PDA

View Full Version : I love Calgarian Drivers....

/////AMG
02-22-2004, 04:59 PM
So I was on 52nd street (going towards Pearson) and there was a truck infront of me (a 10-wheeler, not a huge truck, but it was big). So I slow down a and pull into the right lane and I notice a BMW Z4 with the top down infront of the truck. So we were at the light for about a minute or so and I was just checking out the Z4. I notice the 2 cars infront of the Z4 taking off...just as I am about to accelarete, the truck SLAM right into the Z4. Me = :eek: :( :eek:
The driver must have thought the Z4 was accelerating but he ended up rear-ending the Z4. The Z4 just crushed like it was made out of nothing...looked like major damage!

Watch out for SOME truck drivers if they've stopped right behind your car. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

MM99lude
02-22-2004, 05:09 PM
oohh... man that is shitty! stupid truck driver... good thing nobody was seriously hurt, Z4 vs. 10-wheeler = David vs. Goliath!:guns:

GTS Jeff
02-22-2004, 08:14 PM
i always try to keep as much distance between me and trucks as possible. if ure behind them, u get rocks all up in your windshield, if u are in front, they cant stop quick if u do, and if ure on the side, they might not see u while changing lanes/.

Zero102
02-22-2004, 09:01 PM
Man, that sounds like what happened to my friend's wife in edmonton.
She was pulling out of a parking lot, and she stopped at the exit, there was a semi with a huge hood (kenworth or whatever they are) behind her, the truck tried to go, rammed her 17 times before she got out of the car and knocked on the guy's door. He never even saw the car, but he thought his semi had some serious issues with the noise it was making.
Poor Z4

XylathaneGTR
02-23-2004, 12:11 AM
Shit...that fucking sucks!
Was it a 2.5i or a 3.0i?
Sorry to hear about that...

hockeybronx
02-23-2004, 02:20 AM
Hey where I work we always have to deal with truckers.

It's quite a combination

shitty lifestyles + consecutive years of sleep deprivation + extreme pressure of deadlines + the only tail they get is truck stop women + extreme caffiene intake + getting raped at every single traffic light by any car + no educatoin + showering roughly 2-3 times per year.

It's funny how the most important part of our supply and demand economy is the most shit on of any life source.

86max
02-23-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

It's quite a combination

shitty lifestyles + consecutive years of sleep deprivation + extreme pressure of deadlines + the only tail they get is truck stop women + extreme caffiene intake + getting raped at every single traffic light by any car + no educatoin + showering roughly 2-3 times per year.

It's funny how the most important part of our supply and demand economy is the most shit on of any life source.

haha :werd:

C4S
02-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Oh no ... Poor Z 4 ! the owner must get mad ! :(

Z4 is so damn nice ! I love to hv one ! :banghead:

cappachihngo
02-24-2004, 01:15 AM
Ya avoid those guys, they'll take ur car rite off the road:guns:

cycosis
02-24-2004, 12:17 PM
:guns: i hate truck drivers.(larger trucks that is)

QuasarCav
02-24-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

It's quite a combination

Yeah,

You have to watch out for them, because they don't really care
about whats going on around them.

I just try to stay away from 18 wheelers in all situations

T5_X
02-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Sure you run into the occasional bad truck driver, but on average, they are infinitly better drivers than your average car driver.
Now if I rode a bike I'd be scared of em cause they have limited vision as it is.

CKY
02-24-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
i always try to keep as much distance between me and trucks as possible. if ure behind them, u get rocks all up in your windshield, if u are in front, they cant stop quick if u do, and if ure on the side, they might not see u while changing lanes/.
:werd:

and if ur behind them you never know when to stop on a light cause their so damn big its annoying:whipped:

angierideswitme
02-24-2004, 06:48 PM
Most truck drivers are really carefull, they have to be, My dad employes them and one crash and they are gone!:guns:

calgary350z
03-15-2004, 09:54 PM
same thing happened to me, i had bought a brand new ITR in 1999 and was stopped at a light. I was about to go and all of a sudden a semi plowed into me from behind. Half the the car was gone, the driver was new on the job I found out later. The worst part was the car was one week old and to top it off they couldnt find me another one in all of Canada. Worst day of my life

crazydriver
03-16-2004, 12:23 AM
ouch man, i hate those trucks, especailly on the deerfoot and they're tailgating u.. i'm always scared that they'll mow me rite over...

/////AMG
03-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Just saw some dumbass in one of those airport busses (like 30 mins ago), he was backin out in a intersection and everyone stopped for him, the idiot rammed a minivan that wa sbehind him.... idiot

bunos
03-16-2004, 09:06 PM
I had a truck driver nail my car off the road at an intersection when the light turned green and then took off. Nice hit 'n run. I tried to chase but my tire blew. That was a bad day.