PDA

View Full Version : Mod-friendly BMW dealer?

AudiPWR
07-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Hey All,

I was looking to purchase warranty on my newly acquired E92 M3. The car has 36,000km and is in very mint condition. It has an eisenmann race exhaust system on it right now, and I will be adding more modifications as time goes on.

I was wondering if anybody knows a mod-friendly BMW dealer in Calgary that isn't going to bust my balls when taking it in for the initial inspection for warranty, and isn't going to give me a hard time when I take it in if something goes wrong.

All input is appreciated.

Cheers

redline
07-21-2013, 08:45 AM
Since both are owned by the same guy, take your pick...

AudiPWR
07-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Yes, but ultimately I imagine it is under the discretion of the warranty team or mechanics to proceed with the work. There has to be some people on the forums with non-dinan modifications on their BMWS that are still under warranty, and have not had trouble getting work done?

shakalaka
07-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Contact Redlyne_MR2 on the forums. He's a sales guy at one of the BMW dealerships but perhaps he will be able to help you out with your concerns.

SkiBum5.0
07-21-2013, 10:54 AM
I went to Calgary BMW with my modified m3 and didn't have any issues. Bolt on things like exhaust (rear section) should have no bearing on warranty. When you add more mods I would just ask the service advisor (use the same one every time) how he/she feels about

AudiPWR
07-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Okay great! Thanks guys.

Aleks
07-21-2013, 12:03 PM
I believe it is up to BMW corporate to decide in case of major repairs under warranty. If they don't authorize the repair the dealer doesn't get reimbursed for the work. Now for smaller items I'm sure they don't audit or ask questions, but if your transmission need replacing they could look into mods and deny is my quess.

AudiPWR
07-21-2013, 12:12 PM
I've also heard the S65 is one of the most reliable M engines built by BMW.

Would one argue it may not be worth it to warranty the vehicle? I drive my vehicles hard maybe 5% of the time. The rest of the driving I do is extremely conservative. I won't be planning on tracking the car too hard either until I get the S/C kit on it, which will be a couple years and I wouldn't have warranty on it then anyways.

shakalaka
07-21-2013, 12:19 PM
As far as the reliability is concerned, yes they are fairly reliable. However, if something is to break down then you're looking at shit loads of expense. IMO it is essentially a gamble you take. You can make an educated guess about the vehicle by looking into its history and how the previous owner took care of it. At the end of the day, the warranty will give you a peace of mind. It is very likely that nothing will happen to it whether it is in or out of warranty, but there's just no way to tell for sure.

Redlyne_mr2
07-21-2013, 03:25 PM
just pm me man