PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work for Meloche Monnex?

coupesx
06-27-2013, 01:02 PM
I have some questions about the current state of affairs over there. Recently another person backed into my parked car causing it to be undriveable. That person has insurance with MM. This occured 2 weeks ago.

My insurance company sent a demand letter to them about a week ago, and I have since been waiting for a return phone call of any kind from anyone at MM. I was able to get the name/number of the investigator who is working on the claim on their side, but she simply refuses to pick up her phone or return my voicemails.

Now I understand that the flooding is causing increased claims, but the MM person I am calling is based out of Toronto. Surely flooding in one city cannot affect the entire country's operations to the point where they cannot return multiple missed calls over a period of a week? The thing is, I can't get a damage estimate until the insurance company provides an assignment, allowing the shop to tow my car in.

I've even had my own insurance company contact MM on my behalf to try and grab their attention and force some sort of response from them. I live in Calgary and sympathize with all flooding related claims however I find it kind of mind boggling that MM seems to be the only insurance company who is unable to return my calls.

Any advice?

guessboi
06-27-2013, 02:31 PM
I guess you don't have collision coverage on your own policy so your own company is not doing any thing for you besides the demand letter?
The only thing you can do is keep trying or call the general claims number / ask for a claims manager.

XXXXXX
06-27-2013, 02:43 PM
When I was making a claim against State Farm,
it took nearly a month from start to finish.

A good 3 weeks of that was waiting for the car to be towed from the impound
and waiting for an estimator to come out and assess the damage.

I think it's a pretty common thing for the adjusters to not know how to answer their phone.

Masked Bandit
06-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Sadly the lack of communication from the adjuster is more common than it should be. With that said though I still wouldn't tolerate it. If there is no return phone call within a day or two, the next one goes to management.

coupesx
06-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Okay will call tomorrow and ask for a claims manager. Thank you.

DEATH2000
06-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Sadly the lack of communication from the adjuster is more common than it should be. With that said though I still wouldn't tolerate it. If there is no return phone call within a day or two, the next one goes to management.

At least with MM anyway. I have heard dealing with them through a claim is a nightmare.

codetrap
06-30-2013, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by DEATH2000
At least with MM anyway. I have heard dealing with them through a claim is a nightmare. I've had 3 claims with them over the years. Each time they were super easy to deal with. I suspect that right now however they're probably pretty swamped. You know, 100k people worth of homes, and an average of 0.6 cars per person... that's a lot of car claims...

TDBankCanada
07-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Hi coupesx, it’s Sarah from TD. I came across your post and would like to learn more about what’s going on. I invite you to send us an email at [email protected] with Attn: Social Media so that we can reach out to our partners at Meloche Monnex and take a closer look. I look forward to hearing from you, coupesx.

Sugarphreak
07-02-2013, 12:52 PM

lasimmon
07-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Their website says the following:

Reminder: If your request requires the disclosure of confidential, account, order-related or personal information for resolution, please call us as email is not a secure method of communication

sabad66
07-02-2013, 01:31 PM
They probably have a social media team that all use the same account. I don't think it's phishing because the email is @td.com

coupesx
07-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by TDBankCanada
Hi coupesx, it’s Sarah from TD. I came across your post and would like to learn more about what’s going on. I invite you to send us an email at [email protected] with Attn: Social Media so that we can reach out to our partners at Meloche Monnex and take a closer look. I look forward to hearing from you, coupesx.

I would prefer to call if you can give me a direct #

Sugarphreak
07-02-2013, 10:12 PM

osspasha
07-03-2013, 11:35 AM
yeah by any chance was her name judie castle loool, she kept me hanging for a month and half. good luck they have terrible service !

bh87
07-15-2013, 03:08 PM
I have TD MM for auto and condo insurance. I live in Victoria Park in a high rise and was evacuated due to the floods which affected my storage locker. Last summer with my renewal package I received a letter stating TD would no longer offer sewer back up insurance for my condo building. I didn't think much of this until now that we have experienced a flood. TD is covering those affected by overland flood loss if they had sewer back up insurance. I called TD and spoke to them about this to find out if they would offer any coverage for me since they cancelled sewer back up coverage for my building about a year ago.

Long of the short, they said no. They could not explain how it was decided to no longer offer the sewer back up coverage and wouldn't comment on why my brother in law who lives 3 blocks away from me in East Village is now receiving coverage due to the flood.

I asked the representative why I would want to continue being insured by TD and why they would cover one building and not another in such close proximity. The rep simply said he understood and politely stated that my renewal package had been mailed out to me and I have until the end of August to switch without penalty.

I understand that based on my policy I am not covered, I am just dissapointed that I am not even able to get the coverage that would have helped in this situation. I should have switched when I received the letter stating they were cancelling the coverage for the building.

So, after 10 years of auto insurance and 3 years of condo insurance from TD MM I am now shopping again! Already got an online quote from RBC for auto insurance and its $40.00 cheaper per month than TD...

guessboi
07-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Not sure if you read my other post but AMA, CDI, TD or RBC offer limited sewer backup coverage and/ or sewer backup coverage in the event of a flood is not covered.

Here is a clip from the recent flood in Southern AB
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/insurance-...aims-1.1359484