PDA

View Full Version : Gunk Jumbo Puncture Seal

Billy2K
06-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Has anybody tried this stuff before?

Gunk Jumbo Puncture Seal (http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/AutoRepairAccessories/SpecialtyRepair/PRDOVR~0380017P/Gunk+Jumbo+Puncture+Seal.jsp?locale=en)

A friend of mine has a slow leaking tire. We haven't found any nails or obvious punctures on the tire.

Could it be a leaky valve or rim?

And would this stuff plug up the valve?

roll_over
06-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Soap water should help you find a leak, valve stem might be loose

M.alex
06-20-2013, 01:08 AM
I sure as heck wouldn't put shit into my tire. I'd take it to a tire shop and get it fixed properly.

boarderfatty
06-20-2013, 09:52 AM
I wouldnt. that can is going to cost you $15, a flat repair will cost between 20 and 35 if done properly. Where having a proper patch and plug installed from the inside of the tire is pretty well a guaranteed permanent fix (not a shitty asphalt push through plug) that stuff is not, it rarely works. And depending on the puncture which sealer you use, how long it has been in there etc. It might screw up your tire enough inside that you can't repair it properly. The substance will contaminate the lining of the tire making it near impossible to get a patch to properly adhere to lining.

sidewaysD
06-20-2013, 11:00 AM
That stuff is shit.

That tire repair will cost you headaches. The tire will be unblance as theres fluid that drys up. Since its a temp fix you will have to get it plugged and patched anway. Prepare to pay extra for the techs to clean up the inside tire.

Stuff is garbage

Billy2K
06-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Thanks guys. That just saved me $15. We'll try spotting the leak with soapy water.

THE GOVERNATOR
06-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Billy2K
Thanks guys. That just saved me $15. We'll try spotting the leak with soapy water.

buy your own push plug kit. the kind you push from the outside in. that is a way better temp fix. plus if you have TPMS system, brands vary but that tire man in a can goop can wreck the sensor.

ExtraSlow
06-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Kal tire will fix leaks for free at most locations.

amear
06-21-2013, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
+1 they fixed my tire for free when it got un-beaded from being flat. I thought it was a screw or staple in the tire lol

M.alex
06-21-2013, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Really? That's good information to know :thumbsup: