PDA

View Full Version : A45 AMG vs GTI vs M135i

HiSpec
06-26-2013, 12:59 PM
The A45 AMG, GTI And M135i Fight To Be The Hottest Of German Hatches

Would you like to see a battle between the hottest hatchbacks currently offered by Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen and BMW? Who am I kidding? Of course you do!

The UK's Autocar recently put three fantastic but radically different hatches to the test, and the comparison is something quite a bit of fun.

RELATED

The Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Is The Cheapest Way Into The Über Car Club
Despite a price that puts the brawny CLA 45 AMG at roughly the equivalent of two V6 Mustangs, there's no way to get a new über German car any… Read…
In one corner, we have the brand new Mercedes A45 AMG, which packs a beastly 355 horsepower and all wheel drive from its 2.0-liter turbo four. It looks cool, but it's expensive, stickering in at a whopping US $56,000. (We don't get that car, but we will get its svelte sedan version, the CLA45 AMG.) Reviewer Steve Sutcliffe says the price is worth it, and calls it "flippin' marvelous."

In another, you have the rear-wheel drive BMW M135i, which is not as attractive as the Benz but is cheaper and still has 315 horsepower. It keeps up, but not as well as you might think.

Finally, there's the brand-new Volkswagen GTI with the performance package and DSG gearbox. With just 227 horsepower and front wheel drive, it may not seem like a fair fight to pit it against these three — I wonder why they didn't use the outgoing Golf R instead — but it's far less expensive and it's still "a real peach" on its own, Steve says.

So which one comes out on top? Let's just say that some things are worth their big price tags.

CCoWi_wU-oM
- Autocar.co.uk

flipstah
06-26-2013, 03:25 PM
That A45 is AWESOME.

Still not a fan of that stick out GPS screen though.

XylathaneGTR
06-26-2013, 05:23 PM
If that A45 came here...I would be so happy.

Redlined_8000
06-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Dam the A45 might be quicker but the BMW sounds way better haha