07-15-2013, 01:33 PM
RcjTv6-DcyE

Hublot wristshots! :rofl:

flipstah
07-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Loving the Christmas tree bit. :rofl:

rage2
07-15-2013, 02:28 PM
That was by far the worst day of the week. Fucking Christmas tree.

http://www.beyond.ca/car-less-in-calgary-day-6-christmas-tree-shopping/21187.html

FixedGear
07-15-2013, 02:30 PM
It should be spelled "carless" or even "car-less." "Car less" means something entirely different (as in a car without or minus something).

JRSC00LUDE
07-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by FixedGear
It should be spelled "carless" or even "car-less." "Car less" means something entirely different (as in a car without or minus something).

We couldn't "Care less".

FixedGear
07-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

We couldn't "Care less".

Really? I would think anyone making a movie would want to have the title spelled properly. Can you name any other movies that have blatantly misspelled titles? :dunno:

JRSC00LUDE
07-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Well honestly, I think they are saying to use a car less often in Calgary.....as in use your car, less.

I don't think it's really misspelled in any way, it's somewhat a play on words is it not?

EDIT- The Pursuit of Happyness, Inglourious Basterds, Pet Semetary.....

EDIT EDIT - Kalifornia

rage2
07-15-2013, 02:41 PM
The title is exactly as it says. Car Less in Calgary, meaning be less dependant on cars in Calgary. The challenge was on the extreme side, car-free for a week, hence the "car-free" caption in the trailer and not "car-less".

Mibz
07-15-2013, 02:45 PM
It should be spelled "carless" or even "car-less." "Car less" means something entirely different (as in a car without or minus something). Honestly, this bugged the shit out of me as well. It's a bad play on words :P

ndhal417
07-15-2013, 02:53 PM

Really? I would think anyone making a movie would want to have the title spelled properly. Can you name any other movies that have blatantly misspelled titles? :dunno:

Inglorious Basterds

flipstah
07-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by rage2
That was by far the worst day of the week. Fucking Christmas tree.

http://www.beyond.ca/car-less-in-calgary-day-6-christmas-tree-shopping/21187.html

I remember reading that in the blog. You looked miserable. :(

FixedGear
07-15-2013, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by ndhal417

Inglorious Basterds

^^missing the point, as this is clearly an intentional misspelling.

I thought "car less" was an unintentional misspelling, and was pointing it out to try and help. Apparently, however, forum members are more interested in arguing about it than fixing it. :rofl:

Originally posted by Mibz
Honestly, this bugged the shit out of me as well. It's a bad play on words :P

Yes, it's a terrible play on words. If they actually mean "car less," and not "carless," that's even worse. Why not just call it "Drive Less, Calgary" or something along those lines? As it stands now, it's going to be incorrect no matter how you look at it.

CanmoreOrLess
07-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Where can I buy the soundtrack? Chicken and egg situation with transit in Calgary, build it and they will come. Tax car users in the downtown core like in London. Cheaper to build transit than the massive road, sewer, etc projects to the burbs. The public commute has to be about the equal in terms of time as if you'd had taken your own vehicle. The best solution remains to live in the area you work in if it is possible, live in a smaller home, smaller everything.

rage2
07-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Apparently, however, forum members are more interested in arguing about it than fixing it. :rofl:
I dunno what you want us to fix? It's not our movie, I was just a participant. :dunno:

FixedGear
07-15-2013, 07:03 PM
When is the movie going to be finished? Looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

rage2
07-15-2013, 08:39 PM
No clue. Not even sure where it'll be played, or if it's a download only deal or what.

FullFledgedYYC
07-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Should have Nenshi attend a screening, force him to watch it, and then get his comments. I can't imagine he will stick around long enough for comments when hes made to look like shit though.

rage2
07-17-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm fairly sure that the editing will reflect that I had a positive experience with my car free week. I was OK with my going to work commutes, and really mostly bitched with the inter community commutes.

It's funny, I went to the stampede this year, and took transit. I don't think I would've ever thought of doing that before the car free week challenge! Stupid credit card machine made me pay twice tho, scammers!

ffmf
09-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Looks like it's out September 22

http://vimeo.com/ondemand/carlessincalgary

DeeK
09-21-2013, 12:38 AM
One of the things that made me laugh is that they claim the biggest problem is "60 years of car culture".

Now I've been to many of the major cities across Canada. You can be carless in nearly any major city, EXCEPT CALGARY.

It has nothing to do with car culture, it has everything to do with shitty transit system. It really is that bad. I've been carless in Vancouver for the past 2 years, and I get along perfectly fine here, and no I don't live in the downtown core. I don't even live anywhere near a skytrain station.

FixedGear
09-21-2013, 08:47 AM
^are they also claiming that most transport in calgary prior to the mid-1950s was via foot, horse, or boat? :rofl:

ZenOps
09-23-2013, 07:39 AM
^are they also claiming that most transport in calgary prior to the mid-1950s was via foot, horse, or boat? :rofl:

Well... I believe it was.

Noone had a car before the model T (1908 to 1927) And usually only the rich had one during the 30's depression. So the vast majority of cars started showing up after WWII, mid-50's yes.

Colour Televisions really only showed up in Canada around late 1960's as well.

What really got the auto industry moving was $3 per barrel oil in the 1970's. But arguably, those days will never be seen again.