PDA

View Full Version : Tint Shops

switch
02-21-2004, 09:26 AM
I am going to get my car tinted this weekend and I am wondering what the best shop in cowtown is?

I did a search and the winners were The Car Salon and Shadow Tinting -- which is better and why?

discuss.

Fluidic
02-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Go with Shadow Tinting. Nuno does a great job. Make sure you purchase the "higher-end" tint -- it's much better then the cheap shit.

Good luck. Post pictures when everything is done. :)

///M3
02-21-2004, 01:01 PM
i would look at cost and quality.

powerslave
02-21-2004, 01:22 PM
I've had my tint done at Shadow tinting and thought they did a great job.

Kona9
02-21-2004, 01:34 PM
once again, my aunt owns trim line. Check them out 291-2777 ask for dan or darlene. tell them ken from Indian Motorcycle Sent you. I am trying to get a beyond discount started, but have not had the time to get out to talk with them. There have been a few people on here that got work done there. They have PM'd me with the compliments and comments. GL

switch
02-21-2004, 07:11 PM
Decided on Shadow, great guys offering great service. Went with the 20% with the 10 year warranty -- took about 1.5 hours and cost $192.00 w/ tax.

I am really tempted to get 35% on the driver/passenger windows.

Before:

http://www.redworx.net/wrx/wrx_4.jpg

After:

http://www.redworx.net/wrx/after.jpg

legereandrew4
02-21-2004, 07:18 PM
looks good. dosnt even look liek glass no more...

That.Guy.S30
02-21-2004, 08:15 PM
i think in goin to go to trimline.. had service with them before and they treated me great..

itsnotaDUB
02-21-2004, 09:00 PM
shadow is pretty expencive... i had three windows done there and it was like 220-250... cant remember... although the windows were good quality..

EnRich
02-21-2004, 09:03 PM
How much does it cost to get say the rear window, rears windows, and the side windows tinted at shadow tint with the best quality tint??? so 5 windows on an Accord...??? Hey Switch that looks pretty good, but too dark for me... you really should get the front ones done too though man...

Rich

Fluidic
02-21-2004, 09:07 PM
I remember I went to SuperTint or whatever it's called now... they did a very bad job on all seven of my windows on my Jetta. Sure it was about 50 bucks cheaper then Shadow Tinting... but it wasn't worth the headaque.

I'm dealing with Shadow for my next tint job...

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ == see sig

switch
02-21-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
How much does it cost to get say the rear window, rears windows, and the side windows tinted at shadow tint with the best quality tint??? so 5 windows on an Accord...??? Hey Switch that looks pretty good, but too dark for me... you really should get the front ones done too though man...

Rich

~$280 w/ tax for all five at shadow.

The picture makes it look MUCH darker than it really is -- the pic looks like 5-10%, but its only 20%.

They quoted me $79 to do the front two with 35%.

hampstor
02-21-2004, 09:23 PM
I've always used Tintmaster on 17th ave SE / 44th st. Lifetime warranty on tint at a very good price.

Fluidic
02-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by switch

~$280 w/ tax for all five at shadow.

The picture makes it look MUCH darker than it really is -- the pic looks like 5-10%, but its only 20%.

They quoted me $79 to do the front two with 35%.

I think you should keep the tint % the same on all windows -- to me at least, that looks much more... well... nicer. :)

JAYMEZ
02-22-2004, 01:17 AM
Got my sti done at shadow tint , $149 for 3 windows , looks like you did the same up there^^^ awesome job . good choice

googe
02-22-2004, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

I think you should keep the tint % the same on all windows -- to me at least, that looks much more... well... nicer. :)

...if you want to a ticket and be ordered to take it off within a week :thumbsdow

itsnotaDUB
02-22-2004, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by googe

...if you want to a ticket and be ordered to take it off within a week :thumbsdow

they cant MAKE you take it off.. but once in a while they will try to peel it off so it looks bad.. but they cant force you take it off....

Fluidic
02-22-2004, 05:44 AM

I suppose. I understand the CPS are really cracking down on people with tint on the front windows... guess I was lucky in my Jetta. :dunno:

Weapon_R
02-22-2004, 05:50 AM
Tintmaster is awesome. He did a great job on my integra. And he only charged me about 130 bux for the three windows - 5 were 180.

googe
02-22-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

I suppose. I understand the CPS are really cracking down on people with tint on the front windows... guess I was lucky in my Jetta. :dunno:

yeah they dont seem to like it. id like my fronts done, cause my rears are dark and its quite unbalanced, but i know 2 people that got handed the razorblade almost immediately after they got the tint, and many others who got "fix-it" tickets. ah well.

how long did you drive your jetta with tint in the front unbothered? and what % was it?

i was thinking of doing the fronts but not going too dark, then with the backs dark it might not draw as much attention.

20incheyes
02-22-2004, 01:23 PM

yeah they dont seem to like it. id like my fronts done, cause my rears are dark and its quite unbalanced, but i know 2 people that got handed the razorblade almost immediately after they got the tint, and many others who got "fix-it" tickets. ah well.

how long did you drive your jetta with tint in the front unbothered? and what % was it?

i was thinking of doing the fronts but not going too dark, then with the backs dark it might not draw as much attention.

both cars have that setup for over 2 years now and no probelsm ever, 35% Fronts here

That.Guy.S30
02-22-2004, 01:26 PM
i guess it also depends on what car you drive.. cops always have an eye open for the japanese cars.. i see vws with tint up front all the time and they tell me they never get harrassed or anythin