PDA

View Full Version : Horton Road Auto

TheStigz
06-13-2013, 07:41 AM
Hello all,

Looking at purchasing a car over there.
It seems there office is combined with the Calgary Car connection. Joint business?

Anyone has purchased anything from them?
The only "Review" I can find on the internetz is this:

"We live in the condos right by this dealership. We just watched one of their employees take a women in a dress into one of the used vans for sale on the lot, at 9:30 at night...

Over an hour and a half later, they emerge, the gentleman still trying to put his pants back on. One can only assume what they were doing in there for so long....But I really feel bad for whoever ends up buying that white camper van! No class."
http://www.yelp.ca/biz/horton-road-auto-and-truck-sales-calgary

Mibz
06-13-2013, 07:58 AM
I went there to look at a Cherokee. It had CLEARLY been fucked up on one corner. One new headlight, one new not-quite-colour-matched fender, one new wheel and tire.

I ask the guy "What happened to this one?"

"Nothing. Never been in an accident"

I literally walked away without saying anything, won't go back.

They also smoke in the office, which is pretty godamn gross.

darthVWader
06-13-2013, 08:12 AM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c245/bigbowtrout/tiger-woods_zps0c1b7e68.jpg (http://s28.photobucket.com/user/bigbowtrout/media/tiger-woods_zps0c1b7e68.jpg.html)

NoMoreG35
06-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
They also smoke in the office, which is pretty godamn gross.

That's awesome! I wish that's still allowed in my office...

sidewaysD
06-13-2013, 08:33 AM
Umm... hard to say if you should or not.

Well... I bought a car there which is still sitting in the lot.

-I have called the guy asking when can I pick the car up? Told me he will call me in an hour. 3 hours passes by.. I call the main number and my salesman cell....Nothing.

-Left a voice mail on both.. Nothing.

-Called in the evening around 7ish finally got through. "Going to a meeting, will return your call as soon as possible."

Still waiting.....Its frustrating.. as I think theres only one Salesman for Horton. My frustation is at the point where I am undecided if I made the right purchase or not at this dealership. :banghead:

Tik-Tok
06-13-2013, 08:57 AM
About 7 years ago I went there looking at a truck, the sales person told me that the owners son had driven it for about a year, and it was in "great condition!". When I took it for a test drive, I realized the speedometer/odometer had been disconnected... that kind of said it all for me.

Disoblige
06-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Coles: Don't buy a car from there, and if you still do after reading this thread, that's your god damn fault if anything happens.

sidewaysD
06-13-2013, 09:24 AM
:banghead:

fuck.. I just bought that first gen Miata.
Test drive was okay, saftey was ok, hope its okay when they finally allow me to take it...

Tik-Tok
06-13-2013, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by sidewaysD
:banghead:

fuck.. I just bought that first gen Miata.
Test drive was okay, saftey was ok, hope its okay when they finally allow me to take it...

Even shitty dealerships can have decent cars. If every car they sold was a lemon, they would have changed their name/location by now, lol.

sidewaysD
06-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Even shitty dealerships can have decent cars. If every car they sold was a lemon, they would have changed their name/location by now, lol.

Dude I hope so..
After seeing this thread title I was like oh shitttttt , and reading everyones issues has me a little concerned lol. Not to mention it feels like I am being dogged as I still have not heard from the sales guy.

GTS4tw
06-13-2013, 09:44 AM

Dude I hope so..
After seeing this thread title I was like oh shitttttt , and reading everyones issues has me a little concerned lol. Not to mention it feels like I am being dogged as I still have not heard from the sales guy.

Have you thought of just going down and picking up your car?

sidewaysD
06-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

Have you thought of just going down and picking up your car?

I have to wait for the salesguy to get approval from the boss.

I should go down there and speak to the "boss" in person.

GTS4tw
06-13-2013, 10:23 AM

I have to wait for the salesguy to get approval from the boss.

I should go down there and speak to the "boss" in person.

Yeah I don't know what this means, but when I have bought a vehicle from a dealership I have gone down, paid, and left with my vehicle. I have no idea why you would buy it and then leave it there, but it sounds like you haven't actually paid yet?

TheStigz
06-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Thanks Yall! Walking away.

sidewaysD
06-13-2013, 10:36 AM

Yeah I don't know what this means, but when I have bought a vehicle from a dealership I have gone down, paid, and left with my vehicle. I have no idea why you would buy it and then leave it there, but it sounds like you haven't actually paid yet?

Purchased in winter so the car sat in the lot. They got me into there "IN-House financing" after certain amounts of payments I could pick it up. So after winter and a few months, I want to pick her up... Just call they said..

Nope, put a 1000 deposit, made 4 monthly payments already.

06-13-2013, 10:39 AM

Purchased in winter so the car sat in the lot. They got me into there "IN-House fiancing" after certain amounts of payments I could pick it up. So after winter and a few months, I want to pick her up... Just call they said..

Nope, put a 1000 deposit, made 4 monthly payments allready.

lol..... wut?

sidewaysD
06-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by 410440

lol..... wut?

yup :(

vengie
06-13-2013, 10:41 AM

I'd be banging doors down... They in essence have taken ~$2000+ from you and you have nothing to show for it.

Go get your damn car. *IF* they even still have it... Sounds pretty shady.

GTS4tw
06-13-2013, 10:41 AM

Wow, wtf. Never been in a situation like that. That sucks. Do you have a signed contract and proof of downpayment and monthly payments?

sidewaysD
06-13-2013, 10:43 AM

Wow, wtf. Never been in a situation like that. That sucks. Do you have a signed contract and proof of downpayment and monthly payments?

That I do... and the payment schedule.

And the bank statements of payments withdrawn from that company.

GTS4tw
06-13-2013, 10:45 AM

That I do... and the payment schedule.

And the bank statements of payments withdrawn from that company.

I would absolutely go down, dont do anything over the phone, just make sure you bring your paperwork with you or they can use that as a reason to stall. Be polite to them, it could just be some incompetent employee and not the company.

FraserB
06-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Yeah, your next call is to the police.

kvg
06-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Sounds Like Horton rd auto is a sketchy dealership.

rx7_turbo2
06-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by vengie

I'd be banging doors down... They in essence have taken ~$2000+ from you and you have nothing to show for it.

Go get your damn car. *IF* they even still have it... Sounds pretty shady.

You have to be a little careful because you don't know what the details are. It may be that they allow you to make a deposit and then you have to make a certain number of payments until they release the vehicle to you. The fine print may also have something along the lines of monthly payments before the vehicle is delivered shall also be considered "storage fees".

This could be a real mess. Hopefully it ends well but man that's a can of worms. There isn't a hope in hell I'd ever get involved in anything like that. Good luck!

sidewaysD
06-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

You have to be a little careful because you don't know what the details are. It may be that they allow you to make a deposit and then you have to make a certain number of payments until they release the vehicle to you. The fine print may also have something along the lines of monthly payments before the vehicle is delivered shall also be considered "storage fees".

This could be a real mess. Hopefully it ends well but man that's a can of worms. There isn't a hope in hell I'd ever get involved in anything like that. Good luck!

Nothing in the "terms" agreement or anything mentioning number of payments, storage fees.

Ill be civil about it and go talk to the boss. I am just annoyed how my calls are not anwsered/screened, and my messages not replied too.

corsvette
06-13-2013, 11:58 AM
From the AMVIC website

d.b.a: HORTON ROAD AUTO & TRUCK SALES
a.k.a: AUTO MAX OF CALGARY INC.

Division of Auto Max!

rx7_turbo2
06-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by corsvette
From the AMVIC website

d.b.a: HORTON ROAD AUTO & TRUCK SALES
a.k.a: AUTO MAX OF CALGARY INC.

Division of Auto Max!

Well that explains that.

Mibz
06-13-2013, 12:11 PM
I thought the shitty Auto Max was Auto Maxxxxxxx

Hallowed_point
06-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
I thought the shitty Auto Max was Auto Maxxxxxxx

Whenever I see a company with a slang name or a bunch of random letters at the end to be "edgy"..I avoid them. Usually run by low-life ex cons/drug dealers lol.

bourge73
06-13-2013, 01:35 PM
1st Gen Miata used all winter as a Ice Racer/Courtesy Car. We are all done with it, come on down and get your car....Hope its in the same shape dude. SKETCH.

Dave P
06-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by bourge73
1st Gen Miata used all winter as a Ice Racer/Courtesy Car. We are all done with it, come on down and get your car....Hope its in the same shape dude. SKETCH.

haha

"From bodily fluids and hair samples, we've determined that a bunch of old homeless dudes had an orgy in there."

never
06-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Good ole dirty Mike!

sidewaysD
06-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Picking her up today :D

Hopefully those ice racing tires are off, dont want to damadge are cities tarmac.