PDA

View Full Version : Yeezus: the new kanye album

finboy
06-18-2013, 11:18 AM
I did't have high hopes after the bloated album that was dark twisted fantasy, but this album is REALLY good. Daft punk, Rick rubin, rza, etc. worked on the production, and it sounds great as a result. There is a heavy focus on industrial/house sounds through the album, parts of it even sound like depeche mode samples.

*awaits "kanye sucks Lolz" posts*

GS430
06-18-2013, 11:29 AM
I like it a lot.

This album was created purely to exhibit Kanye's creativity and vision as an artist. The album is not something you play at a club, or on the radio.

Overall I'd give it an 8/10 because I can't stand auto tune that he used on a few tracks.

Marsh
06-18-2013, 11:31 AM
90% of Kanye songs: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

finboy
06-18-2013, 11:33 AM
The auto tune will unfortunately date some of these tracks VERY quickly, which is unfortunate. Blood on the leaves is a track that would improve a lot without the auto tune.

Disoblige
06-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Lots of production went into this, and it shows.

I had a hard time listening to this album to be honest. It's really harsh and aggressive. I think I can only play it on my home theater stereo to truly appreciate this album.

DeleriousZ
06-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Pretty sure if you looked up 'douchebag' in the dictionary, Kanye's picture would be there.

flipstah
06-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Interesting... Might pick this up.

taemo
06-18-2013, 01:05 PM
i listened to it, there was only song that I enjoyed, the rest IMO were terrible.

but note, I'm not a person that listens to the lyrics, I listen more to the tune and flow of the song.

FixedGear
06-18-2013, 01:29 PM
kanye sucks Lolz

Disoblige
06-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by taemo

but note, I'm not a person that listens to the lyrics, I listen more to the tune and flow of the song.
Lyrically, nothing special. Has some memorable lines but nothing close to Kanye's best.

Manhattan
06-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by finboy
I did't have high hopes after the bloated album that was dark twisted fantasy...

Stop right there. MBDTF was an instant rap classic and there aren't many of them out there. Sounds like you didn't like that one because it was a straight hip hop album.

On first listen this album is definitely more layered with a lot of different influences mixed in there. This one will take at least a few more listens to fully appreciate. Looking past all his celebrity BS, Ye has changed the game and his talent is undeniable.

Manhattan
06-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Has some memorable lines but nothing close to Kanye's best.

Got more [dudes] off than Cochran made me :rofl:

finboy
06-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Manhattan

Stop right there. MBDTF was an instant rap classic and there aren't many of them out there. Sounds like you didn't like that one because it was a straight hip hop album.

College dropout, late registration, graduation > mbdtf

That album had waaaay to much excess and bloat, too many guest appearances to make it worthwhile.

sh0ko
06-18-2013, 02:35 PM
born sinner > yeezus

Manhattan
06-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Have to disagree. Those first 2 albums were 20+ tracks long (skits were annoying, keeps me from playing the whole album thru) with features on most of the tracks. Graduation had 13 tracks but wasn't as consistent. MBDTF was his most polished album. It's my favorite out of his catalogue but that is just my opinion.

eiysa101
06-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by sh0ko
born sinner > yeezus

This. I like Yeezus to an extent but HipHop / Rap wise, Cole's album is better

hurrdurr
06-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by eiysa101

This. I like Yeezus to an extent but HipHop / Rap wise, Cole's album is better

As one of the biggest Kanye nut huggers on the planet I have to agree with this.

Every Kanye CD save for 808s, have been an instant classic in my eyes. This CD I had to listen to 3 times before I started to like it. I'm just glad there wasn't so much hype before it's release so It wasn't as big of a disappointment.

taemo
06-18-2013, 06:24 PM
I didn't even know that Kanye release MBDTF after 808 album, listening to it right now and so far liking it.

I guess yeezus is too dark for me

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
06-20-2013, 04:33 AM
Yeezus isn't even dark like everyone says, his songs don't deal with emotion like 808s and MBDTF.. It's a compilation of Kanye West's attitude and cockiness... It's almost like he tried to make bad tracks to prove to the world he can do whatever he wants and people will still eat it up.
The raps were silly and childish
The tracks are mostly over produced and layed
He brought in a lot of big names to help produce and I think he could have done it better on his own.

This studio album feels like a poor attempt at a mix tape. I am unimpressed.

That leaves song though... it's just so good. listened to it like fifty times at the gym.

Have to admit though, I am willing to bet this album will serve as a value to EDM artists as they remix and rework his songs into masterpeices.

P_D
06-20-2013, 08:30 AM
I wish Kanye would get run over by a bus

eiysa101
06-20-2013, 02:26 PM
I get a Zoolander feel from this album.

Manhattan
06-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Listened to the whole album thru about 5X now. All the different beats and arrangements took a while to sink in but I'm starting to get a good feel for the album and it's a masterpiece. Time will tell if it becomes a classic. I'm not a big Kanye fan but gotta give credit where its due. There's not a track wasted on the album. Favorite tracks are 'Bound 2', 'Blood on the Leaves', and 'New Slaves'. All the other songs just keep growing on me with each listen.

Without looking at the album credits you can hear TNGHT's 'Higher Ground' all over the 'Blood' track with the blaring horns and trap drum. Kanye likely added the 'Strange Fruit' sample on top.

7pXIhCUu584

Rest of the more aggressive or dark tracks as people have been calling them sound heavily influenced by the Death Grips with a bit more polish.

DeleriousZ
06-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Manhattan
it's a masterpiece.

http://thingist.com/user_uploads/321362382768069762.gif

Tej.S
06-20-2013, 03:34 PM
I don't know how anyone who appreciates Kanye's older albums could like Yeezus.

Shlade
06-25-2013, 02:34 AM
I'm god?

Kanye is a fucking fool

beecue
06-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Meh, I only like a couple of songs on it. It's definitely not as good as MBDTF.

flipstah
06-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Tej.S

:werd:

It's him trying to mix his style with fast tempo that's popular at the moment.

I like 'New Slaves' but the first 3 tracks are crap. I'm halfway there.

'Black Skinhead' reminds me of Marilyn Manson lol.

JordanEG6
07-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Kanye West lost his appeal after Graduation, which was okay at best. His first 2 albums were his best work. The rest is bloated crap to gas his head up.

I'll give this a listen, but just like MBDTF, I probably won't like it.

FixedGear
07-05-2013, 11:49 AM
i listened to it during a road trip last week. I thought is was overall "meh." not to mention that he is technically and lyrically one of the crappiest rappers i've ever heard. :rofl:

GenerationX
07-05-2013, 11:59 AM
TBH, MCHG murders it

slick2404
07-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Tej.S

Originally posted by beecue
Meh, I only like a couple of songs on it. It's definitely not as good as MBDTF.

Originally posted by GenerationX
TBH, MCHG murders it

slick2404
10-31-2013, 03:28 PM
Kanye cancels on Van city....again lol.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/kanye-west-postpones-vancouver-show-for-2nd-time-1.1522397

Inzane
10-31-2013, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ
Pretty sure if you looked up 'douchebag' in the dictionary, Kanye's picture would be there.

Before or after Chad Kroeger's picture?