PDA

View Full Version : 6 car speakers, only 4 x decks.. What to do?

SAiamNE
02-21-2004, 03:00 PM
I own an RX-7 right now and came with a pretty basic $50 deck.
It has a stock 6 speaker stereo.
2 under the dash, 2 in the doors, and 2 in the rear.
As of now only the 2 under the dash, and rear are playing. I would like to hook up the ones in the doors except i am not sure what to do.
Is there such thing as a 6x deck? Like i know there are many 4 x40, 5x50 watt decks but never any 6x50 decks.

Whats the best thing i can do?

Is it possably to wire the speakers under the dash and ones in the doors togeather to get all 6 going again?
I'm don't know much about stereos but any help would be awesome.
Later down the road i would like to buy a nice deck and an amp and all the goodies. So wouldn't mind doing it in stages.

Thanks

Weapon_R
02-21-2004, 03:56 PM
you COULD splice 2 of the channels to go into 4 speakers, and 2 other channels to go into the remaining two speakers, but you'd be so much better off buying an external amp with 4 or 6 channels to do this.

SAiamNE
02-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Just for now i think i might splice the 2 wires togeather..
Then if a few weeks pick up an amp..

Thanks

nine8civicSi
02-21-2004, 05:10 PM
is this how tweets work too? cuz i have them and when i put new speaks in there was 2 sets of wires comming to them ?

SAiamNE
02-21-2004, 05:19 PM
I have no idea. I would have to go outside and look.
I'm just gonna look around for my stock deck for now. Hopefully i can find one with a CD player.

hjr
02-21-2004, 07:04 PM
run the 4 front speakers in parallel. the 2 right to the front right channel and the 2 left on the left channel

SAiamNE
02-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Ok Thanks!

Weapon_R
02-22-2004, 05:31 AM
Either way you risk overloading your channels if you do it like that. You might get away with feeding off a channel with a tweet, but a speaker can be a little riskier.

Zero102
02-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Hrm, if you run each set of front speakers in paralell, you will cut the impedance in half. Most decks will handle a 4 ohm load, but do not take it any lower than that.
If they are factory speakers, then they are probaby 8 ohms each, so if you run them in paralell, you are probably alright. However without knowing everything about the deck and the speakers, I can't say that for sure.
But, if your deck will take it, then your best bet is to run the front sets in paralell.

Souzen
02-27-2004, 09:40 AM
You need crossovers for tweeters, right? o_o;

But yeah, good luck with the speakers and deck search o_o;

Moe Man
02-27-2004, 06:03 PM
i have the same problem but i have 8 speakers and only 7 work cuz there is not enough wires

SAiamNE
02-28-2004, 05:16 PM
Ok guys..
I pulled out the deck and there are like a million wires.
I was kinda thinking there would just be like 4 stereo wires.
Can anyone help me out on what to do? I didn't see any stereo wires. All wires with about 30 different colors

nine8civicSi
02-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by SAiamNE
Ok guys..
I pulled out the deck and there are like a million wires.
I was kinda thinking there would just be like 4 stereo wires.
Can anyone help me out on what to do? I didn't see any stereo wires. All wires with about 30 different colors

try www.installdr.com

i know the colors for hondas but your ca will be different

ull have:
power 12v - red
constand power - yellow
ground - black
rem - blue
pwr ant - diff blue
then u have 2 for every speaker....

cant think of anythign else, check that site though!