PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all emergncy staff this weekend

alloroc
06-21-2013, 11:17 AM
I know there is a thread about this weekend's crisis however I want to send a separate shout out and thank you to all Emergency staff this weekend in particular those on beyond we so love to taunt in less dire times.

So to Phil and the boys thanks for putting in the extra time and keeping us safe this weekend. Not even a reported flood related injury to date.

Well done.

Hallowed_point
06-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Class acts out there..two thumbs up from me to EMS..CPS..City of Calgary...Fire Dept...and of course the volunteers :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Makes me proud to be a Calgarian.

supe
06-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Yeah in the other thread there are some pretty touching and sad comments but Calgary as a community will get through this. Material things can and will be replaced. If we all help out in anyway we can we'll all get through this.

Very impressed with the amount of organization so far.

phil98z24
06-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Thanks everyone, we are all happy we can be of service in this incredibly difficult time for Calgarians, and on behalf of my colleagues I thank you for the kind words. It's been nothing short of amazing watching members of EVERY emergency service tirelessly working together on 24-32 hour long shifts to get this handled.

From those of us who work the downtown district and serve every community either evacuated/underwater as part of our regular duties, and have watched an incredible crisis unfold within mere hours, big props to the people of this city for doing what they can and helping emergency services to do our jobs and help all of you out. All things being relative, this could not have gone as well as it did without that cooperation.

We have an amazing team working in CEMA, and we should all count ourselves as fortunate for having very competent management in CPS/CFD/AHS/Bylaw/City of Calgary, you name it. They handled a rapidly unfolding crisis with great care and foresight. :thumbsup:

I'm proud to be a Calgarian and serving Calgarians right now! :clap:

ZEDGE
06-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Well said. Thanks to everyone helping out.

Graham_A_M
06-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Yeah man, huge thanks to all the CPS and related services. Good to see even the EPS is in town to help.

Frick I wish I was in town myself to help with the volunteer efforts, but Im so far away.:(

ExtraSlow
06-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Big thanks to all the City staff who have been called in to assist, they have a lot of people working behind the scenes to keep things going for the front-line responders.

Darkane
06-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Great work to everyone. Being stuck in mcmurray while people I care about being evacuated is hard.

Wednesday ill be back see if I can volunteer anywhere

Stealth22
06-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Thread is two days old, but I had to throw my two cents in.

Hats off to the City of Calgary and every other agency (CEMA, AHS, EPS, EFD, Canadian Forces, etc..too many to name) involved during this crisis. But most importantly, a special shout-out should go to the men and women of the Calgary Police Service, Calgary Fire Department, and Calgary EMS.

These guys go through a lot of shit on a day-to-day basis, and especially in the case of CPS/EPS members, they are often the target of ridicule and complaining from ordinary citizens. We'll curse when we see their flashing lights in our rearview mirrors, or hiding behind a tree with a LIDAR gun. But they're always there whenever we need them most, and they will lay their lives on the line for the rest of us without any hesitation. This year's flood is no exception.

Two thumbs up for every emergency services worker out there! :thumbsup:

Kloubek
06-24-2013, 01:41 PM
I totally agree 100% - class acts all the way.

But let's not forget about the outpouring of volunteers as well. Their own services are going to go a long way in the cleanup efforts.

Twenty
06-24-2013, 03:53 PM
It's amazing to see how this pulled the city together and everyone is showing so much support and giving so much assistance.

civic_stylez
06-24-2013, 06:36 PM
I have never been so proud to be a Calgarian. Many cities go to hell when disasters hit and have violence and looting everywhere. The people of Calgary all came together and its so awesome to see. People offering places to stay and volunteering their time to help out just shows how awesome this city is. Big props to all the first responders, city workers and the awesome citizens. Great work everyone!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :goflames: