PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust mod idea

e.widling
07-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Maybe it's just me getting old but I'm finding the Nur Spec too loud and too much drone for daily driving (also my work involves driving all day not just to and from) I'm pleased with performance at this point but half the fun is ruined because my car sounds like any other ricer/ louder than most at normal speeds/ rpms which is 90% of the time. It only sounds good at 5000 + RPM and even then it's so loud I just never want to go past 3000.

Aaaaaanyways my idea is to bolt up the last section of the stock muffler and tips to the Nur Spec piping that starts from around the rear left tire. This way I keep 3" downpipe and 3" mid pipes for power but soften the sound back down a bit. I understand I might lose a little power but I thought the DP and B-pipe were the most restrictive on our cars so wouldn't this still maintain most of its performance?

Here's a video I made comparing Nur Spec to straight pipe just for fun... where you see the pipe end on the "no exhaust" clip is where i'd bolt up the stock exhaust. Just need an adapter to fill in a 3.5 cm gap.

Good idea, bad idea? Thoughts?

LZUxR9-_HPg

Djudee
07-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Where did you get your exhaust from? Sounds really good to me

e.widling
07-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Bought from a member here a few years ago. It does sound good but for my work which requires driving all day it's just too much. Since posting this video I've had the exhaust welded at a shop so the 3" midpipes mate to the stock mufflers. Still louder than your average car but maintains stock look and much quiter than the Nur Spec. Also power seems to be the same as the full Nur Spec. I'll post a video later.