PDA

View Full Version : Window Tinting...DO NOT USE kijiji poster dave kristjansson

altecer
07-20-2013, 11:34 AM
UPDATE:

He has seen the post and decided to refund me...thank you to all that helped with getting him to finally call me back.

Redlyne_mr2
07-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Why didn't you just use a place like perfect dark or shadow, problem solved? Tint isn't all that expensive to begin with.

bourge73
07-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Guess it wasn't his hair you found

kvg
07-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Buys Mercedes AMG, then goes to Kijiji for tint:dunno:

A3GTiVR6SC
07-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by bourge73
Guess it wasn't his hair you found

:rofl:

Originally posted by kvg

:werd:

altecer
07-20-2013, 11:53 AM
why is a good question why...

I don't really have any excuses...the convenience of having someone do it asap is nice since I don't have a lot of time to do things like that.

Ya may sound stupid, but my work is on call and I don't really have time to plan things so leaving my car at a shop to get tint does isn't something I have time/want to do bc of my work. And to be honest you guys don't know me or my life so you really have no merit to attack me.

Thought I'd just share my experience so that other people won't get fucked over. There's no I in team and that's what a forum is.

AudiPWR
07-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Also avoid the vinyl wrapper named PETER WONG. I tried to get the useless piece of shit to repair some of vinyl on my car. He ended up wasting 4 yards of my vinyl, taking my money, and returning my front bumper RUINED. The c u next tuesday was extremely lucky I didn't beat the piss out of him.

M.alex
07-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by altecer

Thought I'd just share my experience so that other people won't get fucked over. There's no I in team and that's what a forum is.

Typical Mercedes owner intelligence. 1 - using kijiji for services 2- not knowing the basic alphabet

http://static.neatorama.com/images/2012-06/i-in-team.jpg

samo147
07-20-2013, 12:24 PM
pics of his work on your car?

flipstah
07-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Usually if you call tinting shops, they can book you on the spot. Especially if they had cancellations that day.

mr2mike
07-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by kvg

Thinking the same thing. :rolleyes:

You throw in regular at the pumps too because it's cheaper?

pf0sh0
07-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike

Thinking the same thing. :rolleyes:

You throw in regular at the pumps too because it's cheaper?

It wasn't about the money, it was about the convenience.

If he were to use regular, it would be because the 89 Octane button was closer to him than the 91 Octane button. Did you even read the thread????????

mr2mike
07-20-2013, 01:20 PM
I did. I read, cheaped out on a kijiji tinter.
Its not about convenience, I could get my car tinted on Monday at a licensed reputable shop if I need. That's all ready been stated by many here.
Tint shops aren't like tire shops after the first snowfall... Easy to get in and decent hours.

altecer
07-20-2013, 01:30 PM
To the posters who are arguing about stupid stuff about me not going to a shop:

I AM ON TIME CALL 24/7. I do not have a set schedule. It's not easy for me to book a time that I can go into a place and get work done. I've tried it before and it's lead me to cancel every time.

Again, you don't know my life or me personally so why are you trying to tell me something that I can't simply do?

altecer
07-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by pf0sh0

It wasn't about the money, it was about the convenience.

If he were to use regular, it would be because the 89 Octane button was closer to him than the 91 Octane button. Did you even read the thread????????

Thank you! You're a smart one

Of course it's not about money! I drive a friggen $80k C63! Of course it's not about money...it's about time

AudiPWR
07-20-2013, 01:38 PM
It's not like tinting is hard to do. Who cares if he tried to use Kijiji?

Most people who can afford these cars have jobs that require them to work long hours and all week, thus making it hard to allocate the time to bring in the car to the shop between 9-5 on a weekday and pick it up too. A lot of the tinting places don't offer a service in the evenings or weekends.. Big deal, he sought out someone on Kijiji who claimed they can tint a car because it was convenient to him.

kvg
07-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by altecer

Of course it's not about money! I drive a friggen $80k C63! Of course it's not about money...it's about time

I called a shop and they picked up my car from my work, then dropped it off finished later that day. Maybe when you get it redone you can get a shop to do the same to save you some time, but they might charge a bit extra :dunno:

bighead2267
07-20-2013, 03:23 PM
thx for sharing

shakalaka
07-20-2013, 07:06 PM
Speaking of tinting, I need to get my c63 tinted as well. Which shop should I call in Calgary? I will be coming down next weekend so hopefully a shop that can fit me in on Friday or Saturday and get me out in a couple of hours.

jdmXSI
07-20-2013, 07:13 PM
^ ive always had good luck with steve at perfect dark.

Graham_A_M
07-20-2013, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Speaking of tinting, I need to get my c63 tinted as well. Which shop should I call in Calgary? I will be coming down next weekend so hopefully a shop that can fit me in on Friday or Saturday and get me out in a couple of hours.

Shadow or Icon. I've no experience with Perfect dark, but apparently (as per this thread) their great too.

Redlyne_mr2
07-21-2013, 03:27 PM
wasn't trying to bash, I just wanted to know why you didn't use a reputable shop, many of whom do house calls. No need to get excited. :) Glad you got it worked out.

heavyD
07-22-2013, 07:18 AM
So the OP hires a Kijiji mobile window tint installer and expects quality of the real tint shops?

Can't wait for his thread when he complains the corner gas station mechanic messed up his AMG because he's just too busy to take it to the dealer to get work done.:rolleyes:

sidewaysD
07-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Biggest problem with Kijiji...

--> Some of the people who run there so called "Business" are not licensed, have small to limited qualifications, and are not even certified to perform any work on your car.

Why would you hire someone without these basic qualifications to do a business transaction with you?

FraserB
07-22-2013, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by sidewaysD
Why would you hire someone without these basic qualifications to do a business transaction with you?

Because you just spent $80k on a car;)

ROBOCOP
07-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by AudiPWR
Also avoid the vinyl wrapper named PETER WONG. I tried to get the useless piece of shit to repair some of vinyl on my car. He ended up wasting 4 yards of my vinyl, taking my money, and returning my front bumper RUINED. The c u next tuesday was extremely lucky I didn't beat the piss out of him.

More details please. Is this guy on Kijiji? I know there are a couple of ppl on Kijiji that do Vinyl work, perhaps post a link to this guy so we know who to avoid.

G-ZUS
07-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by ROBOCOP

More details please. Is this guy on Kijiji? I know there are a couple of ppl on Kijiji that do Vinyl work, perhaps post a link to this guy so we know who to avoid.

He had the links up but deleted em after the guy agreed to refund him.

Disoblige
07-22-2013, 11:12 AM
What's wrong with using Kijiji for tint on his civic? :D

heavyD
07-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by ROBOCOP

The post below tells you exactly who to avoid and why;

--> Some of the people who run there so called "Business" are not licensed, have small to limited qualifications, and are not even certified to perform any work on your car.

If you want good work that has a warranty get it done from a real shop. If you want to cheap out and take the risk then so be it but don't complain if the workmanship is subpar and good luck getting your issues resolved with a guy that doesn't have a business license.

BokCh0y
07-24-2013, 10:07 AM
OP - Got pics of the shady work done on your said Mercedes?

Graham_A_M
07-24-2013, 10:16 AM

This. It blows my mind people expect quality work from anybody that advertises on Kijiji.

Honestly? Absolutely anybody can post "services" on that site, you dont need to be certified or much of anything.
I too can post Tinting services. That sure as shit doesn't mean Im any good at it, much like the issue with the guy this person used.

There are so many better alternatives then using anybody (or hack) people find from that site. :nut:
Typically the majority of the people there can't run a typical business with a BBB membership. Its great, since short of threads like this, who can really complain about the shotty service they receive from such "professionals"?

Dont get me wrong, there are a few very stand up people on there, but for the most part its quite a dice roll without countless references.

M.alex
07-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Typically the majority of the people there can't run a typical business with a BBB membership. I

You do realize BBB is nothing more than a shakedown scam .... I wouldn't base anything on a BBB rating.