PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to get an address from a license plate?

CapnCrunch
07-03-2013, 09:48 AM
A few weeks ago some vehicles were towed and left across the street from my house. I happened to be outside when one of the owners showed up a week later and told me that they were towed there because they were parked in a location that was being cleaned by the street sweepers.

Apparently, they just hooked up the vehicles and towed them out of the way. The problem is that the owners weren't notified, and the vehicles were towed pretty far from where they were originally parked. The guy I spoke with had actually filed a stolen vehicle report, and the police had no clue that these vehicles were moved.

Now there are still a couple vehicles parked here and I was wondering if there is any way to let them know where their vehicles are? All I can get are the plate numbers.

rage2
07-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Odd, the cops usually tell people to check the impound lot first before filing stolen vehicles reports.

And no, you can't find someone's address with a license plate unless someone at the registry breaks a bunch of laws.

m10-power
07-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Call the police and get them to contact the owners

CapnCrunch
07-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by m10-power
Call the police and get them to contact the owners

Will they do that?

CapnCrunch
07-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Odd, the cops usually tell people to check the impound lot first before filing stolen vehicles reports.

And no, you can't find someone's address with a license plate unless someone at the registry breaks a bunch of laws.

They aren't impounded. They're sitting in front of my house.
they literally just moved them from one street to another.

rage2
07-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch
They aren't impounded. They're sitting in front of my house.
they literally just moved them from one street to another.
Ahh got it. Then call the 311 and get 'em towed. Problem solved! :rofl:

pf0sh0
07-03-2013, 10:08 AM

lol do this

CapnCrunch
07-03-2013, 10:17 AM

:rofl:

ExtraSlow
07-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Call 311 and report them as abandoned. It helps if you remove the license plate first though . . .