PDA

View Full Version : Shinny Hockey Sat 5:15-6:30pm

JoniBoy
06-29-2013, 11:26 AM
As some of you know from the shinny hockey thread last year, my company had an ice time every Saturday last year at the West Hillhurst Community Arena (corner of 19th St and 5th Ave NW). Do to the lack of turnout from employees last year, my company is no longer paying for the time slot but since we had enough drop-ins by the end of the year to cover the ice time, I'm trying to make this work anyway.

The cost for the ice is $9052.31 incl GST for 30 ice times so I'm looking to get about 26 guys at $350 a head. This is a "not for profit" type of deal so if we get a few extra guys the extra money would be returned to everyone. I am, however, looking to cap the players around the 26 person mark so we can have lots of ice time (12-13 players/side if everyone shows up, but more likely about 2 lines/side if a few people miss each week).

If you are a goalie and are interested in playing or being on the sub list, send me a PM. Goalies play for free.

Usually we will throw in sticks at the beginning of the game and split up the teams. Everyone brings a dark and light jersey. Switch goalies or sides around half way. Skill level varies but I would say is on average about intermediate level (few guys newer to hockey and one or two guys that used to play at a fairly competitive level but most have played growing up so the pace is reasonably quick). That being said everyone is very easy going, we're just out to have fun. Great way to get some exercise and keep the skates from rusting out without staying up till 2am on work nights! Maybe some of the guys from last year can chime in (TYMSMNY, bigbadboss101, nonofyobiz, R-Audi, etc).

Summary

Time: 4:45-6:00pm Saturdays September 7 to March 29th (30 ice times)
Location: West Hillhurst Community Arena (corner of 19th St and 5th Ave NW)
Cost: $350
Level: Intermediate, shinny style, no body checking

Please PM or email me if you're interested. jhagel87 at gmail dot com

JoniBoy
07-02-2013, 08:30 AM
Bumping this up now that it's Tuesday and everyone is back at work and reading Beyond :P

Jerms
07-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Have you been able to get enough people?

timdog
07-04-2013, 02:28 PM
I would be interested in drop-ins every other week or so if that works for your group. send me a PM if so.

JoniBoy
07-15-2013, 11:20 AM
Hey guys, sorry for the late response. Had some back and forth with the guys at the WHCA as they made some scheduling errors. Long story short, our time has been moved up 30 minutes to 4:45-6:00pm (I've updated the original post). I've also changed the cost to $350 based on the amount of people signed up so far.

I've found enough guys to make a go of it but we still have a few spots left so if you're interested in playing send me a PM. Any questions let me know!

bigbadboss101
07-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Played couple times and it's good calibre hockey. A few intermediate players, some slightly better players but everyone passes and good clean fun hockey.
Good amount of ice time and a good sweat. Will check with wife (no longer boss of everything) and might sign up so I get 2 games of shinny a week :-)

Alterac
07-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Emailed you, im in for this.

Havnt played in a couple years, and when i did, i was re-teaching myself from a long time ago when i played as a kid.

Seems like a good timeslot for me to make a fool of myself.

Tarrantula
07-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Would love to Play as a goalie, already sent you a PM.

Tarrantula
08-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Re-bump - Anyone who plays on this is welcome to Join my DPH league as well, its similar skill level also.

JoniBoy
08-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Had some drop-outs once it came time to pay....currently have one more spot available if anyone is interested!

JoniBoy
09-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Bump, still looking for one more player...first game is tomorrow!

Tarrantula
09-14-2013, 02:57 PM
See everyone there! Going to be a rough game for me since Ive already played a few softball games today for CCC

:zzz: