PDA

View Full Version : Ephedrine & HIIT

woodywoodford
07-03-2013, 01:10 PM
So it's been suggested that an EC stack would be a good fit my goals of first, fat burn and then some muscle growth. I'm doing some homework and http://www.hotnfit.com/ecstack says NOT to mix ephedrine with HIIT. Anybody know the reasoning behind this? HIIT is a staple in my current routine, but I don't enjoy it for a second so am willing to cut it out if the ephedrine + good gym routine would have a comparable effect. Based on that same site I was considering doing plyometric cardio (http://www.hotnfit.com/workouts/plyometric-cardio) instead of HIIT. Thoughts/input?

AzNxHyDrA
07-03-2013, 01:16 PM
I did Plyo X (P90X plyo) on EC Stack and my heart rate was around 180 or 190?

EC stack + HIIT is a bad idea because your heart rate goes insane.

Tej.S
07-03-2013, 01:46 PM
I tried the EC stack yesterday and in my experience, it isn't what it's hyped up to be. I had pretty good energy, but my breathing was also a bit heavier than usual. It does increase your HR more than usual, so idk if it would be smart to combine it with routines that include high HR sessions.

lint
07-03-2013, 02:08 PM
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//showthread.php?t=645

possibly the most complete ECA resource on the net http://web.archive.org/web/20120712210846/http://www.drumlib.com/dp/000006.htm

woodywoodford
07-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by AzNxHyDrA
I did Plyo X (P90X plyo) on EC Stack and my heart rate was around 180 or 190?

EC stack + HIIT is a bad idea because your heart rate goes insane.

Gotcha, I figured something along those lines. I'm guessing plyo x is quite a bit more intense than what I linked up there? (just a bunch of squat jumps and jumping jacks)

Don't want a heart attack, but really wanna lose this fat

AzNxHyDrA
07-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by woodywoodford

Gotcha, I figured something along those lines. I'm guessing plyo x is quite a bit more intense than what I linked up there? (just a bunch of squat jumps and jumping jacks)

Don't want a heart attack, but really wanna lose this fat

If you have a heart rate monitor, you can do a test run and see how it goes. Stop immediately if your heart rate gets too high.

Honestly, if you want to lose fat, it's still more diet than anything. EC stack was an intense appetite suppressant for me so it helped with the dieting. Everyone will see different results from it so good luck.

Tej.S
07-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Odd.. I was hungry as f*ck afterwards lol.

woodywoodford
07-03-2013, 02:45 PM
After reading through lint's link I might just save the EC stack until later, and focus on diet and lifestyle for now. I've still got 30+ lbs to drop. Would I be missing out on losses by waiting?

Tej.S
07-03-2013, 04:35 PM
I doubt it would be a significant difference.

themack89
07-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Don't stop the intervals!!! They work so well!!!

fiveowed
07-03-2013, 07:25 PM
animal cuts is a much better supplement imo

Tej.S
07-03-2013, 08:46 PM
^ It's good, but not worth the money unless you're obese. Plus, EC is WAY cheaper and lasts so much longer lol.

ddduke
07-04-2013, 05:32 PM
I've tried pretty much everything on the market and besides clen nothing even compares to eca stacks. I drop weight like crazy taking them. I think where most people fuck up is dosing and taking them religiously. I take 3 stacks a day and all of them include 200mg caffeine with 20mg ephedrine.

IMO if you can just grab clen then I'd go for that instead of anything else, I can lose 8-10lbs in 2 weeks when I'm cutting and I'm far from fat so if you have 30lbs to lose your results should come even faster.

Tej.S
07-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Lol why would you recommend Clen to people on beyond :facepalm:

ddduke
07-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Who cares? It's not like I'm selling it to them. People on beyond talk about smoking weed and shit all the time. Taking clen isn't a huge deal, different types of steroids have been talked about here countless times.

Tej.S
07-08-2013, 01:35 AM
Why not just recommend some DNP :dunno: Fuck it, not like you're selling it to them, right? :facepalm:

woodywoodford
07-08-2013, 09:26 AM
I guess another thought- how does drinking coffee affect your doses? If I do this I want to do it right, but I love me some black coffee throughout the day.

I thought about steroids briefly, but everything I've heard about them is they kill your liver and that kinda scares me off. Poor boy's got a bad enough time as it is keeping up with my whiskey habit, last thing I need is to throw some roids at it haha

sabad66
07-08-2013, 09:31 AM
A normal stack is 200mg of caffeine, so you should take a bit less caffeine (maybe cut the pill in half) if you are drinking coffee at the exact same time.

Look up the caffeine dosages of the type of coffee you drink and go from there.

duaner
07-08-2013, 12:18 PM
For smaller doses, something to consider is Life brand caffeine pills, 100mg. Keeps it easy to get 50mg or 150mg.

ddduke
07-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Tej.S
Why not just recommend some DNP :dunno: Fuck it, not like you're selling it to them, right? :facepalm:

I don't see why you care so much about what I post. We're discussing dieting, maybe if you don't like what I'm writing then stop reading my fucking posts.

I have a fair bit of knowledge about body building, steroids and supplements so I'm just giving my .02. When someone is making a thread about taking eca stacks (ie: taking short cuts to getting desired look) I'm offering better alternatives, just like when someone makes a thread about whether they should buy a car and people offer other suggestions.

Tej.S
07-08-2013, 08:55 PM
You're fucking recommending clen when you haven't even tried it, how stupid are you? Your lack of logic is amazing for the amount of knowledge you claim to have.

JRSC00LUDE
07-08-2013, 10:10 PM
So, general consensus for combining EC stack + something like Crossfit = ?

Any real world experience here? There's so many threads all over on either side of the argument that, who knows? I started a stack last week, gradual as per the one dosage link and have no real noticeable affects other than more energy in the day, till I crash at night. :dunno:

By crash, I mean I am BEAT at the end of a regular day..... No workout.

Tej.S
07-08-2013, 10:27 PM
I'll test this out tomorrow. I've been using EC for about a week now(on and off) and I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary. I'll do a high intensity workout tomorrow(keep my heart rate up) and will report back here.

elite
07-08-2013, 10:32 PM
I think it really has to do with how healthy you are and how good your heart is. You can try high intensity training with ec stack but the best thing to do is listen to your body. A lot of people don't recommend high intensity training with ec stack due to the increased heart rate from the ephedrine and caffeine but I have heard about some people that are fine with it.

Personally when i tried the ec stack i felt weird and abnormal for the duration i took it. I wasn't the healthiest back then so after about a few weeks I just stopped it completely. Perhaps if you are wanting to do some high intensity training as well with it you could add in some baby aspirin to thin the blood?

Tej.S
07-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Yeah, you're absolutely right elite. Keep in mind that I'm only 20 years old, so my body is still able to endure a lot more crap than some of you seasoned beyonders haha. I'd much rather use white willow bark in place of the aspirin since there are many downsides to using the aspirin. Some studies have shown that the results from aspirin are insignificant when compared to just the EC combination.

JRSC00LUDE
07-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Post your experience Tej.S, thanks.

I am going to run with it today and see what happens, I think I'll just adjust the dosage so it's 2 hours before workout. Also, I'm still on the 16/100 dosage (since I drink a fair bit of coffee).

Tomorrow I'll move to max dosage of 24/200 x2 and 16/200 just to see what it feels like. My intention with this is a 6-8 week course just to lean out again while re-establishing a baseline of fitness so I can begin to play hockey again this winter after many years off.

I consider myself out of shape but, that's in comparision to my typical standard which has fallen off the last couple years. I'm 6'1" and walk around between 225-228 however if I'm in full out active mode and riding, etc. daily then I still never drop below 215. I am pushing 37 this fall though.....

Here's to no internal explosions! :eek:

89coupe
07-09-2013, 09:40 AM
It just blows my mind what people are willing to risk in order to try and lose weight. It boggles my mind.

They would rather risk their health then put in the real effort to lose weight.

Pretty fucking simple to eat healthy and work out.

Why the fuck do regular people take steroids, weight loss drugs, and even plastic surgery to look good?

You are doing more harm then good, and for what? So Joe stranger looks at you?

Reality check, nobody fucking cares.

KRyn
07-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe
It just blows my mind what people are willing to risk in order to try and lose weight. It boggles my mind.

Why the fuck do regular people take steroids, weight loss drugs, and even plastic surgery to look good?

Beyond's resident fitness guru, doctor and White Knight hard at work preaching his e-pinion!

JRSC00LUDE
07-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Coupe, what's the real world risk of a properly dosed EC stack?

Enlighten me with fact, not opinion. Seriously. It seems to me there's a lot of contradictory info. out there, mostly biased depending on personal perspective.

Darkane
07-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Woody you're better off making as much progress without assistance then using it when things stall. Not using EC from the get go.

max_boost
07-09-2013, 01:05 PM
How does it affect your sleep schedule? That probably would be my #1 concern.

Tej.S
07-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Doesn't affect my sleep at all.

89coupe
07-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Coupe, what's the real world risk of a properly dosed EC stack?

Enlighten me with fact, not opinion. Seriously. It seems to me there's a lot of contradictory info. out there, mostly biased depending on personal perspective.

Once you start messing with your metabolism/chemistry you are just asking for trouble.

Eating right, exercising and getting plenty of sleep is the best approach.

Ask any doctor.

Don't take advice from users, that's like asking an alcoholic how to quit drinking.

JRSC00LUDE
07-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Once you start messing with your metabolism/chemistry you are just asking for trouble.

Ask any doctor.

Well I absolutely agree on the eating right/excercise/sleep aspect and, for the most part, I have two out of three. My sleep schedule has been fucked for a few years.....work in progress.

That being said, I don't see any net harm in kick-starting getting back into my preferred level of fitness with something as simple as this stack, nor do I see how it is really messing with any metabolic function in any significant harmful way. Believe me, I'm not trying to argue with you for kicks but I don't see where there can be long term damage here (unless an idiot goes way overboard on dosage and has a heart attack) from responsbile short term use. I do agree that it's a lazy shortcut (albeit a short term one).....but, with the exception of cardiovascular risks FROM ABUSE, I see nothing that quantifies any real risks.

If I have any cardiac issues, they are at present unknown. On yearly physicals, every aspect of that system - from resting rates to cholesterol levels, etc. - are always top notch. There is zero room for improvement according to my Dr. Now I have not discussed this stack with my Dr. but, I'm just experimenting with it at the moment (who knows, I may put two weeks in and not wish to continue). If I think it has a benefit to me, I will definately discuss it should I consider surpassing the six week mark I had set for myself. Likewise will I if I notice any potential issues.

Don't take advice from users, that's like asking an alcoholic how to quit drinking.

To a point.

The same train of logic could be applied to taking advice from people who abstain. Would you ask a hardcore mennonite for a factual and balanced view on red wine?

Tej.S
07-09-2013, 02:02 PM
So by coupe's logic, I shouldn't be taking advice from him since I shouldn't be taking advice from other users.. Lolwut? This dude lives in a cave <.< Ask a doctor he says, lmao. Keep your hands on your ears and keep your blindfold on.

JRSC00LUDE
07-09-2013, 02:13 PM
So by coupe's logic, I shouldn't be taking advice from him since I shouldn't be taking advice from other users.. Lolwut? This dude lives in a cave &lt;.&lt; Ask a doctor he says, lmao. Keep your hands on your ears and keep your blindfold on.

By "users" he is referring to people who use EC, or Clen, or whatever the case may be.

And yes I agree with him that consulting a Doctor is typically not a bad idea, unless you have a bad Doctor. I don't believe I have any pre-existing risk factors that require consulting one at this point since I don't even know if I'll keep it up but should I decide to make it a more routing thing then absolutely I would ask some questions.

ddduke
07-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
How does it affect your sleep schedule? That probably would be my #1 concern.

I think it really depends how sensitive you are to caffeine. When I first started taking them about 10 years ago I would lose tons of sleep and be super jittery at night. Now that I'm older and drink caffeine on a regular basis it's not a bother at all.

You're fucking recommending clen when you haven't even tried it, how stupid are you? Your lack of logic is amazing for the amount of knowledge you claim to have.

What the fuck are you talking about? I've ran clen at least once a year for the last decade or so. I've tried pills from a handful of different labs as well as clen pens (mouth spray).

I'm offering better alternatives to people who are inquiring about fast weight loss.

You're a fucking idiot claiming that you've received no results when you've only been taking ec stacks for a week and haven't been steady with it. Maybe you should stop giving advice when you obviously don't know shit

ddduke
07-09-2013, 04:50 PM

Reality check coupe, not everyone works out just to impress other people.

It's the same as dressing well, having nice hair, etc. It makes you feel good and maybe some people like their look better when they're bigger/leaner/etc.

You're actually pretty ignorant, just like most people who don't really understand steroids. It's not like you take them and instantly become a beast, you still have to work hard, it just makes the road easier. Every single guy I know who juices works way harder at both exercising and eating then any natural guy I know, if they didn't then juicing would be a total waste.

As much as you think that just eating right and exercising will do it for you it really won't if you're going for specific looks. It's your genetics, performance enhancing drugs help you manipulate those genetics.

89coupe
07-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

Reality check coupe, not everyone works out just to impress other people.

It's the same as dressing well, having nice hair, etc. It makes you feel good and maybe some people like their look better when they're bigger/leaner/etc.

You're actually pretty ignorant, just like most people who don't really understand steroids. It's not like you take them and instantly become a beast, you still have to work hard, it just makes the road easier. Every single guy I know who juices works way harder at both exercising and eating then any natural guy I know, if they didn't then juicing would be a total waste.

As much as you think that just eating right and exercising will do it for you it really won't if you're going for specific looks. It's your genetics, performance enhancing drugs help you manipulate those genetics.

Ignorant? You are the ignorant one if you think taking steroids or any PED is healthy or safe.

I'd love for you to show me one medical journal that says anabolic steroids are safe or recommended.

JRSC00LUDE
07-09-2013, 09:30 PM
How about we just focus on the EC stack and take steroid bickering to another thread, they're in no way on the same playing field.

I did a 30 on/30 off class at the place I'm trying out today and felt no adverse reaction. The only thing I noticed was how clear my airways were, allowing breathing to be more effective (in my opinion).

CivicTunr
07-09-2013, 09:41 PM

Ask any doctor.

You know eating alone can change your metabolism. 6 small meals/day vs 3 big ones will speed it up etc. And a bulking phase of just eating (IE 4000 calories/day will change it too). Your body adapts to anything you do to it, that is what makes it amazing.

And steroids, never going to touch em. Everyone who hears steroids use automatically loses respect for that person, Myself included. Eat clean, train clean. that's my motto and i'm sticking to it.

Tej.S
07-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

What the fuck are you talking about? I've ran clen at least once a year for the last decade or so. I've tried pills from a handful of different labs as well as clen pens (mouth spray).

I'm offering better alternatives to people who are inquiring about fast weight loss.

You're a fucking idiot claiming that you've received no results when you've only been taking ec stacks for a week and haven't been steady with it. Maybe you should stop giving advice when you obviously don't know shit

To be honest, I misread your original post. I thought you had said you tried everything BESIDES clen, hence why I stated that you've never used it. So yes, I am a moron for that. Even then, I still wouldn't recommend it to people on these forums. It's a controlled substance and can easily be abused, just like anything else. I just don't see eye to eye with offering an alternative such as clen to inexperienced people on a car forum who probably don't even understand the risks. If you were personally advocating the doses and keeping the individual under a watchful eye, then I wouldn't have much of a problem with it. We can go back and forth with this, but we're never going to get anywhere so I'll just agree to disagree. In my defense, I never said I received no results and I surely haven't given out any advice. I only said I wasn't sure if it was smart to combine it with a high HR workout, based on MY personal experience.

Ignorant? You are the ignorant one if you think taking steroids or any PED is healthy or safe.

I'd love for you to show me one medical journal that says anabolic steroids are safe or recommended.

Alternatively, you can look up studies which show certain doses of steroids which ARE healthy or safe. You're actually being ignorant lol.

@JRS, I ran 18mg of ephedrine with 275mg of caffeine today. Throughout my workout, I kept my rest time short in order to keep my heart rate a little higher. I think I'm getting used to the EC because I was really focused for about the first 30 minutes and it then it slowly started to go down after that. Overall, it was a good, intense workout. In my personal experience, I did not notice anything out of the ordinary during or even after the gym. Btw, your airways were clear because the ephedrine actually acts as an oral/nasal decongestant lol.

JRSC00LUDE
07-10-2013, 07:20 AM
Haha thanks, I know that about the ephedrine. All I meant was that was the only noticeable physical response, I never felt like my heart was going red line, etc :-)

I did let myself get too dehydrated yesterday though, need to up the water intake.

pf0sh0
07-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Haha thanks, I know that about the ephedrine. All I meant was that was the only noticeable physical response, I never felt like my heart was going red line, etc :-)

I did let myself get too dehydrated yesterday though, need to up the water intake.

Same result, but also I found I really lost my appetite... and I have a big appetite haha. I felt like I had to really remember to eat.

JRSC00LUDE
07-10-2013, 08:26 AM
And me, hungry as ever. In fact, I'm eating a 3 eggs and spinach wrap right now. Woke up starving today!

This is good, hearing a different range of responses.

Dave P
07-10-2013, 10:09 AM
A lot of men sounding like women in this thread.

This is the only supplement you should be taking:

http://beardvitamin.com/assets/VB-300x250.jpg

scboss
07-11-2013, 09:26 PM

Alternatively, you can look up studies which show certain doses of steroids which ARE healthy or safe. You're actually being ignorant lol.

The funny thing this is true. More people die from tylenol overdoses then steroids. Would I use them? No. But under doctor supervision they are almost 100% safe if not abused.

As for the caffeine/ephedrine stacks I would not recommend them esp if your already taking other supplements. Ive seen many cases where this shit effs your metabolism so bad. You will see alot of yoyo ppl using this stack

Keep it simple

Learn to Eat
Learn to train for your specific goals
Be Consistent
Get Mad gains Bruh!