PDA

View Full Version : For those chocolate lovers.

BebeAphrodite
02-22-2004, 12:55 PM
If you're looking for amazing chocolates there's the Belgium House of Chocolates on 8th. Across from the Globe near the chop house.
I prefer it over Bernard Callebeau
White hazelnut pralines - heavenly!!!

Redlyne_mr2
02-26-2004, 04:04 AM
Callebeau is pretty tough to beat, Ill have to check it out. Is it priced similarly?

BebeAphrodite
02-26-2004, 04:15 AM
It's $1.07/chocolate..

K271
02-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Belgian chocolates are amazing, in NYC we have this Belgian Chocolate Boutique that imports their chocolates in daily, nothing like chocolates from the source. And then there's the Maison du Chocolat, which imports the champange troufles daily from Paris. I will never have a chocolate bar ever again. No matter the cost, the troufles are well worth it. In calgary I loved Bernard, but since coming to NYC, no chocolate is as satisfying as the fresh stuff from Europe.

sputnik
02-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Jebus... $1/per chocolate!!!

I'll stick with Oh Henry, Crunchie and Caramilk until AsianAngel starts buying me chocolate.

I do buy a Callebaut log for my parents around Christmas time... and do nibble on the ones that come into the office around then to. We usually see 8-10 every year.

EK 2.0
02-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
If you're looking for amazing chocolates there's the Belgium House of Chocolates on 8th. Across from the Globe near the chop house.
I prefer it over Bernard Callebeau
White hazelnut pralines - heavenly!!!

So very much agree...although I like the lil Rocket Ship shaped chocolate at Callebeau...