PDA

View Full Version : BB.com & Customs changes

2Legit2Quit
06-21-2013, 10:08 AM
So I get an email from bb.com about musclepharm deals, great, I use Assault for pre-workout and buy when they do the buy 2, get 1 tub free. This is the deal for this product

*add to cart*

And then I get this error:

ERROR
Due to customs restrictions your order may not contain more than 90 days supply of any individual product. Please adjust the quantity of the following products in your cart to ensure that your order does not exceed this limit (total day's supply shown in parentheses): MusclePharm Assault (96).

......real? Tried adding some vitamins and omega 3, over 90 capsules of each and yep can't order it either.

This sucks :banghead: Been a customer of that site for over 5 years and now I'm probably going to switch to a Canadian site I guess, super lame FYI

Tej.S
06-21-2013, 10:09 AM
BB.com is shit lol. There's a handful of better sites.

schocker
06-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Tej.S
BB.com is shit lol. There's a handful of better sites. DONT SAY THAT I LOVE USING THEM!
I have also used it for years, but they had to crack down because a few months ago a big shipment of supplements got confiscated because of the 90 day supply/serving rule which is to stop re-sellers in Canada on natural health products. I believe this was in April? As I had a big order in March that got through fine :D

If there are canadian sites that are better in price than local that would be great. I thought BB was potentially looking at making a canadian warehouse though to allow for easier distriubution.

2Legit2Quit
06-21-2013, 10:17 AM
For getting a $30 pre-workout for free, and always getting 10% off my orders, I'm yet to find a cheaper retailer :dunno: plus I get so many free pairs of socks from them :cry:

schocker
06-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by 2Legit2Quit
For getting a $30 pre-workout for free, and always getting 10% off my orders, I'm yet to find a cheaper retailer :dunno: plus I get so many free pairs of socks from them :cry:
:werd:
Pills are always on those buy whatever get one free also wich now you can't get the free one though because too many servings :rofl:
I have water bottles, shaker bottles and a shirt and a gym bag!

austic
06-21-2013, 10:49 AM
I hate that 90 day rule, always screws the free add ons

genesis0403
06-21-2013, 01:26 PM
seriously just buy from svncanada.com.... price is good, its fast (3 business days) and plus aside from the good price for a retailer within Canada, they also have the point system which you can deduct dollars off your purchase

2Legit2Quit
06-21-2013, 01:31 PM
^ $18 more for Assault per tub, $40 more per 10lb of ON protein off svncanada. BB prices too good

zipdoa
06-21-2013, 02:24 PM
http://apsupplements.com/

guy is local in Calgary. 44pack of AnimalPak is $35.99. he's usually got the best prices on supps

EK69
06-21-2013, 02:27 PM
i was just gonna say everyone hating on bb.com post up some canadian alternatives that have good prices

thx to those who have :D

schocker
06-21-2013, 02:48 PM
svn is usually at least 33% more. Orange Triad is $40 for example vs $30 at bb

duaner
06-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Of course one has to consider shipping costs. I usually go to fitshop.ca since there is free shipping over $69. Once in a while they'll have 15% or 20% off entire purchase too.

BB.com has good prices and lots of good deals but the cost of shipping and time spent waiting gets a bit annoying.

schocker
06-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by duaner
Of course one has to consider shipping costs. I usually go to fitshop.ca since there is free shipping over $69. Once in a while they'll have 15% or 20% off entire purchase too.

BB.com has good prices and lots of good deals but the cost of shipping and time spent waiting gets a bit annoying.
BB takes only like a week and there are always 10% off coupons which cover most of the shipping though. Sometimes free shipping also.

GQBalla
06-21-2013, 03:34 PM
not sure why everyone is hating on BB.com

i find their priced best even after shipping.

i guess if you can't wait the 3-5 business days...

rvd
06-21-2013, 03:45 PM
Do any of you still use truenutrition.com ?

Tej.S
06-21-2013, 04:26 PM
The only redeeming feature about BB.com is that they have more BOGO sales than anyone else. Every time I've ordered from them, it takes usually two weeks to arrive. I found another US company that has a warehouse in Ontario. The prices are pretty much the same as BB.com but they have faster & cheaper shipping. They have a wide variety of products, however, it's not as much as BB.com. SVN is shit too. Their prices are a lot higher but their shipping is fast AF.

schocker
06-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Tej.S
The only redeeming feature about BB.com is that they have more BOGO sales than anyone else. Every time I've ordered from them, it takes usually two weeks to arrive. I found another US company that has a warehouse in Ontario. The prices are pretty much the same as BB.com but they have faster & cheaper shipping. They have a wide variety of products, however, it's not as much as BB.com. SVN is shit too. Their prices are a lot higher but their shipping is fast AF.
How about a link? :rofl:

EK69
06-21-2013, 04:43 PM
http://www.fitnessone.com/ is another I found
But not sure if they ship from USA or not..

duaner
06-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
not sure why everyone is hating on BB.com

i find their priced best even after shipping.

i guess if you can't wait the 3-5 business days...
Prices are usually the best, no doubt, although occasionally I have found cheaper prices on an item here or there, but the last time I ordered it was two weeks. And I am not a patient person.

Not a big deal though. I just shop around for the best price and usually that means BB.com or fitshop.ca.

Tej.S
06-21-2013, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by schocker

How about a link? :rofl:

Haha oops, I thought I mentioned that.

\/

Originally posted by EK69
http://www.fitnessone.com/ is another I found
But not sure if they ship from USA or not..

They ship from Ontario.

muffzz
06-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Use the discount coupon codes..they're unlimited. I have a bunch that I've been using for the past couple months and I get between 5-10 bucks off. Msg me if you want some codes

lellowrx7
06-22-2013, 01:07 AM
surprised no one has said it yet but,
http://www.supplementscanada.com
smaller selection and not the best price but ships from edmonton quick.
ive ordered at 2 pm and recieved it the next morning at 10am

Mogg
06-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Anyone tried nationalprotein.ca ? Prices seem competive to Bb.com.. Not sure about shipping though

duaner
06-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Just a heads up that currently at svncanada there is 20% off until July 5th and 10% off at fitshop.ca (applies to sale items and BOGO) and vitamart.ca until the 2nd. Fitshop has 5lbs Allmax Casein on sale for $64.99 and it might be another 10% off, which would be smokin' deal.

svncanada has the better price on Assault right now but for free shipping it's $99 where fitshop is $69.

nationalprotein.ca has Assault for $35.89 on sale.