PDA

View Full Version : Full Contact Douche Parking

Sugarphreak
07-01-2013, 09:18 PM

FraserB
07-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Haha. Did you leave a note with the Ford's plate for Toyota guy?

Sugarphreak
07-01-2013, 09:29 PM

firebane
07-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

It was like 30 degrees and I was dying from the heat... so no, haha.

I probably have the Ford plate on my Blackvue though if the owner of the Toyota is on Beyond. This was at the Westbrook Walmart btw.

My guess is the Toyota guy would have come out first to find this idiot hitting his truck and it was dealt with.

Westbrook Walmart has one of the worst parking lots to go through :nut:

DeleriousZ
07-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Too bad he wasn't rocking a front plate, cause it'd probably be imprinted on the taco after he left.

?????
07-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by firebane

Westbrook Walmart has one of the worst parking lots to go through :nut:

Every Walmart....:nut:

dirtsniffer
07-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Did you see the ford park? Who's to say the Toyota was there first

Sugarphreak
07-02-2013, 07:27 AM

Rat Fink
07-02-2013, 07:37 AM

Sugarphreak
07-02-2013, 07:44 AM

GTS4tw
07-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
Maybe the Toyota dude pulled into the spot and thought "hmmm, this Ford is partly in my spot, seeing as how I'm a self-entitled fag with my little jap-scrap small penis shitbox I'm going to park right up against him, show him how my vehicle is cool too"

Honestly, both owners are probably idiots. F150s don't have a good rep and neither do those Toyotas. I find Toyotas like that are usually driven by skinny white guys who are hell-bent on proving to the world that they are outdoorsy. (probably why the owner keeps the bit of mud on it) - yeah I take it kayaking too bitches!

Hahaha, awesome. :guns:

ExtraSlow
07-02-2013, 08:13 AM
As a Ford truck driver, I can confirm that this is how I park. I see no issues here. :dunno:

CanmoreOrLess
07-02-2013, 08:14 AM
For this and many other reasons, you cannot afford to shop at WalMart. IF I have to go there, it is exactly at opening time and I'm out in 15 minutes max. It takes me longer to walk back and forth to the extreme corner of the WalMart lot where I need to park my vehicle to be safe from the seasoned WalMart shopper.

My next vehicle will have a fixed trailer hitch on both the front and rear, keeps the other drivers honest and a good six inches away.

DeleriousZ
07-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Maybe the Toyota dude pulled into the spot and thought "hmmm, this Ford is partly in my spot, seeing as how I'm a self-entitled fag with my little jap-scrap small penis shitbox I'm going to park right up against him, show him how my vehicle is cool too"

Honestly, both owners are probably idiots. F150s don't have a good rep and neither do those Toyotas. I find Toyotas like that are usually driven by skinny white guys who are hell-bent on proving to the world that they are outdoorsy. (probably why the owner keeps the bit of mud on it) - yeah I take it kayaking too bitches!

http://www.somegif.com/gifs/136134325638571251.GIF

benyl
07-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Was it a crew cab?

The parking spots at that Walmart are so close together that you have no choice to park like that if you drive a Ford. I should know, I park like that there all the time.

Sugarphreak
07-02-2013, 09:22 AM

spikerS
07-02-2013, 09:22 AM
I just don't care anymore. I do my best to park all respectable like, but parking stalls are getting narrower and shorter.

It is just a matter of time before there is a spotted thread about me as a douche bag parking job, I just hope it is one of the times Baygirl has the truck out. :rofl:

Graham_A_M
07-03-2013, 06:21 PM
^ Yeah man.... driving that '95 ford with a gazillion km's on it, I can now understand just how fucking small parking spots are... fuck sakes it gets frustering doing a two or three point turn just to get in or out of a stall.

Rat Fink's post is hilarious...
:rofl: :rofl:

Xtrema
07-03-2013, 08:45 PM
I find Toyotas like that are usually driven by skinny white guys who are hell-bent on proving to the world that they are outdoorsy.

Holy shit, your are right, mind blown.

Sugarphreak
07-03-2013, 09:16 PM

Unknown303
07-03-2013, 09:36 PM
I just park at a remote end of the lot and douche park. If I come out to someone parked close to me their car is doomed.

ddduke
07-04-2013, 07:59 PM

I've come accross a few spots now where each of my tires sits on the line and the ass end hangs out a foot... just waiting for my very own douchebag parking thread too.

I was about to pull the trigger on an H1 last month and this is basically the reason why I didn't. parked in a few spots during my test drive and couldn't even fit between the lines.

parking lots are getting ridiculous these days.

Sugarphreak
07-04-2013, 08:55 PM

DEATH2000
07-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

I was about to pull the trigger on an H1 last month and this is basically the reason why I didn't. parked in a few spots during my test drive and couldn't even fit between the lines.

parking lots are getting ridiculous these days.

The H1 is 7' 4" from mirror tip to mirror tip. You HAVE to take up two stalls with that thing! Most parking stalls are 7' or less in width.

Kavy
07-06-2013, 08:15 PM
I i have tow hooks on the front of my Dodge for just this reason.

cloud7
07-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Actually the standard dimensions (under the City of Calgary Land Use Bylaw) for parking spots are 2.6 m wide or roughly 8.5 feet... so the body of the truck including both tires should fit a full size truck, with a foot or so to spare. Mirrors (especially tow mirrors) might not fit entirely in the spot. Residential parking stalls are slightly narrower at 2.5 m. Length wise, there is no way a full size truck can fit a standard parking stall (which is 5.4 m deep) but this is accounted for by the standard aisle width of 7.2 m.

Sugarphreak
07-07-2013, 02:11 PM

cam_wmh
07-07-2013, 02:32 PM

Garunteed not all lots follow this dimensioning, my truck tires can literally sit on both lines for some smaller areas. If anything stalls have been getting smaller for new developments.

One of my bigger issues is lane width between stalls, if I go head first into a stall and then it fills up... I get boxed in. I can't back up enough to turn out.

reading that plus your signature makes me lol

dirtsniffer
07-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Why don't people with trucks always back in? It's easier to both park properly and leave?

AE92_TreunoSC
07-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Because people in parking lots are idiots and will try and sneak into the spot a truck is backing into.

I just park a mile away, every day.

spikerS
07-07-2013, 04:21 PM
^^Werd.

I always try to back mine over a curb around the perimeter of a parking lot, and if I am lucky, in the middle stall of 3 empty ones in the hopes they will still be empty when I come out.

spike98
07-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Why don't people with trucks always back in? It's easier to both park properly and leave?

I know with my grand cherokee my experiance and the backup sensors/cam make backing up a LOT easier in tight spaces. I get a much better sense of the rear with side mirrors than i do the front of a vehicle.