PDA

View Full Version : Old engine disposal

FraserB
06-19-2013, 09:58 PM
I have a shot engine sitting in my garage, does anyone know where I can get rid of this?

I assume the dump will not take it.

Graham_A_M
06-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Blackfoot metals will pay you for it, scrap metal value (goes by weight).

http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/si/1/Scrap+Metals/Calgary+AB

^ Everytime I come back from the farm, I load up the box with shit loads of scrap engines (etc etc etc), and it almost pays for my gas all the way home, not bad for 630km's. :dunno:

FraserB
06-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Sweet. I assume they have a grapple or something to get it out? I have an engine hoist to load it so I guess I could just leave the chain on it if it makes it easier.

M.alex
06-20-2013, 01:09 AM
Too much work. Just put it outside next to your bluebin and see if the City will take it.

Unknown303
06-20-2013, 01:30 AM
If only you lived in the NE. A friend of mine left a busted engine block in his back alley and it was gone after one night.

sidewaysD
06-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303
If only you lived in the NE. A friend of mine left a busted engine block in his back alley and it was gone after one night.

Was it a SR20?
I hear they pull a premiuem on race warz.

Graham_A_M
06-20-2013, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
Sweet. I assume they have a grapple or something to get it out? I have an engine hoist to load it so I guess I could just leave the chain on it if it makes it easier. they have staff there to give you hand, but yeah they have grapples and magnetic pick ups if need be.

reeskm
06-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Just a thought: call the kidney foundation or a wrecking yard?

Graham_A_M
06-20-2013, 10:09 PM
^ Kidney foundation wont even bother. They take beaters and sell them to wrecking yards such as PnP for $100-150. They wont waste a second on an engine. Neither will wrecking yards since they have no realistic way of seeing if it runs before selling to a customer.

The wrecking yards may take it as a donation since its most likely just scrap metal, but thats about it. At least scrap metal yards will pay you for it based on weight value.