PDA

View Full Version : Kia

Ridelikeme
02-22-2004, 05:31 PM
hey.. one more thing.. whats wit the new kia Amenta or whatever the fuck its called... ill get a pic on here but it looks like kia is tryin to copy the fronts of the jag', maybe evena bit of bentley or rolls...with a taste of Benz headlights.... i didnt know what type of car it was the first time i caught a glimpse at the front of it.. definately should not be a kia

JayFromQC
02-22-2004, 06:31 PM
imho, I think it looks bad! I don't really like Jags or most Benz, but I dislike Kia even more! I admit not liking that "older-persons" style, but I am only 17 years old and it might change when I get in the 50s :rolleyes:

GT2NV
02-22-2004, 06:57 PM
seen it outside the dealership, id never ever buy that, even if i wanted "luxury on a budget" that thing is hurtin

Skyline_Addict
02-23-2004, 02:58 AM
yikes:eek:
what are they trying to do?

googe
02-23-2004, 08:38 AM
first the kia rio sport pac, now this :)

http://www.autotrader.com.au/storyimages/2334/KiaRioSport-Pac_12.jpg

benyl
02-23-2004, 09:30 AM
You guys do realize that Kia makes the interiors for Mercedes Benz. In exchange, MB helped engineer their engines. (Haha, that is my Korean pride talking). I too would never buy one... but that is what people used to say about the Civic! And we all know how Lexus comes up with their designs.

In other words, everybody does it.

3g4me
02-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Kia makes cheep copys of nice cars.:thumbsdow

t3rry
02-23-2004, 10:14 AM
cant beat thier warranty though

EDIT: ok you cant beat thier warranty in the US (its 10 year 100,000 miles there) its only 5 year 100,000 km here

SinisterProbeGt
02-23-2004, 10:38 AM
I knida like it foe the price i am sure if you de-Badged it and put some nice MB Wheels no one would tell the differance.
Well that is of course till they asked you what kinda car that is then your sccrewed.
Umm "in a soft vioce kinda mulffled" Its a "Cough" Kia "Cough"

86max
02-23-2004, 11:46 AM
ever since the "aaiiieeeeeeeeeeee" commercial, i'll never look at a kia seriously again:(

MM99lude
02-23-2004, 11:57 AM
MB head lights
Jag Grill

at least get your own ideas:thumbsdow

girlRACER
02-23-2004, 12:02 PM
I saw this car awhile ago on the road. Took me awhile to figure out what car it was but I thought it looked really nice. It has a lot of nice touches.

JayFromQC
02-23-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by googe

This sooooo looks like a subaru impreza wrx sti , only worse! much worse..:barf:

gwkwan
02-23-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by googe

kia = poor man's impreza
:barf: :barf: :barf:

20incheyes
02-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by benyl
You guys do realize that Kia makes the interiors for Mercedes Benz. In exchange, MB helped engineer their engines. (Haha, that is my Korean pride talking).

Man you gotta explain this further, I know MB and SSangyong had an alliance. I think Hyundai or Daewoo bought out Ssangyong. IF it was hyundai, which owns Kia, where Ssangyong is part of. then yes they do collaborate. There were Ssangyong cars with MB components (including the engine) there is a model in Korea that pretty much looks like the last gen S class, Chairman I believe. Daimler chrysler owns 14.5% of Hyundai, is that the connection b/c I see no Korean made interior parts in MB's?

benyl
02-23-2004, 06:33 PM
Can't say I know the exact details. I have heard many accounts of the Kia-MB relationship, so I doubt they are rumours.

Did you look for "Made in Korea" tags in your MB? hehe

The whole point of my post was to say that all these "kids" on these forums hack on korean cars yet drive Japanese ones. They should ask their parents what the "shitboxes" were when they were their age.

Korean cars have come a very long way from the Pony.

If you want to talk about copying... look at Lexus.

20incheyes
02-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Did you look for "Made in Korea" tags in your MB? hehe

no but I have taken alot of the parts off the interior for various mods and hadn't seen korea or china on anything only Made in Germany but first the allegmagne version, but I'm sure those computer chips/programs are straight from taiwan.