PDA

View Full Version : Need help.... bad experience with South Deerfoot Suzuki

Toobinoo
06-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Let's first share our recent bad experience with SDS.... We bought a brand new SX4. When we picked up the car and noticed scratches on the outside and inside of the car. We wouldn't be too picky if it was a used car, but it's advertised as brand new. During the painful process of having the scratches fixed, more scratches were caused by the staff and we were there seeing it happened. The technician concluded that those new scratches are surface scratch and can be removed by couple minutes of buffing. This is when the owner (David Baker) and his son (we believe) came out and started yelling at us and expelled us from his property. David Baker said, "The key is inside. We won't do anymore work on this car. Take the car away. We won't do warranty work for you. I don't want to see you again on my property. If you want warranty work, go to Edmonton. Don't come back. Get out of here and get out of my life." with the angry look on his face and threatening tone.

We were really shocked from a person in his status (ie. being the owner) with such attitude towards his customers. After the incident, we did more research and found lots of negative comments about SDS. One of them was similar to ours. At least, he didn't swear to us like he did to the other guy who wrote his comment. We did the research on the vehicle, but not the dealership. Big mistake we must say and it's a big lessons learned.

We are now reluctant to go there for any maintenance and warranty work because we lost trust in the dealership. In another note, as part of the sales agreement, we will have free lifetime oil change, now he doesn't allow us back onto his property?! This casts doubts on how he is going to honor his written sales agreement.

Since SDS is the only dealership in Calgary, we are not sure where to go for maintenance work in town to maintain the warranty on the car. We want to see if there are people in a similar situation and if they are still going back to SDS or to other shops for their maintenance and warranty works. Any feedback is appreciatd.

All in all, the experience was the worst one ever and we now lost trust with SDS, especially after having done more research on SDS.

Like to hear your experience with SDS and any suggestions are welcome.

SJW
06-24-2013, 10:04 PM
My best advice would be to go and fire bomb SDS.

Sugarphreak
06-24-2013, 10:08 PM

Shlade
06-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by SJW
My best advice would be to go and fire bomb SDS.

I approve of this. Listen to two complete strangers on the Internet you don't know.

euro_racer
06-25-2013, 12:03 AM
You said you did your research but bought a Suzuki, a car company that is going out of business?

Over all it sounds like you are stuck in a shitty situation. Not surprised by your experience at south deerfoot suzuki though.

GTS4tw
06-25-2013, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by euro_racer
You said you did your research but bought a Suzuki, a car company that is going out of business?

Over all it sounds like you are stuck in a shitty situation. Not surprised by your experience at south deerfoot suzuki though.

This. Sounds like there won't be much of a warranty to worry about soon anyways.

bourge73
06-25-2013, 06:21 AM
Should have bought a Saab or even a Pontiac....

AudiPWR
06-25-2013, 06:25 AM
SDS is fucking garbage. My friend and I went their to respectively look at an S5 and a Z06 and they tried to hide the fact that the S5 had been in a few accidents. It was obvious as you could tell from the fitment of the bumpers and such. My buddy and I told the sales man to go fck himself and we left. Glad we didn't make any purchases there.

Sugarphreak
06-25-2013, 02:56 PM

JAYMEZ
06-25-2013, 03:38 PM
The South Deerfoot Suzuki guys are scammers ! Low Life , LOSERS! Dave Baker and Normal Baker are compete scum bag and shity business owners..

Id call Suzuki Canada and tell them whats going on and FORCE them to fix it at SDS .. lol

Walk in and tell that loser to shove it. It was probably his loser son that scratch it .. Just like the fuckin loser kid popped my tires and bagged the shit outa my other car.
Im surprised this kid hasn't been knocked out yet lol.

bourge73
06-25-2013, 04:13 PM
^^ never too late lol. Please someone
Post the picks of that douche bag son and his
Hot ass chick at the beach. Please?

Super_Geo
06-25-2013, 04:14 PM
:rolleyes:

March 27, 2013 3:35pm

David Baker of South Deerfoot Suzuki in Calgary, has already committed to keeping his dealership open and says he will continue to service Suzuki vehicles.

“If you bought a vehicle from us and use Suzuki, we’re going to look after you,” Baker says. “We’re not moving. This company is still in business. Suzuki is still in business, just doing things differently."

http://globalnews.ca/news/434503/suzuki-will-stop-selling-vehicles-in-canada-but-says-drivers-shouldnt-worry/

Toobinoo
06-25-2013, 05:39 PM
We are reluctant to go back for any service work, even oil change. Who knows what could happen to our car, especially after this incident and finding more bad reviews such as :

- when the owner (David Baker) quoted $600, it ended up to be $900.
- the quote was $700, but it ended up to be $1400.
- they came right out and said they over charged a customer when challenged.

All in all the trust is just not there anymore. He wouldn't even want to deal with the scratches caused by his staff, which could be an easy fix. If we have the tool, we will do it ourselves. Can you imagine if damages are done while being serviced at his shop??

We purchased the car because it fits our purpose. We knew about the fact that Suzuki is pulling out off the North America sector, but there will still be support for the duration of our warranty period. After that, we will take care of the car elsewhere. What we didn't know is the bad experience other people had with SDS. What we didn't consider is that SDS is the only dealership in town. What we didn't expect is that we have to deal with the poor service and attitude at SDS. As we mentioned earlier, it's a huge lessons learned that we didn't research on the dealership.

Please share your story and any suggestions are welcome.

chris 80
01-17-2014, 12:35 PM
Well if there is one thing that I learned from my experiences at SDS is to search the dealership before buying a vehicle. You can research your perspective car all you want however knowing what kind of operation your are buying from can make all it pointless

I too bought a car there 18 months ago and thought that I had nothing to worry about since it was a dealership that had a brand behind it. Well I was wrong!

My car purchase was only pleasant for the first 5 days and then it went south. The car was a disappointment right from the get go and the Lubrico warranty was equally as bad but I at least got my money back sort of speak. I no longer have this car cause I just could not stomach it.

Now this place is under International Motor Cars... just beware that since it is the same people! Lots of fancy cars but a shitty rep behind it.

Tik-Tok
01-17-2014, 01:39 PM
So what you're saying, is South Deerfoot Suzuki has changed names to International Motor Cars (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/371642/need-help-bad-experience-with-south-deerfoot-suzuki/) , and are still operating as shady as everyone says.

Good to know about International Motor Cars. (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/371642/need-help-bad-experience-with-south-deerfoot-suzuki/)

EK69
01-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
So what you're saying, is South Deerfoot Suzuki has changed names to International Motor Cars (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/371642/need-help-bad-experience-with-south-deerfoot-suzuki/) , and are still operating as shady as everyone says.

Good to know about International Motor Cars. (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/371642/need-help-bad-experience-with-south-deerfoot-suzuki/)

South Deerfoot Suzuki has changed its name to International Motor Cars ? interesting. I wonder what caused South Deerfoot Suzuki to do that? Looks like International Motor Cars will probably still be shady and scam too ?

:devil:

Strider
01-17-2014, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by EK69

South Deerfoot Suzuki has changed its name to International Motor Cars ? interesting. I wonder what caused South Deerfoot Suzuki to do that? Looks like International Motor Cars will probably still be shady and scam too ?

:devil:

Probably the fact that Suzuki has halted car sales in Canada?
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/suzuki-calls-off-30-year-drive-in-canada/article10361423/

schocker
01-17-2014, 03:02 PM
eghhhh wtf is this
http://www.internationalmotorcars.ca/used/BMW/2007-BMW-335i-c411b8520a0a001f5765d9887560e8a6.htm
:barf: :barf: :barf:

bourge73
01-17-2014, 03:08 PM
Wonder if that's norms new daily beat on. Sumer it will be the f 430

guessboi
01-17-2014, 03:28 PM
Still says South Deerfoot Suzuki in the title of the website :rofl:
I am glad they don't operate as Suzuki any more.

heavyD
01-17-2014, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by schocker
eghhhh wtf is this
http://www.internationalmotorcars.ca/used/BMW/2007-BMW-335i-c411b8520a0a001f5765d9887560e8a6.htm
:barf: :barf: :barf:

It's probably a beat up 335 from out east that they had wrapped to cover bad paint.

Xtrema
01-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Fixed

Originally posted by heavyD

It's probably a beat up 335 from out east that they had painted with a few cans of Rustoleum to cover bad paint.

revelations
01-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Love how they are using ripped off vehicle images (eg R8 on the beach) for commercial purposes.

euro_racer
01-17-2014, 07:11 PM
Love how they are posting cars that they don't have, like the ripped off pics of this GTR and several EVO's they once had... http://www.internationalmotorcars.ca/used/Nissan/2010-Nissan-GT-R-0387a2b0404638d352d50862c6cd0167.htm

"SOLD Call for others! We are Alberta's #1 GTR dealer and have access to all years and colours at any time! ".... as in If you want a GTR give us a call and we will look for one out east or in the states, overprice it and if possible find ways to take and keep your deposit while you wait for it. (if it is a POS too bad, so sad)

Textbook used car crook technique.

International Motor Cars Calgary (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/371642/need-help-bad-experience-with-south-deerfoot-suzuki/) and David Baker (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/371642/need-help-bad-experience-with-south-deerfoot-suzuki/) sure are a clever bunch!

Toobinoo
03-02-2014, 04:17 PM
We wish there is a way to update the title of this thread. Perhaps, someone can start a new thread on International Motor Cars Calgary and reference to this thread. So, people can make their informative decisions.

Not sure how the operation is with the new name; we won't make any purchase or do any service work in that place, especially it's being operated by Baker.

revelations
03-02-2014, 06:03 PM
You can go back and edit your first post.

trevh
03-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Aside from the obvious happening. What would happen if you actually just dropped the car off at the lot and said "it's yours have it back" canceled all payments and washed your hands of it?