PDA

View Full Version : Sidewalk Repair

zooter
06-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Hi Guys,

We are going to purchase a new home. There is still construction taking place, and empty lots next to the home we are buying. Due to the construction, trucks, equipment etc., alot of the sidewalk in front of the house and some of the other homes is cracked or in multiple pieces, almost right up to the edge of the driveway.

I was wondering whos responsibility is it to repar the sidewalks? Does the builder do this after the other homes are built? Is the driveway covered under the builder's 1 year new home warranty?'

Thanks.

lilmira
06-27-2013, 09:12 AM
I remember that some guys (I assume the developer) went around fixing the sidewalk in my area after all the houses are done.

I assume that the developer will have to do that before they turnover the area to the city.

Kloubek
06-27-2013, 09:20 AM
It might take a while, but the developer should indeed take care of it. That's what happened in my area in Kincora... though it took years to get repaired for some people.

OU812
06-27-2013, 09:30 AM
yep. Sucks for now but the developer has to fix that stuff before they can hand the phase over to the city.

it will get done but will take a while.

guessboi
06-27-2013, 10:06 AM
+1 they will replace the cracked sidewalk once your street is fully done.