PDA

View Full Version : North Korea weapons in Panama.

ZenOps
07-18-2013, 08:28 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-23349353

"The Cuban foreign ministry said in an earlier statement that the vessel was carrying 240 tonnes of "obsolete" defensive weapons - two anti-aircraft missile complexes, nine missiles in parts and spares, two MiG-21bis fighter planes and 15 MiG engines."

Hah! Nice try.

Good luck trying to smuggle it under 10,000 tonnes of sugar.

Technically, its not illegal. But damn shady. Its very possible they were just trying to avoid duty taxes.

dirtsniffer
07-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Cuban weapons in Panama?

:nut:

ZenOps
07-18-2013, 08:52 AM
They are of course North Korean make.

Did someone in Panama order them up, very possible. Or were they simply being transported to New York or some remote island in the Gulf of mexico as a test?

What I want to know is if the fighter jets are fully assembled and in working condition.

It also makes me wonder if this is the first one, or the first one they caught. Being able to smuggle a few hundred to a few thousand tonnes of compressed natural gas would make an awfully big bang anywhere (nevermind a nuke)

All I see is Kim Jong Zimmerman coming for Travon Obama.

Tik-Tok
07-18-2013, 09:41 AM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD/ALLAH/FLYINGSPAGHETTIMONSTER... READ YOUR OWN LINKS!!!!

They were Russian made, owned by Cuba, and being shipped to N.Korea ("for repairs" lol).

clem24
07-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

They were Russian made, owned by Cuba, and being shipped to N.Korea ("for repairs" lol).

I actually found the article a bit confusing as it doesn't explain it very well. So what I am hearing is:

- Empty ship set off from the coast of Russia back in April
- Cross Panama Canal, likely destination is Cuba but crew shuts off transmitter so they can't be tracked
- Ship is loaded with sugar along with undeclared shitty arms
- Ship heads to North Korea through Panama Canal
- Ship and crew are busted
- They make up some shit story about how they parts will be shipped back

But I seem to also get the impression the ship was carrying cargo from N Korea to Cuba.

Seriously though, putting on my tin foil hat: what if, just what if, all this shit is just a smoke screen? What if, N. Korea actually has a very advanced military, and that those pictures they distribute to the world (and this ship shenanigan) is just a big hoax to make us think they're they are 100 years behind?