PDA

View Full Version : Any online cigar buyers here?

Pages : [1] 2

genesis0403
06-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Considering the expensive tobacco tax in Alberta, is there anyone who buys cigars online base in other provinces?

Neil4Speed
06-17-2013, 10:42 AM
I highly recommend Cigarplace.biz. I did a order for around $80 and will never buy cigars locally again. Great prices, shipping rates, and they do the customs stuff properly.

I got some Isla Del Sol Robusto, really like them.

ercchry
06-17-2013, 10:48 AM
if they do the customs stuff "properly"

... you are still paying duty on the cigars? so when you actually get them delivered you probably have a pretty decent bill?

genesis0403
06-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Cigar prices are so expensive here! Never knew there was so much tax on tobacco products here before

genesis0403
06-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
I highly recommend Cigarplace.biz. I did a order for around $80 and will never buy cigars locally again. Great prices, shipping rates, and they do the customs stuff properly.

I got some Isla Del Sol Robusto, really like them.

How are the Isla Del Sol in taste? Are they mild?
I was going to buy some H. Upmann as I think they're good in price and taste for daily smokers

Neil4Speed
06-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
if they do the customs stuff "properly"

... you are still paying duty on the cigars? so when you actually get them delivered you probably have a pretty decent bill?

and the Isla's are great. Sweetened tip which won't be good for some but a nice thick smoke which goes down very easy.

ercchry
06-17-2013, 12:05 PM
the top 20 of 2012 is such an awesome deal... too bad they dont have it in stock :(

that site is a little dangerous too, after browsing for 15min i had $600 in my cart :rofl:

genesis0403
06-17-2013, 12:20 PM
the top 20 of 2012 is such an awesome deal... too bad they dont have it in stock :(

that site is a little dangerous too, after browsing for 15min i had $600 in my cart :rofl:

hahaha I agree. I was looking at this site and suddenly I find myself lookin at Opus X lol

genesis0403
06-17-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm thinking of getting the Flor De Las Antillas Toro. Anyone try it or want to split the box of 20? seems its on no 1 on the top 25 cigar list of http://www.cigaraficionado.com/ 2012

woodywoodford
06-17-2013, 02:46 PM
How long do cigars last in a nice ~$400 humidor (one of those nice boxes)? I only smoke one a week so a box would last quite a while.

ercchry
06-17-2013, 02:47 PM
^^^EDIT: they will last forever if you maintain your humidor properly. they will go in and out of "season" though... its amazing how much more you start smoking when you start buying boxes though

well thanks a lot assholes... there goes a bunch of money i didnt need to spend :rofl:

but how can you say no to RP Edge cigars for $3.75/stick?! makes me sick that i have bought a few locally for ~$20/stick :barf:

GQBalla
06-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Buy some of my Cohiba Robustos!

ercchry
06-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
Buy some of my Cohiba Robustos!

$3.75/stick?! :D

GQBalla
06-17-2013, 03:03 PM
lol i wish right i would lose money. These cost 12 each at the Cuba duty free

genesis0403
06-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by woodywoodford
How long do cigars last in a nice ~$400 humidor (one of those nice boxes)? I only smoke one a week so a box would last quite a while.

As far as I know, if maintained properly they last max 15 years? In my opinion on the box, it doesn't really matter how expensive it is as long as its cedar and it seals properly. Buy the nanobead humidifier if you get the box. I just got one and it works better than the gel types.

ercchry
06-17-2013, 03:07 PM
EDIT:^^^ spanish cedar isnt actually a cedar species, its mahogany ;)

yeah, i've found myself going with the nicaragua tobacco cigars over the cuban lately. i honestly cant say i enjoy a cohiba over the other offerings in my humidor.

i do have a behike hanging out for a special occasion though. kind of looking forward to that one

genesis0403
06-17-2013, 03:09 PM
ercchry which ones did you buy?

ercchry
06-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by genesis0403
ercchry which ones did you buy?

checked out the "specials" tab and saw a bunch of Rocky Patel products had a bonus 10% off, so i went with the Rocky Patel Edge Toro Maduro, and Rocky Patel 1992 Vintage Deluxe Toro Tubo

the 1992s were a bit of a splurge at $5.85/stick :rofl:

genesis0403
06-17-2013, 03:17 PM
the 1992 seems pretty good by its description

woodywoodford
06-17-2013, 03:19 PM
How about these bad boys.. No idea what the guys selling them for, but god damn are they beautiful

http://cdn.styleforum.net/9/9c/900x900px-LL-9c166a80_null_zps5c3130a4.jpeg

ercchry
06-17-2013, 03:19 PM
yeah, only got 10 of those since i havent had them before. i've had the edge a few times. its a nice smoke... have another in the humidor right now actually. its decent. really decent at $3.75/stick

genesis0403
06-17-2013, 03:24 PM
How about these bad boys.. No idea what the guys selling them for, but god damn are they beautiful

http://cdn.styleforum.net/9/9c/900x900px-LL-9c166a80_null_zps5c3130a4.jpeg

If you want those boxes that can hold 100+ you can get a decent one at most cigar stores for $100ish. Make sure you buy a humidifier online possibly the nano beads. Also digital hygrometers are good. I bought a Xikar digital hygrometer online for 30 bucks I think. I also think that if I was to buy another humidor, I would buy one with a glass top. That way, I can see my digital hygrometer readings without opening the box

genesis0403
06-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Also funny thing that happened to me a few days ago.
I am a puncher guy than a cutter. I went to a cigar shop a few days ago to buy one to smoke and borrowed their puncher. Their puncher they lend me was around $20-30 but my $5 puncher works wayyyy better

ercchry
06-17-2013, 03:31 PM
im thinking about one of these for my next one... right now i just have a small one, which was fine for buying one off random cigars here and there... but once you get a box, it fills up a little quickly

http://www.canadahumidor.com/images/products/secondary/hum-dis5-2.jpg

http://www.canadahumidor.com/medium_humidors/countertop_display_5/

here is my current one... its a little more empty since this pic

http://distilleryimage5.s3.amazonaws.com/dbbc258e967f11e28a5c22000a1f8acf_7.jpg

genesis0403
06-17-2013, 03:33 PM
seriously glasstop all the way...

ercchry
06-17-2013, 03:36 PM
yeah, my current is glass top... but the biggest issue is it cuts down on where you can stick stuff! cant stick my gel on the glass... so i have that compartment to the left which eats up a lot of space

genesis0403
06-17-2013, 04:16 PM
errcchry you should give me some recommendations on Nicaraguan or Dominican cigars! I'm quite new to the Dominican collections. For cubans, I like RyJ, Cohiba, H. Upmann. I tried Thomas Hinds and it was not bad as well

ercchry
06-17-2013, 04:32 PM
I'm still pretty new to them, basically i just ask the guys in bridgeland at the tobacco outlet what they recommend... haven't steered me wrong yet

Casa magna is pretty solid, some people don't let em, but i enjoyed the gurkha evil. I bought a box of the la aroma de cuba, which I've been smoking a lot of recently

Isaiah
06-17-2013, 04:40 PM
Dominican:

Don Lucas Robusto Maduro is a very affordable stick but difficult to find online. Smooth and consistent throughout with subtle hints of spice. The wrapper is a beautiful dark complexion with few visible veins and the ash is very white and firm. It also comes in a Legero with similar qualities but an airier draw and smoother taste.

La Aurora Rothschild is a perfect little smoke with the gauge of a corona or smaller robusto but the length of a petit corona. Incredibly consistent notes throughout and rarely a bad one in the box. Having aged them for 6 years, they truly improve with age. The dense draw provides a mouthful of rich, flavourful smoke that will linger on the palate for hours after you're finished. Although I usually pair with Cognac or Scotch, I last tried an aged dark rum which was a terrific accompaniment.

My all time favourite (I love the short stack):

Arturo Fuente Short Story - the tapered tip of this little powerhouse ensures an evenly lit stick every time. The feeling of the tanned, oily wrapper from the moment you pick it up is an indication of the sophisticated flavours you're about to discover. I usually taste mocha notes but accentuated by a slightly spicier, sharper finish. The size is perfect for a pre-dinner or poker game smoke that doesn't consume two hours of your evening. Finish is bold and punchy but it won't linger like lesser-caliber smokes.

Arturo Fuente is my favourite brand and having smoked at least a two dozen different labels from both Cuba and DR, I would say that it is no less superb than any top tier Cuban.

EDIT: I'm a long-time aficionado with two humidors chalk-full of smokes so if anyone's every looking for a cigar night, just PM me cause I just got married and can't smoke em in the house anymore.

Isaiah
06-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Eric: if you can, try to separate the different cigars into separate sections of your humidor. If you don't have the space, at least use the separators to keep the legeros and maduros in different compartments because the wrappers contain most of the flavour and they'll bleed into each other.

Those little cigarillos on the left are taking up prime real estate in your box so I would suggest moving some of your higher end sticks into that compartment and then placing the cigarillos in a regular small box to keep the flavours intact (i.e.: cigarette box) and just placing them on top of the rest in the main compartment.

If anyone wants tips on a terrific cutter, box, lighter, etc, I can let you know because I've tried em all. Currently have 5 high-end cutters and some don't even compare in quality or consistency to the others.

Isaiah
06-17-2013, 04:59 PM

If you want those boxes that can hold 100+ you can get a decent one at most cigar stores for $100ish. Make sure you buy a humidifier online possibly the nano beads. Also digital hygrometers are good. I bought a Xikar digital hygrometer online for 30 bucks I think. I also think that if I was to buy another humidor, I would buy one with a glass top. That way, I can see my digital hygrometer readings without opening the box
Those boxes look terrific but looks can be deceiving. A glass top humidor is nice because you have to keep in mind that every time you open your box you're losing the integrity of your artificial microclimate. In our dry climate, it usually takes about a day for your humidity level to recover so the less frequently you can open it the better. For that reason alone, I suggest a glass top since you don't have to open it to check your levels.

Do not ever, EVER trust the cheap analog hygrometer on the outside of the box. They are very finicky and often terrible made-in-china quality. I keep two different digital hygrometers in each box as they can vary by as much as 5%, especially if you have compartmentalized or stacked boxes like the one ercchry posted.

Finally, whatever you do, make sure you condition your humidor after buying it. You can find details online on how to do it properly but this is a critical step. Most cigar smokers are eager to get their sticks in the moment they get their humidor home but you will be doing the cigars more harm than good if you don't condition the box as the cedar will absorb the first batch of fluid and your smokes could easily warp or crack as they compete for humidity.

genesis0403
06-17-2013, 05:31 PM
Isaiah awesome reviews and recommendations!!

ercchry
06-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah
Eric: if you can, try to separate the different cigars into separate sections of your humidor. If you don't have the space, at least use the separators to keep the legeros and maduros in different compartments because the wrappers contain most of the flavour and they'll bleed into each other.

Those little cigarillos on the left are taking up prime real estate in your box so I would suggest moving some of your higher end sticks into that compartment and then placing the cigarillos in a regular small box to keep the flavours intact (i.e.: cigarette box) and just placing them on top of the rest in the main compartment.

yeah, basically i have the divider there so the humidifier is separated... i was thinking about putting real cigars over there but they would be touching the humidifier and i figured that would make them a little uneven. so i sacrificed the al capones

the box looks a little different now. i have a few cohibas and they are grouped together. then my one offs are beside them and underneath that are the ashtons... which are individually wrapped in plastic

genesis0403
06-19-2013, 09:15 AM
any of you guys have experiences with rocky patel 15th anniversary editions? I'm thinking of buying the robusto but I've been also looking at the Arturo Fuente Hemingway and Hemingway Classic as well. Thinking of buying a box. Any opinions as to which one I should go?

Isaiah
06-19-2013, 09:26 PM
I've smoked many Patels and actually met him at Big Smoke 2009. While never having smoked the particular cigar you mention, I do not generally find Rocky Patels anywhere near as smooth or consistent as the Fuentes.

In contrast, I don't remember ever having smoked a Hemingway that was less than excellent by all metrics. The Arturo Fuente Hemingway series are a sure bet and if you search online with reliable vendors, you can usually get a smokin deal on them. It is one of less than 10 cigar brands that I'll actually purchase by the box and in my opinion is by far the best bang for your buck.

genesis0403
06-21-2013, 12:29 AM
awesome! cigarplace.biz seems to have good prices on the hemingways in boxes so I guess I'll go for that

Unknown303
06-21-2013, 02:31 AM
I'm still pretty new to them, basically i just ask the guys in bridgeland at the tobacco outlet what they recommend... haven't steered me wrong yet

Casa magna is pretty solid, some people don't let em, but i enjoyed the gurkha evil. I bought a box of the la aroma de cuba, which I've been smoking a lot of recently

That shop in Bridgeland is awesome. I bought a box there, although currently in my night shift state I can't remember what kind they are. :zzz:

genesis0403
06-21-2013, 05:09 PM
So for those of you cigarplace.biz shoppers, what do you ask to put for declaraton? The employee contacted me saying that i need to tell them what to put in for declaration and also the value

ercchry
06-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Depends what you order. I just asked them for suggestions

genesis0403
06-21-2013, 10:18 PM
I placed an order for a box of fuente. How are you all doing with the flood anyways

DEATH2000
06-22-2013, 10:21 PM
For cigars in Canada check out Cigar Chief. Ships from Ontario so no customs or duty.

http://cigarchief.com/

For humidors and cigar accessories visit CanadaHumidor.com. The guy is actually based out of Calgary so shipping is cheap.

http://www.canadahumidor.com/

And if you want a dedicated Canadian Cigar Forum hit up CanadaCigarForum.com

ercchry
06-26-2013, 01:05 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1003652_10151727716488638_1280723162_n.jpg

im going to have to get smoking! i've got 7 sticks that dont fit in the humidor :nut:

genesis0403
06-26-2013, 01:16 PM
awesome!!! I ordered my Fuente... hopefully it'll come soon

Neil4Speed
06-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Nice pickups guys, I decided to jump on too, bought a bundle of Cuvee Blanc Robustos and a few Flor De Las Antillas Toro (Cigar Afficiando top cigar of 2012)

ercchry
06-26-2013, 01:22 PM
i smoked one of the 1992s already... wish i had a nice strong coffee to go with it, would have complemented it well.

it started off a little funky, but after ~0.5" it got really nice. the new cutter is okay... not great though. the blade is a c-hair too short in the bowl so it doesnt cut the far end smooth, kind of pinches it... but still prefer the cat eye to the guillotine

Unknown303
06-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by DEATH2000

http://www.canadahumidor.com/

And if you want a dedicated Canadian Cigar Forum hit up CanadaCigarForum.com

For some reason I thought he was out of Red Deer. None the less I've ordered a humidor from his and it's amazing, plus dealing with them is super easy since they are in Alberta.

ercchry
06-26-2013, 03:06 PM
he lives in hillhurst, buddy of mine actually went and grabbed one right from his house, no waiting for shipping! haha

tenth
06-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Anybody that has recently ordered off Cigar Chief experience anything unusual with their credit cards? A buddy and I both had calls from our CC company for unauthorized purchases on Monday June 24. Cigar Chief seems to be the sketchiest place we had both used our cards at, although there would be a handful of local places it could be as well.

I hope to hell that's not it because I love their prices.

genesis0403
06-27-2013, 08:31 AM
ouch.. Well it seems most of us here have or is buying from cigarplace.biz

Unknown303
06-27-2013, 10:08 AM
he lives in hillhurst, buddy of mine actually went and grabbed one right from his house, no waiting for shipping! haha

Well that really explains how I got my order so fast.

dino_martini
06-28-2013, 02:04 PM

hahaha I agree. I was looking at this site and suddenly I find myself lookin at Opus X lol

Oh my...you had me at Opus X lol. Canadians get ripped off on Tobacco and Booze, no question. When I was down in Florida last month, I bought 3 Opus X for $18/stick. Sheffiled wants something like $32 for one Opus X. I wish I could have brought back more than I did, but I don't want to end up on some customs list and get searched every time I come back into Canada.

:drool: Opus X + Balvenie DoubleWood 12 Year Old

genesis0403
06-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

Oh my...you had me at Opus X lol. Canadians get ripped off on Tobacco and Booze, no question. When I was down in Florida last month, I bought 3 Opus X for $18/stick. Sheffiled wants something like $32 for one Opus X. I wish I could have brought back more than I did, but I don't want to end up on some customs list and get searched every time I come back into Canada.

:drool: Opus X + Balvenie DoubleWood 12 Year Old

:drool:

I ordered the Fuente. Opus is kinda pricey!

DEATH2000
06-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by tenth
Anybody that has recently ordered off Cigar Chief experience anything unusual with their credit cards? A buddy and I both had calls from our CC company for unauthorized purchases on Monday June 24. Cigar Chief seems to be the sketchiest place we had both used our cards at, although there would be a handful of local places it could be as well.

I hope to hell that's not it because I love their prices.
Sorry to hear that man. Hes a forum sponsor on Canada Cigar Forum (CCF) and I have never heard anything about credit card issues before.

BlackRadon
06-29-2013, 08:49 PM
anyone try ACID branded cigars before? sample packs looks to be a great deal..

great site BTW

superflychief
07-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Hey guys. I'm going to Mexico in 2 weeks and I've read that they have some pretty good cigars. Anybody have any experience or recommendations they can pass along? Thanks.

Isaiah
07-02-2013, 11:05 PM
If you don't know much about cigars, I wouldn't suggest trying to pick some up on a trip to Mexico. You'll likely end up coming back with dehydrated fakes. Your best bet if you're just getting into it is to find someone locally who has some knowledge and a few good sticks and hit them up for a cigar session. That said, I have never smoked a Mexican cigar and I've smoked enough that I'm sure any worth a draw would have come my way. Stick to the classics: Cuban, Dominican, Honduran, Nicaraguan.

On a different note, Calgary's humidity level is extremely high right now so you'll notice your boxes start to peak out at the high 70s if you usually maintain it where it should be. In the short term I wouldn't worry about it but if you have more than one humidifier in your humidor then I would take the second one out until our humidex stabilizes.

tenth
07-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by DEATH2000

Sorry to hear that man. Hes a forum sponsor on Canada Cigar Forum (CCF) and I have never heard anything about credit card issues before.
That's good to hear and comforting. Both of us are first time buyers in the last month or so.

genesis0403
07-04-2013, 12:19 PM
just arrived!

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2874/7t1g.jpg

str8jkt
07-04-2013, 01:03 PM
I've ordered from a couple different places.

A couple years ago I ordered some sampler packs from absolutecigars.com . Based out of Eastern Canada so they won't sell Cubans out of province but ended up with a bunch of nice Dominican and Nicraguan's.

Almost exactly a year ago I ordered a variety of different cigars from atlanticcigar.net. Based out of the states and couldn't have had a better experience. They were great to respond to email questions and pasted below in red is the email they send which gives you options as to shipping (for customs).

I went with option 1 and paid no customs.

This year ended up going to Cuba so am stocked up until next year.

By placing an order with us you are agreeing to assume all risk involved. We are not responsible for packages that are seized, lost, damaged or undeliverable. The customer will take full responsibility.

Option 1

Package is marked as a gift sent person to person with a low $$ value. Contents are marked as something other than cigars (books, candles, etc….) There is no indication of cigars on the package. If customs stops the package they may seize the contents and the customer will be out the product and the money. If the package is not labeled as cigars Customs is no longer giving the customer the option to pay the duties or have the package returned back to us. They are confiscating the product. Many Canadian customers have still been choosing this method as they feel the risk is worth it. Less than 10% of the packages being sent have been confiscated by customs.

Option 2

Package is marked as gift sent person to person with a low $$ value. Contents are marked as cigars. This is the less risky way. Most packages shipped this way have still passed threw customs with the customer not having to pay any duties. If customs does stop the package you will most likely just have to pay the duties on the lower value or you may have the option to have the package returned back to us. Since the package is labeled correctly they will not confiscate the contents.

Option 3

Same as option 2, but we will remove the cigars from the boxes and ship as bundles.

Please respond to this email with how you would like us to ship with a response of:

1) Option 1

2) Option 2

3) Option 3

We do recommend for whatever option you choose not to order more than two boxes at a time or no more than 50 cigars. It seems more issues arise with larger orders.

We understand your frustration and hope than one day you will be able to enjoy a fine cigar with out the trouble and ridiculous taxes you are forced to pay.

str8jkt
07-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Attached pics of the haul I returned with from Cuba and the top shelf of some of the other stuff in my humidor..

http://i.imgur.com/GRJul2D.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/W69hQW6.jpg

woodywoodford
07-25-2013, 03:01 PM
So did anybody end up ordering from cigarplace.biz? Just grabbed a humidor and am looking for reviews before ordering there, or recommendations of other places. Kinda nervous to use cigar chief based on the credit card comments earlier.

Also since this is my first humidor, anything I should know to use it right? It's getting conditioned right now, they gave me some of that alcohol stuff to prevent mold, and a fancier humidifier. Do you leave your cigars in the original box/packaging and just drop them in the humi, or dump them in and chuck the box/tubes/etc? Leave them in the shrink wrap?

woodywoodford
07-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Screw it - 25 Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic's on their way from cigarplace.biz. Can't wait :D

genesis0403
07-26-2013, 02:25 PM
I ordered from them. I ordered the exact same thing as you and received it with no problems at all. I just put the box in the humidor with the box slightly open so the cigar would breathe better

Isaiah
07-29-2013, 12:39 AM

Also since this is my first humidor, anything I should know to use it right? It's getting conditioned right now, they gave me some of that alcohol stuff to prevent mold, and a fancier humidifier. Do you leave your cigars in the original box/packaging and just drop them in the humi, or dump them in and chuck the box/tubes/etc? Leave them in the shrink wrap?
If it fits in the humidor, just put the whole box right in as that is the environment for which they're best suited and will minimize handling. Keep them exactly as they come, in original tubes, cellophane wrap, etc.

ercchry
08-12-2013, 02:03 PM
im scared... should have ordered less... fuck

first order:

19:04 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
13:09 MISSISSAUGA Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing
13:08 MISSISSAUGA Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.

this one:

2013/08/11 22:10 MISSISSAUGA Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review.
2013/08/11 22:09 MISSISSAUGA Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
2013/08/09 09:19 USMIAA,USA International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada

the last message didnt appear till this afternoon as well, which i found odd. no updates all day :cry:

Neil4Speed
08-12-2013, 02:30 PM

2013/08/11 22:10 MISSISSAUGA Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review.

Fuuu, keep us updated. How many did you order.

ercchry
08-12-2013, 02:31 PM
uh, 77 full sized and 200 minis... whoops :rofl:

Unknown303
08-12-2013, 02:34 PM
im scared... should have ordered less... fuck

first order:

19:04 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
13:09 MISSISSAUGA Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing
13:08 MISSISSAUGA Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.

this one:

2013/08/11 22:09 MISSISSAUGA Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
2013/08/09 09:19 USMIAA,USA International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada

the last message didnt appear till this afternoon as well, which i found odd. no updates all day :cry:

:rofl: You may have just ruined if for everyone with that one. Now they'll be watching orders from those guys.

ercchry
08-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303

:rofl: You may have just ruined if for everyone with that one. Now they'll be watching orders from those guys.

orders from my uncle? :angel:

all it means is im now on a watch list, and you'll have to order the cigars :rofl:

Unknown303
08-12-2013, 02:59 PM

orders from my uncle? :angel:

all it means is im now on a watch list, and you'll have to order the cigars :rofl:

I do have some family in the states so I could always order to them and then have them send it to me...

ercchry
08-12-2013, 03:08 PM
didnt we have this conversation before? i think you are still not getting it ;)

best bet is still to just spend 48 hours in the states with a non-smoker. bring back 100 sticks 100% proper

genesis0403
08-12-2013, 04:46 PM
crap... lol

Neil4Speed
08-12-2013, 05:06 PM
uh, 77 full sized and 200 minis... whoops :rofl:

Okay, you should have seen that happening... :(

ercchry
08-12-2013, 05:26 PM
its not over yet... but yeah, kid in a candy store :rofl:

at least my humidor showed up today, 125 count cabinet with an oasis xl :love:

ercchry
08-12-2013, 08:53 PM
oooohhh fuck yeah!

:bigpimp:

16:17 MISSISSAUGA Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing

ercchry
08-14-2013, 06:16 PM
package was never even opened at the boarder!

http://i.imgur.com/h0t0mnZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/D1IpLnY.jpg

Neil4Speed
08-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Cuvee Blancs eh, I picked up a few myself, they were definitely enjoyable

And always good Darjms :)

ercchry
08-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Cuvee No. 151 Robusto... havent tried em yet, but they sounded alright for $3/stick :rofl:

woodywoodford
08-14-2013, 08:09 PM

Love that humi... looks like you need to add a small bar beside it though, man that corner up!!

ercchry
08-14-2013, 08:28 PM
Man cabinet is in the other room ;)

DEATH2000
08-14-2013, 09:51 PM

DAMN! Thats a fine setup. How is it holding humi so far?

I also see you shop at Tobacco Outlet...

ercchry
08-14-2013, 10:01 PM
yeah, those guys are cool. um, just got the humidor on monday. put the cigars in today. it seems to be holding... but i have a 5 point difference between the top and bottom. not sure if thats normal with it being so tall with the humidifier at the bottom? or if its still adjusting

Isaiah
08-14-2013, 10:21 PM
yeah, those guys are cool. um, just got the humidor on monday. put the cigars in today. it seems to be holding... but i have a 5 point difference between the top and bottom. not sure if thats normal with it being so tall with the humidifier at the bottom? or if its still adjusting
There's always a difference in humidity from top to bottom on tall stack boxes. I keep two humidifiers at opposite ends of both boxes and two digital hygrometers in each as well to ensure accurate readings.

If you don't want to run out and get a second humidifier, just take a small dish or sauce sized tupperware, fill it half-way with distilled water and place it on the top rack. That'll even you put until you get your hands on another proper humidifier.

ercchry
08-14-2013, 10:23 PM
i do have a few basic humidifiers. but i was worried that it would be too much, since the oasis XL can handle up to 300 sticks i believe?

ercchry
08-15-2013, 09:39 AM
so grabbed one of the large foam humidifiers and added some propylene glycol. stuck it under the top of the humidor and im now reading 70 up top and at the bottom. going to move the digital hygrometer to the middle tonight and see what thats at

woodywoodford
08-15-2013, 10:58 AM
How much does elevation of the humidor itself effect things? I've had mine conditioned for a few weeks, added my cigars last week, and it shot up to around 77-80% and I couldn't get it down at all, but the humi was on top of a bookshelf. I took it down yesterday and left it on the coffee table cause I was too lazy to put it back, and now it's sitting at a comfy 70%. Wtf mate.

ercchry
08-15-2013, 11:01 AM
the cigars will hold moisture. perhaps they were too high?

Isaiah
08-15-2013, 11:13 AM
How much does elevation of the humidor itself effect things? I've had mine conditioned for a few weeks, added my cigars last week, and it shot up to around 77-80% and I couldn't get it down at all, but the humi was on top of a bookshelf. I took it down yesterday and left it on the coffee table cause I was too lazy to put it back, and now it's sitting at a comfy 70%. Wtf mate.
Once you condition the humidor, the cedar lining can not absorb extra humidity, which is exactly the purpose of conditioning the box in order to prevent it from drawing moisture out from your prized cigars.

It is normal for the humidity level to increase by a margin once you add the sticks because a small portion of the moisture contained within them is released into the humidor's controlled micro-climate and increases the relative humidity since it has nowhere else.

The position within your home should have little effect even if you move it between different floors. The best way to stabilize it is to open the door for about 5 seconds to allow some of the humidity to escape, then close it again and see where it stabilizes. You'll notice it drop up to 15% then increase steadily to a point lower than it originally was. If it is still too high, repeat.

Isaiah
08-15-2013, 11:15 AM
I don't get many opportunities to smoke since getting married. Any interest in a cigar meet? I've got some prime sticks just begging for a puff.

ercchry
08-15-2013, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah
I don't get many opportunities to smoke since getting married. Any interest in a cigar meet? I've got some prime sticks just begging for a puff.

how would this work? new bylaws you cant even smoke in a park anymore :banghead:

Isaiah
08-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Either someone's house or outside.

Unknown303
08-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Someone's garage if mine wasn't so filthy I'd do it. I even have a fridge in mine.

ercchry
08-15-2013, 01:03 PM
someone's garage with perhaps some poker would be good... but my garage is beyond a mess... cant even get a motorcycle in it :rofl:

Unknown303
08-15-2013, 01:08 PM
I could probably get mine cleaned up within the month. I haven't had a cigar in ages..

woodywoodford
08-15-2013, 01:44 PM

how would this work? new bylaws you cant even smoke in a park anymore :banghead:

There's also a couple smoking lounges, one at Epicure on 8th ave and another at International outside of Holt. I don't know if you can pay a drop in fee though, membership is like $1500 :banghead:

DEATH2000
08-16-2013, 06:19 PM

There's also a couple smoking lounges, one at Epicure on 8th ave and another at International outside of Holt. I don't know if you can pay a drop in fee though, membership is like $1500 :banghead:
Epicure is members only, $1500 up front, lump sum. Their selection of pipe tobacco is good, but their humidor is really narrow and uncomftorable

woodywoodford
09-25-2013, 07:28 PM
So I'm looking to add another box to my humi, anybody have any suggestions? I'm loving the Hemingway classics, and would like to keep the box at that same price point, roughly $220ish shipped from cigarplace. No cubans either, tobacco beatles would love my apartment.

tenth
09-27-2013, 02:15 PM
So I'm looking to add another box to my humi, anybody have any suggestions? I'm loving the Hemingway classics, and would like to keep the box at that same price point, roughly $220ish shipped from cigarplace. No cubans either, tobacco beatles would love my apartment.
In that price range the Oliva Serie V is right at the top of my list. Others I'd consider would be the Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 and smaller vitola Padron 1964s in that range.

The Alec Bradley Black Market and Flor de las Antillas have been on my wish list for a while and are right around the right price.

Neil4Speed
12-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Hey Guys, this is an awesome deal for someone getting started out.

http://www.cigarplace.biz/index.cfm/a/catalog.prodshow/vid/46506/catid/300

JC522
01-26-2014, 11:02 PM
Does anyone know a site that sells Behike BHK 52 by singles that might be cheaper than local? I didn't see any on cigar place and local seems to be around the 60$ mark