PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Daily Driver for student

quick_scar
07-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Vehicle Details
Year Any
Make and Model : Any really
Auto or Manual? : Automatic Only Please
Odometer Reading : Would prefer under 200K but would consider in that range. No high mileage vehicles please
Asking Price : $4000 or less

A good friend of mine is looking for a car to get around in. She would prefer a 4 door for ease of taking people with her, and an automatic is a must (has tried Manual. Hates it in the city). Hoping to keep it under $4000, but the cheaper the better. More so looking for something that is not going to fall apart on the road, and something that she can drive daily.

Hopefully there is a beyond member that is willing to help us out and give her a good deal on something. Anyone trying to get rid of anything right now?

PM me details and we can go from there. Thanks everyone!

n1zm0
07-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Pmd

ExtraSlow
07-19-2013, 02:07 PM
While we have a thread like this, I'll jump in. Looking for a city car for the wife. Price range up to $7k. Must be Auto, 2002 or newer, LHD and 4 door. the smaller the better.

bigbadboss101
07-19-2013, 05:11 PM
should be able to get a 2002 and up Civic for that price. There is one that a lady at work is selling. 2002 Civic for $5200. Don't remember but I think the km is under 120k.

ExtraSlow
07-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I'm looking at civic, matrix, vibe, fit, golf/rabbit. Would love the fit, but they are not terribly common, and the few I've seen have some kind of damage.

Canucks3322
07-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Something safe and unstoppable in the Winter, and can be used to pick up pretty much anything (beds, Ikea runs, boxes, etc.) and go camping and offroad with? Something the dogs can run around in?...How bout a '98 Pathfinder??:D

quick_scar
07-23-2013, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
Something safe and unstoppable in the Winter, and can be used to pick up pretty much anything (beds, Ikea runs, boxes, etc.) and go camping and offroad with? Something the dogs can run around in?...How bout a '98 Pathfinder??:D

LIttle to rough on gas I think. I know my pathfinder is a pig.

Keep that messages coming. I have passed along all information so far.

ExtraSlow
07-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Was out looking at a pair of Jettas last night. First one the seats were improperly installed, so the drivers one wouldn't adjust and the rears wouldn't fold. Second one looked pretty nice on the outside, but it was rebuilt status. Plus the guy selling it didn't have the keys "right now." So I couldn't look inside or take it for a drive. No thanks.

Why are all kijiji people such scumbags?

Canucks3322
07-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by quick_scar

LIttle to rough on gas I think. I know my pathfinder is a pig.

Keep that messages coming. I have passed along all information so far.

Rough on gas yes, but the way I see it, the savings are at the time of purchase...for my driving distances per month, I use at most an extra tank of gas at most that if I were to have bought a beater Civic for a few thousand more...so that's less than $100 extra a month = less than an extra $1200/yr ;)

flipstah
07-27-2013, 03:44 PM
I have a 2004 Outlander for sale.

Runs great at 155k km with a new water pump and timing belt at 100k km.

Has cold AC, hot heater, fully loaded with leather and heated seats. Just has hail ding hood but is mechanically pristine with oil changes at every 10k km with Mobil1 synthetic.

Has winter set and summer set for extra.

PM me if you're interested.