PDA

View Full Version : My vehicle is flooded!

2BLUE
06-21-2013, 12:19 PM
One of my vehicles is under water from this flooding.

I have 3rd party liability and Comprehensive on this vehicle

No collision or upset

Am I covered from water damage???

G-ZUS
06-21-2013, 12:25 PM
What is upset coverage? Should be covered under comprehensive?

2BLUE
06-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
What is upset coverage? Should be covered under comprehensive?

It clearly states on my insurance , No Collision No Upset.

What is the difference between Collision or Upset Coverage and Comprehensive Coverage?

A: Collision or Upset Coverage protects your vehicle if it is damaged in an accident resulting from an impact with another vehicle, object, the surface of the ground or upset. Comprehensive Coverage protects against loss or damage other than that caused by an accident. Falling or flying objects and vandalism are examples of what could be covered by Comprehensive Coverage.

Upset sounds like it could be water as its from the ground?

toastgremlin
06-21-2013, 08:39 PM
I think Upset is just another name for Collision insurance. Comprehensive covers floods as far as I know, but maybe it's an "act of God?"

Call your insurance, get the process started now.

JAYMEZ
06-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Yah get it started now . And look for comparable models .. My last Mercedes got destroyed from water , and it was a hassle ! They will want someone to come look at it and check out the damage for themselves.

pheoxs
06-22-2013, 12:21 AM
This is probably a terrible time to ask this but ... what do insurance companies do with all these cars if they are write-offs?

spacerz
06-22-2013, 12:24 AM
Insurance write-off --> auction --> buyer either uses it as a parts car or ships it over seas (where they don't seem to care about vehicle history).

JAYMEZ
06-22-2013, 12:40 AM
Water damaged ones get crushed.

Boosted131
06-22-2013, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by pheoxs
This is probably a terrible time to ask this but ... what do insurance companies do with all these cars if they are write-offs? Send them off to auto maxx

Maxx Mazda
06-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Boosted131
Send them off to auto maxx

Beat me to it! :thumbsup:

toastgremlin
06-22-2013, 09:42 AM
AB luckily has the non-repairable branded title so it's less likely that J. Random Shadetree will buy them from the insurance auctions, run a shopvac over the interior and then get the thing titled as a rebuilt.

Of course there have been a lot of arrests for VIN washing lately...

sidewaysD
06-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Boosted131
Send them off to auto maxx

:clap:

Masked Bandit
06-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by 2BLUE

It clearly states on my insurance , No Collision No Upset.

What is the difference between Collision or Upset Coverage and Comprehensive Coverage?

A: Collision or Upset Coverage protects your vehicle if it is damaged in an accident resulting from an impact with another vehicle, object, the surface of the ground or upset. Comprehensive Coverage protects against loss or damage other than that caused by an accident. Falling or flying objects and vandalism are examples of what could be covered by Comprehensive Coverage.

Upset sounds like it could be water as its from the ground?

Collision & Upset = hitting something else with your car or rolling it. Comprehensive is pretty much anything else that can hurt your car (theft, hail, vandalism, flood, etc.). You'll be fine.

reijo
06-25-2013, 11:42 AM
If flooded .... = write-off.

R

spikerS
06-25-2013, 12:29 PM
Man, I am looking for a set of Tow mirrors for a F-150. if anyone knows someone with a set, let me know. I will toss them some cash and my stock set to put on their truck

Considesigns
06-26-2013, 09:21 AM
I hear you. My insurance adjuster just finished going through my vehicle.
A total loss for my Volkswagen Phaeton W12.
Some of you may remember me from the car meets.