PDA

View Full Version : FS: Used projector - Cheap $100

LUDELVR
06-11-2013, 05:12 PM
This thing is not very "state of the art" however it does work.

It's a China made unit that I bought brand new online. Here are the details:

The good:
it works and it's inexpensive.
It has all major ports such as VGA, component, just a regular video cable as well as hdmi...but I wouldnt count on using that because I just looked and there's so much dust on it!!

The bad:
It's pretty loud
The picture is not HD by any means
Remote is really wonky (when you push the button it's like someone is holding it down so you have to point it away after you push the button so it doesn't repeat its function)
It takes a while for it to shut down, including the fans. When you push the power button twice to turn it off, if you decide you want to turn it back on, you'll need to wait for it to power back down completely before you can turn it back on...usually takes about 5 minutes or so.

I've used this thing a couple hand full of times simply because I'm never home but I came across a new projector so this is collecting even more dust now so might as well get rid of it. It's served it's purpose well and with a loud stereo, the fans aren't as much as a distraction! :rofl:

It would be great for just an extra room or for a gaming console. I had it hooked up to an XBOX for a while but then got rid of the XBOX.

to be honest I can't even find the model online! haha but PM me and I can text you a photo of it.

Cheers.