PDA

View Full Version : Spray sealant

frozenrice
06-27-2013, 11:22 PM
Anybody know where I can find an automotive version?

I have a hairline crack in my transmission housing and I don't think the JB Weld the previous owner put on it is holding or covering enough of the affected area.
I've been looking for someone that can get Permatex Spray Sealant (http://www.permatex.com/products/product-categories/adhesives-sealants/sealants/permatex--spray-sealant-leak-repair-detail) but I'm not having any luck. Crappy Tire used to carry it, but not anymore and any of the places like Auto Value, Part Source, Princess Auto don't have it. Acklands supposedly has it, but they've never called me back to say it came in after I ordered it. Last I heard (about a week ago) they were waiting for their supplier in Edmonton to get it down to them. :dunno: . Amazon won't ship to Canada. One guy on ebay will ship a can up for $6.99 plus $33.00 for shipping - but I don't think so on a product that's worth less than $10.00.

Just wondering if there are other sources. None of that waterproofing stuff from those TV ads either please. I need something that can withstand automotive chemicals.

XXXXXX
06-28-2013, 12:28 AM
I would try to JB it again.. That shit be awesome for everything.

The surface HAS to be clean and that may be where the previous
dude fudged up. I would try it again, I'm sure it will do the trick.

The good thing about JB is it's durable, I cant say the same about
shitty spray can seals.

Tik-Tok
06-28-2013, 12:38 AM
Audi has a FIP gasket sealant that's done some amazing things for some people (fixed a blown head gasket until buddy got home, lol). Toyota also has a good one. (both of them are for oil pans, but work elsewhere)

frozenrice
07-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Are these a spray on exterior sealant or are they mean to applied between two surfaces?