BigShow
06-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Roof blew off?

Sugarphreak
06-18-2013, 06:45 PM

BigShow
06-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Shingles were hammered by hail and several blew off in high winds later.

Ah.

Can they leave a mark on your 'record' that other insurance companies would see, or do you start clean with another insurance provider?

2BLUE
06-18-2013, 07:27 PM
What caused your basement suite to flood?

Mibz
06-18-2013, 07:31 PM
As always, call Touchstone.

Sugarphreak
06-18-2013, 07:42 PM

Masked Bandit
06-18-2013, 07:54 PM
So the story goes that when we got our house insurance, we opted for the super awesome cover everything package. Then over the past 4 years we had a claim for flooded basement (covered), then our roof blew off 2 years later (covered), then more recently our water line to the home exploded so we called them and even though they didn't cover it and we ended up paying out of pocket they still count it as "strike three".

Anyway, when our insurance comes up for renewal they warned us we probably won't qualify for home insurance with them anymore and we should start shopping around.

Stupid thing is these are pretty common issues in Calgary, and we paid extra for the insurance in the first place. so why are they so butt hurt about it?

/Rant

I need to find a new provider fairly soon, I will probably look to switch over my auto insurance as well. I don't see the point in continuing to give them any kind of business when they are just going to black list me over things that are beyond my control.

It sounds like they're rating you for three claims when it should only be two. We should be able to help but with multiple claims, it might not be pretty.

Masked Bandit
06-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by BigShow

Ah.

Can they leave a mark on your 'record' that other insurance companies would see, or do you start clean with another insurance provider?

Yes, the claims are posted on an insurance industry database that tracks claims by person and by location (address). Failure to disclose prior claims at the time of application can void your coverage / policy.

nonofyobiz
06-18-2013, 08:16 PM
That is what fcking insurance is for! like everything else it's just a fckin scam but u need it because most ppl don't have the cash to cover the cost themselves.

It's like "sure we'll give you insurance! That'll be this much a month Sir, thank you very much.

However if we actually have to pay for anything then i'm sorry we can't cover you" :banghead:

89coupe
06-18-2013, 08:24 PM
Call Lanes Insurance, ask for Deirdre Myers.

edited by mod- removed contact info

Tell her I referred you to her.

Sugarphreak
06-18-2013, 08:46 PM

JRSC00LUDE
06-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Welcome to home insurance.

Hey, you were a victim of a few unforeseen things completely beyond your control? Those things cost us money? Money that you've been paying for with your premiums?!?

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

dj_rice
06-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Call Darren @ Touchstone Insurance. Tell them William dj_rice sent you.

gamman
06-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Get the 3rd claim off. Hope you can. University monnex discount is one of the best in the business and theyupgrade you off facilities quicker. If you copied and pasted all of what you said and get your 3rd off, i would be shocked they wouldnt help. They have been pretty reasonable to me. However two claims in a short time is bad. Have you got paid out, can you delay any, etcetc.

roopi
06-18-2013, 10:22 PM

You figure it will jack our rates up pretty high? We pay about 1300 a year for our home insurance now.

That seems pretty high. Did they up the rates after your claims or is that what you were always paying?

ercchry
06-18-2013, 10:26 PM

You figure it will jack our rates up pretty high? We pay about 1300 a year for our home insurance now.

REALLY?! i think we pay that for two homes :rofl:

cause Bill is awwwwesome :love:

sxtasy
06-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
As always, call Touchstone.

:werd: /end thread

Seriously, I hate insurance companies and I may even be a difficult client ;) But spend two minutes on the phone with Masked Bandit and you will know he IS the insurance MAN. Prompt service, professional and very knowledgable. Two thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BrknFngrs
06-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by gamman
Get the 3rd claim off. Hope you can. University monnex discount is one of the best in the business and theyupgrade you off facilities quicker. If you copied and pasted all of what you said and get your 3rd off, i would be shocked they wouldnt help. They have been pretty reasonable to me. However two claims in a short time is bad. Have you got paid out, can you delay any, etcetc.

I always thought the same thing regarding the discounts offered for university and professional groups. I had Masked Bandit run some numbers for me though and it blew TD completely out of the water (and I was on a professional group plan with them)

Sugarphreak
06-18-2013, 11:18 PM

hampstor
06-19-2013, 08:11 AM
TD MM increased my home premiums significantly for this year, even though i've never had a claim on my home policy.

That's when I decided to shop around and ended up talking to Darren at Touchstone. I saved a fair amount and honestly think the "UofC Alumni discount" is a load of shit now. More importantly I actually have a knowledgable human to talk to now rather than the gauntlet of minions who have to put me on hold to ask someone else a question (TD MM).

spikerS
06-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by hampstor
TD MM increased my home premiums significantly for this year, even though i've never had a claim on my home policy.

That's when I decided to shop around and ended up talking to Darren at Touchstone. I saved a fair amount and honestly think the "UofC Alumni discount" is a load of shit now. More importantly I actually have a knowledgable human to talk to now rather than the gauntlet of minions who have to put me on hold to ask someone else a question (TD MM).

yeah, the "discount" is not much of a discount anymore, and any other insurance company can usually come pretty close.

And it is sad that I can school the TD insurance guys on how insurance works.

89coupe
06-19-2013, 08:58 AM
What kind of plans do you guys have with TD or other? How much do you pay?

sputnik
06-19-2013, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by spikers

yeah, the "discount" is not much of a discount anymore, and any other insurance company can usually come pretty close.

And it is sad that I can school the TD insurance guys on how insurance works.

TD MM hasn't had a discount in years.

My friend (with TD MM) and I (with TD Primmum) compared policies once. We both had houses in the same area, with the same floorplan and our annual policies with the same coverage were within $2.

I think they just use the "alumni" or "professional" exclusivity to make people think they are getting a deal.

Zero102
06-19-2013, 09:30 AM
I am with TD MM, we have the $1M platinum whatever solution on our house and the house insurance is ~$650/year. We had some water come through the roof earlier in the year, I called in and talked to a girl (NOT in the claims department but just normal customer service) and after discussing it with her (and her suggesting she puts me through to claims 5-6 times) she finally disclosed that if I even mention to the claims department that this happened, despite me not going through with having them repair the damage, that it would count against me. Bloody good thing I kept refusing to be transferred to the claims department.

On the down side she also mentioned that our rates would be going up "significantly" this fall despite our clean claims record, because it is an across the board rate increase. My policy renews in September so I guess I'll see then just how bad I get bent over. So far our rates have gone up every single year we've been with them and we've never made a claim. When we first insured this house with them the policy was $428/year, now I think it's $656 (though for an exact number I'd have to check), and we've only been in this house since November 2010.

guessboi
06-19-2013, 09:41 AM
^ We won't see house insurance in the $400 range any more.
2011 is the last time I quoted in the $400 range for an average home.

TDBankCanada
06-19-2013, 09:44 AM
So the story goes that when we got our house insurance, we opted for the super awesome cover everything package. Then over the past 4 years we had a claim for flooded basement (covered), then our roof blew off 2 years later (covered), then more recently our water line to the home exploded so we called them and even though they didn't cover it and we ended up paying out of pocket they still count it as "strike three".

Anyway, when our insurance comes up for renewal they warned us we probably won't qualify for home insurance with them anymore and we should start shopping around.

Stupid thing is these are pretty common issues in Calgary, and we paid extra for the insurance in the first place. so why are they so butt hurt about it?

/Rant

I need to find a new provider fairly soon, I will probably look to switch over my auto insurance as well. I don't see the point in continuing to give them any kind of business when they are just going to black list me over things that are beyond my control.

Good morning Sugarphreak, it’s Jen from TD and I hope you don’t mind that I’ve jumped in here. We picked up your comments and we’d like to look into this further with you. To do so, we’ll need a few more details from you. Please email us at [email protected] (Attn: Social Media), we’ll pick it up and be in touch. Thanks!

Mibz
06-19-2013, 09:47 AM
That was fast

GQBalla
06-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by TDBankCanada

Good morning Sugarphreak, it’s Jen from TD and I hope you don’t mind that I’ve jumped in here. We picked up your comments and we’d like to look into this further with you. To do so, we’ll need a few more details from you. Please email us at [email protected] (Attn: Social Media), we’ll pick it up and be in touch. Thanks!

pretty fast ahah

blitz
06-19-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm with MM too. We were hit by the hailstorm a few years back and had our roof/gutters/siding replaced. First claim on house insurance ever.

After a hailstorm last summer we called insurance to inspect the roof and see if it was damaged because some of our neighbours were. They said no, but the whirly birds were dented but the damage amount was close to the deductible so we just left it. We got a check for $9 from them a few months later. Is that $9 payout going to count as a second strike?

lilmira
06-19-2013, 10:24 AM
No need to call customer service anyone, just rant here. :rofl:

thinmyster
06-19-2013, 10:29 AM
I switched all my home/auto insurance from TD MM to Touchstone. Paid slightly more for home insurance but I cut my auto by half

roopi
06-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by thinmyster
I switched all my home/auto insurance from TD MM to Touchstone. Paid slightly more for home insurance but I cut my auto by half

Going to actually look into this after this thread. I felt like I was paying a good price with TD MM over the past few years but with the regular increases every year (zero claims on home/auto) it might be time to move elsewhere.

dj_rice
06-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Just switch over from TD to Touchstone Insurance. It will be the best thing and investment you ever did. You won't regret it. When I switched my auto over from TD MM to Touchstone. I saved $650!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:nut: :nut: :eek: :love: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :angel: :D :poosie:

This will be my first year with them for home insurance.

OU812
06-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Insurance is just legalized extortion.

You have to have it (vehicles) you're an idiot if you dont (house)

When you actually need it they try to fuck you over.

Then you have to pay a deductable.

Then they jack your rates.

I love how every year they come crying to the govt. We need to raise rates. The wind!! The Hail!! The floods!! Yet there were many years that were disaster free but they seem to have spent all that surplus somewhere??

Oh and then there is the fact they are always turning a profit.

:whipped:

spikerS
06-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Yeah, well after the trailer debacle with TD insurance / Primmum Insurance I just had, I am all set to switch out. And with how Phreak here is being treated, I don't want the same issues.

Soon I will be making the switch to Touchstone insurance with Bill. SOON!

Would be nice if the government regulated house coverage the same way they do auto coverage, and having an industry standard, but because it is not compulsory to have home insurance, they won't get involved.

FraserB
06-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by OU812
Insurance is just legalized extortion.

You have to have it (vehicles) you're an idiot if you dont (house)

When you actually need it they try to fuck you over.

Then you have to pay a deductable.

Then they jack your rates.

I love how every year they come crying to the govt. We need to raise rates. The wind!! The Hail!! The floods!! Yet there were many years that were disaster free but they seem to have spent all that surplus somewhere??

Oh and then there is the fact they are always turning a profit.

:whipped:

No one forces you to get insurance. You don't have to have it at all.

Canmorite
06-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by TDBankCanada

TD Bank 'advertising' on Beyond? You know this place is getting big when...

89coupe
06-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by thinmyster

So what kind of coverage do you have and how much do you pay?

sputnik
06-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by FraserB

... as long as you don't have a mortgage.

OU812
06-19-2013, 11:55 AM

Yeah....tell that to the cops when you get pulled over.

Sugarphreak
06-19-2013, 12:16 PM

FraserB
06-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by OU812

Yeah....tell that to the cops when you get pulled over.

IF you choose to drive, no one forces you.

Sugarphreak
06-19-2013, 12:40 PM

spikerS
06-19-2013, 01:05 PM
yeah man, I am pretty fed up with TD as well.

Touchstone insurance FTW!

I know I sound bitter, but I can't wait to switch myself. Auto, home, office are all leaving TD Meloche Monnex / TD insurance / Primmum Insurance. It is my opinion, but based on my experience, they are all a scam.

Stealth22
06-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
TD Bank 'advertising' on Beyond? You know this place is getting big when...
Your avatar fit perfectly with that post. :rofl:

And I see that the ad system is working...

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4492/0pg3.jpg

FraserB
06-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22

Your avatar fit perfectly with that post. :rofl:

And I see that the ad system is working...

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4492/0pg3.jpg

Frank is a paying sponsor.

A790
06-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Call Masked Bandit/Bill with Touchstone Insurance. I'm the biggest PITA customer he has (I'm sure) and he always treats me right.

</thread>

Isaiah
06-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by A790
Call Masked Bandit/Bill with Touchstone Insurance. I'm the biggest PITA customer he has (I'm sure) and he always treats me right.

&lt;/thread&gt;
Based on an earlier post from someone else I thought his name was Darren so that's what I called him in my quote request. Hope there isn't a misnomer surcharge.

Stealth22
06-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Frank is a paying sponsor.
I know. I just found it funny how his ad showed up in a TD-bashing thread. :rofl:

No fault of the script of course, its just trained to look for the word "TD".

AndyL
06-19-2013, 01:42 PM

&lt;/thread&gt;

:rofl:

No I'm the biggest PITA... TRUST ME :)

A790
06-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by AndyL

:rofl:

No I'm the biggest PITA... TRUST ME :)
HA! I stand corrected ;)

canadian_hustla
06-19-2013, 01:57 PM
:werd:

I am also considering changing my insurance from MM to a different provider, possibly Touchstone. 2 claims in 5 years (pipe burst ($3k), hail damage($3k), and with the pipe burst claim it took over 4-5 months to get my ceiling drywalled because the preferred trade was too "busy".... and now I find myself with a premium that has doubled and (now @ 1125/yr)

Oh and if they lose my house insurance, there is a high chance they will lose my car insurance, my wife's car insurance and my travel insurance.

89coupe
06-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Before making any quick decisions give Deirdre Myers at Lane's Insurance a call.

blitz
06-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Call Lanes Insurance, ask for Deirdre Myers.

Tell her I referred you to her.

Before making any quick decisions give Deirdre Myers at Lane's Insurance a call.

Do you mind telling us your relationship with this person?

dj_rice
06-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

Based on an earlier post from someone else I thought his name was Darren so that's what I called him in my quote request. Hope there isn't a misnomer surcharge.

Bill is the pimp. Darren is his hoe. :bigpimp: j/kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Darren is one of Bill's minions. Great guy to deal with as well. Either or, both provide top notch service. No, I am not getting paid by them to pimp them out or praise. I wish. No referral either. :love:

AndyL
06-19-2013, 02:27 PM

HA! I stand corrected ;)
You've dealt with me - you should know :rofl:

89coupe
06-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by blitz

Do you mind telling us your relationship with this person?

A friend.

06-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Here is another +1 for Bill @ Touchstone.

I switched everything I had over to touchstone last year he saved me almost $400/year compared to TD MM and I apparently had the alumni discount with TD

89coupe
06-19-2013, 02:45 PM
No one is actually saying how much they are paying? Or what your plan covers?

Nobody wants to share?

It would be interesting to see the difference in costs from company to company.

JRSC00LUDE
06-19-2013, 02:49 PM

Nobody wants to share?

Give Bill at Touchstone a call and see how he compares to what you have in terms of pricing and coverage. Who cares about other peoples situations as they aren't apples to apples with yours anyways.

89coupe
06-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Give Bill at Touchstone a call and see how he compares to what you have in terms of pricing and coverage. Who cares about other peoples situations as they aren't apples to apples with yours anyways.

I'm more curious to see what each individual is paying and what their coverage is.

Kind of like comparing what each person paid for the same airline ticket.

Masked Bandit
06-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Bill is the pimp. Darren is his hoe. :bigpimp: j/kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Holy $&!% that was funny!

JRSC00LUDE
06-19-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm more curious to see what each individual is paying and what their coverage is.

I was just thinking that with differenct neighbourhoods/claims history/etc. that it wouldn't really be like comparing airline tickets, that was all. :)

Masked Bandit
06-19-2013, 03:32 PM

The chances of two people accurately comparing insurance (auto or property) on the interwebz is pretty much zip. Depending on the type of policy there can be anywhere between 40 & 75 variables to create a premium. Hell, half the people working in this business can't even do it accurately!

89coupe
06-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

I was just thinking that with differenct neighbourhoods/claims history/etc. that it wouldn't really be like comparing airline tickets, that was all. :)

Why not?

Example:

Person A: $1million in home coverage $1000/year/Touchstone

Person B: $1million in home coverage $600/year/Lanes Insurance

Same coverage different companies.

Obviously there are a million variables that could affect the outcome, but at least it would be interesting to compare the coverage and cost for each company.

dj_rice
06-19-2013, 03:52 PM

Why not?

Example:

Person A: $1million in home coverage $600/year/Touchstone

Person B: $1million in home coverage $1000/year/Lanes Insurance

Same coverage different companies.

Obviously there are a million variables that could affect the outcome, but at least it would be interesting to compare the coverage and cost for each company.

Fixed......I like your clever promoting skills. Get your friend to become a paid sponsor

Mibz
06-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Obviously there are a million variables that could affect the outcome, but at least it would be interesting to compare the coverage and cost for each company. Are you seriously getting so sensitive over people recommending an insurance broker you don't use that you're trying to figure out how on God's green Earth people could be so foolish as to not make the same decision as you by attempting to make inaccurate and useless comparisons?

Cause that's what it's coming off as.

guessboi
06-19-2013, 04:12 PM

Nobody wants to share?

Absolutely no point asking people how much they are paying. Every one will be different. Way too many variables.

89coupe
06-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Are you seriously getting so sensitive over people recommending an insurance broker you don't use that you're trying to figure out how on God's green Earth people could be so foolish as to not make the same decision as you by attempting to make inaccurate and useless comparisons?

Cause that's what it's coming off as.

No, lol.

I use TD group insurance through my company.

My friend is an insurance broker, she finds whatever insurance company best suits the individuals needs.

I was just curious to see what people pay for insurance?

I have a $2million Platinum plan through TD, I pay $840/year

I have no idea if that is good or not, I'm too lazy to shop around.

I can't recommend the plan I have as it's through my company.

**mod edited**

roopi
06-19-2013, 07:28 PM

Nobody wants to share?

TD MM - Million Dollar Solution, $687.96/yr

autosm
06-19-2013, 10:19 PM
500 plus million dollars paid out in claims in Alberta last year. I think everyone's insurance is going up. Ours is going up $400 per year as per our TD primmum renewal. I will be shopping around.

guessboi
06-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by roopi

TD MM - Million Dollar Solution, $687.96/yr

What about your sub-limits for water damage? Probably limited coverage 30,000 or 50,000 by TD? :thumbsdow

thinmyster
06-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Auto - Comp, full business, 2 mill liability, 2 tickets, I went from over 2200 to under 1100 and I had been with TD/Primmum for over 10 yrs.
Home - Hard to say because my policy changed after some suggestions from touchstone but I went from 700 to 900 roughly

roopi
06-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by guessboi

What about your sub-limits for water damage? Probably limited coverage 30,000 or 50,000 by TD? :thumbsdow

Don't know the details off hand. Would have to check the policy tonight. This is with my deductible at $1000 as well. I don't see myself calling in a claim unless it is something major so I went with the highest deductible.

cloud7
06-20-2013, 03:49 PM
After reading this thread, I should seriously consider looking at my alternatives... I have been with TD MM for a long time for both home and auto insurance. Just like my clients always ask different consultants for quotes, I should do the same with my insurance coverage... just to keep them honest.

I too noticed the significant increase in home insurance premium this year, but I guess that's just the norm.

whodiman
06-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Good to see it isn't just mine. Earlier this year my home insurance suddenly shot up from $500/year to $600. I phoned to ask why and they just said because that's the market rate. My vehicle insurance also went up (not as much) and no claims there either. We ended up buying another rental property and then moved ALL of our insurance away from TD. Good riddance.

Sugarphreak
06-20-2013, 08:36 PM

Khyron
06-24-2013, 02:35 PM
1040/year for a ~450K house, 1 hail claim at our previous house. On a group plan with the wife's work - I will have to check around as I thought my rate was pretty low.

Amysicle
06-28-2013, 06:42 AM

Nobody wants to share?

It would be interesting to see the difference in costs from company to company. I currently have Bill at Touchstone as my broker and he's been great! Just received my renewal documents and remembered this thread. Home insurance is $889/year which is actually cheaper than a certain previous place valued significantly less for similar coverage a few years back. Pretty darn good in my books. Saved us $1,200+ in auto insurance when we first signed up with him.

But just to compare apples to apples or "airline tickets" for the same date and destination, I will be contacting Deirdre Myers as recommended by Brad just to see if there will be much of a difference.

Chances are they'll both be within a couple hundred dollars of each other. I would still stick with Bill because he's been very responsive and honest with our questions and that alone would be worth more than saving a few bucks every month. Bonus if I get to do both. :D

sputnik
06-28-2013, 07:41 AM
So what kind of coverage do you have and how much do you pay?

Took a look at my TD Primmum policy the other night.

$659/year ($1000 deductible)

- All perils
- Replacement value coverage
- Sewer backup (up to $50,000)
- Coverage for roof for ice damming
- $300,000 rebuild value
- $1,000,000 general coverage
- $1,000,000 personal liability

It is the "Silver Advantage" plan because my house was built in 1956 and still has some original plumbing. Don't really lose anything in the coverage though.

guessboi
06-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

- All perils
- $300,000 rebuild value

It is the &quot;Silver Advantage&quot; plan because my house was built in 1956 and still has some original plumbing. Don't really lose anything in the coverage though.

50,000 won't get you very far for a serious sewer backup claim.
Make sure you have "Guaranteed" Replacement Cost for the house.

KISS_ME
06-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

- All perils
- $300,000 rebuild value

It is the &quot;Silver Advantage&quot; plan because my house was built in 1956 and still has some original plumbing. Don't really lose anything in the coverage though.

You might want to double check if your actually covered for ALL PERILS, i just got td insurance yesterdays for my place and i asked specifically what the difference between silver and gold package was. gold and above covers all perils, silver and below covers select perils.

Anyhow, my quote yesterday from TD

-All perils (gold package)
-replacement value at 360k
-couldn't buy sewer back up yesterday cause of the flood, gotta call back
-2 mil liability
-1k deductable
-$689/year

Sugarphreak
06-29-2013, 12:37 AM

jdmXSI
06-29-2013, 07:23 AM
^^ hmmm 35% you say? I wonder how much am I being over charged now? I think ill call him too.

adam c
06-29-2013, 08:59 AM

Nobody wants to share?

I think I pay around 230/month for full coverage on 2 cars and home insurance with a 50k payout
Bill can confirm if be wants to

bignerd
06-29-2013, 01:07 PM
It is definitely worth calling around to check, we had been with Allstate forever and I checked with an insurance broker we knew, switched everything over (car and home) to ING and saved $1100 per year for the equivalent coverage.

btimbit
07-02-2013, 01:40 AM
All the TD hate got me curious, so I started getting a few quotes. Got an online quote from Lundgren & Young that's $200/month cheaper than my current auto insurance, just for my '07 F-150. Much lower deductibles as well.
Did an online quote w/ Touchstone (Masked Bandit) late last week and got an email back from Darren, I'll be calling them tomorrow or Wednesday to finish the quote.

Mixalot27
07-02-2013, 06:46 AM
^Just make sure that Lundgren &Young actually give you the price that they quoted you. My experience with them was that they quoted me one price and then charged me an amount nearly 30% higher. And they didn't even have the courtesy to tell me ahead of time the price would be higher. The way I found out was I noticed the higher amount come out of my bank account. When I called them they blamed it on a computer error with their estimate system. I then decided to cancel since I had received other lower estimates and had never even heard or agreed to the price they were now charging me. They actually had the nerve to try to charge me a penalty for breaking the contract and I had to argue to get it waived. Needless to say I will never deal with them again.

whiskas
07-02-2013, 02:06 PM
I used to be with MM for both home and auto. Shopped around for insurance last year and I ended up finding quotes that were way cheaper. I save about $600/yr now with my home and auto policies elsewhere.

Masked Bandit
07-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by adam c

I think I pay around 230/month for full coverage on 2 cars and home insurance with a 50k payout
Bill can confirm if be wants to

$215 per month for $58,300 comprehensive condo policy & the two vehicles.

adam c
07-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

$215 per month for $58,300 comprehensive condo policy &amp; the two vehicles.

And there you go, thanks Bill

89coupe
07-02-2013, 07:35 PM
I pay $210/mth for two vehicles (full coverage) and a $2mill Platinum policy for my house. TD insurance.

Strider
07-03-2013, 09:28 AM
$180/month for full coverage (+ grand touring solution, 5 year replacement cost, etc) on 2 vehicles and silver coverage for the house.

TD Meloche Monnex (APEGA member)

Disoblige
07-09-2013, 05:38 PM
To be honest, TD Meloche Monnex sucks for insurance. That APEGA "discount" is crap too. I hear more bad stories about them than good.

I don't like an insurance company that only does good after they realize they fucked you over.

Similar to the flood, they only decided to change their mind about coverage after they realized other insurance companies were covering their customers and they were receiving terrible public press.

guessboi
07-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
To be honest, TD Meloche Monnex sucks for insurance. That APEGA &quot;discount&quot; is crap too. I hear more bad stories about them than good.

I don't like an insurance company that only does good after they realize they fucked you over.

Similar to the flood, they only decided to change their mind about coverage after they realized other insurance companies were covering their customers and they were receiving terrible public press.

From what I know so far...
AMA, RBC and TD - Sewer backup as a result of Flood is not covered.

TD did change their mind for this particular situation to look good for the press today, but what most people don't know is TD only provides limited coverage for standard sewer backup coverage - usually only 10,000, 30,000 or 50,000 coverage. (which is not much at all compared to full policy limit provided by other insurance companies - this means if your house is insured for 400,000, sewer backup coverage is 400,000) This is also how TD sucker most people thinking they are getting a heck of a deal. Any thing below Gold package is terrible coverage offered by TD.

Way to go Intact and Wawanesa - shame on you TD as per CTV clip.
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/insurance-company-reverses-decision-on-flood-claims-1.1359484

Strider
07-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige
To be honest, TD Meloche Monnex sucks for insurance. That APEGA &quot;discount&quot; is crap too. I hear more bad stories about them than good.

Everyone keeps saying that TDMM sucks, and the discounts aren't really discounts, but I have yet to see anyone post a better rate..?

I can somewhat agree... but how many homes were actually flooded due to sewer backup? From what I've seen on the news, it's mostly self entitled people who feel that insurance should cover their overland flooded homes because "it's the right thing to do", regardless of the fact that no insurance company covers that.

Now, they're yielding to the public pressure and everyone's premium goes up to cover the cost.

schocker
07-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Strider
Everyone keeps saying that TDMM sucks, and the discounts aren't really discounts, but I have yet to see anyone post a better rate..?

I had my G35 with them, was full coverage $500/$1000 I believe it was about $115/month, then switched to a 2001 S40 with just $500 comprehensive, and they wanted like $105. This was on the ASET group rate. I switched to touchstone and pay about $65/month now. My house is still cheapest there though it went up from $375 to $500 this year.