PDA

View Full Version : David Blaine

MM99lude
02-22-2004, 05:48 PM
I have seen the David Blaine steet magic special like 5 times now and i am just blown away every single time! This man is just amazing... he blows my mind!

anybody else seen this stuff?

BigShow
02-22-2004, 05:50 PM
Yeah, just watched it on TLC.. crazy stuff. What's his secrets?? :eek:

MM99lude
02-22-2004, 05:51 PM
I think there is a DVD of his you can buy with all his tricks and it reveals one trick but nothing else!

like levetating... that is just nuts... and the card on the other side of the glass... HOW!!! :dunno:

BigShow
02-22-2004, 05:54 PM
The levitation.. I would reeeeally like to know how he pulls that off.

Shaolin
02-22-2004, 05:56 PM
a buddy's workmate knows all of his tricks.. the levitation trick is just an illusion.. I think it's called the ballduci's levitation trick? if you google that up it should tell you how it's done..

his buddy also did that trick where he creased the card and stuff.. i can't go on explaining it because it takes too long.

MM99lude
02-22-2004, 05:58 PM
he always does it with his back turned to the crowd and the camera never shows his front... maybe thats something?

BigShow
02-22-2004, 06:00 PM
http://www.geocities.com/jhnsnoot/blainelevitation.gif

Thanks Shaolin for the info

found a site here: http://www.geocities.com/jhnsnoot/blainelev1.html

FiveFreshFish
02-22-2004, 06:02 PM
http://goodtricks.net/blainelevitation.gif

http://goodtricks.net/blainelev1.html

FiveFreshFish
02-22-2004, 06:03 PM
Doh! Beat me, BigShow! :)

EK 2.0
02-22-2004, 06:05 PM
Cool...I am gonna hit Stephen Ave now and gets chicks number with my levetaion skills...

MM99lude
02-22-2004, 06:13 PM
well that explains that... but his card tricks are also insane... all the tricks are illusions but he does them so well that you just have to give him mad respect!:bigpimp:

angierideswitme
02-22-2004, 06:55 PM
go watch it again, you can actually see both his feet come off the ground, I can't believe you never saw that trick^ where you lift one of you feet when you were a kid. the shit he does, is just crazy!

lam-boy
02-22-2004, 07:34 PM
haha i know how to do some of his tricks

(the one he pulls on emmitt smith)
levitating one.

Mike09
02-22-2004, 09:03 PM
What about the 1 where he break's the coin off in his mouth.
And ya the levitating trick you can see both feet completely off the ground.

lam-boy
02-22-2004, 09:32 PM
the coin breaking one involves his special type of illusion coin. i believe.

MM99lude
02-22-2004, 09:56 PM
how bout the one where he gets the guy to pick a card then throws the cards against a window and the card that was chosen is stuck to the OTHER side of the glass! how can you explain that??

EG STyLeZ
02-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by MM99lude
how bout the one where he gets the guy to pick a card then throws the cards against a window and the card that was chosen is stuck to the OTHER side of the glass! how can you explain that??

That trick involved someone inside the shop attaching the card to window while the camera wasn't looking at the window.

max_boost
02-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by EG STyLeZ

That trick involved someone inside the shop attaching the card to window while the camera wasn't looking at the window. LOL Now that is a given because it is impossible! It's all illusions! The hand is quicker than the eye:devil:

angierideswitme
02-22-2004, 11:04 PM
every trick he's done on his show has been shown on a website somewhere. The only thing that impresses me is when he was ina glass box with no food for like 40 days in europe!:nut:

rage2
02-22-2004, 11:54 PM
Levitation trick works great in dimly lit areas, such as a bar. Great way to pick up chicks :).

three.eighteen.
02-23-2004, 03:22 PM
levitation works because he does it to alot more ppl than the show implies and he just chops in the clips of the stupid ppl that were impresed by that shit

RiCE-DaDDy
02-23-2004, 03:50 PM
so can anyone explain the levitation? cuz some of u say you can see both of his feet off the ground

Mahk Uno
02-23-2004, 03:50 PM
BLAINE is the authentic devil in disguise....hes got like 3 specials anyone see the one where he took a girls thoughts of like her dead ants name and then a taxi cab drove by out of nowhere with the name on it or some shit....hes for real man...i mean sticking your hand through a window to retrieve a watch that was on the wrist of some chicks hand...and to boot the store was closed no way in or out except the window that did not break. his card tricks are all nuts but there just tricks...but what about the stuff he does other then card tricks like freezing himself for a few days...simply nuts

rage2
02-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Mike09
And ya the levitating trick you can see both feet completely off the ground.
On the show, you see both feet off the ground. Why? Well, in person, when they were filming, they showed the trick twice. First time it was demonstrated with wires, to show how it looks with wires. Then he disconnect the wires and does the "trick", and then they film the reactions.

Thanks to smart editing, they piece together the clip that shows BOTH feet off the ground, and the reaction of the ppl watching the clip. If you rewatch the show, the clips where u see both feet aren't one continuous shot (from both feet up to crowd reaction) while the clips where u see it at an angle pans to the crowd in 1 shot.

Some guy was at the pier when they filmed it and posted it online, saying it was all a scam :). Apparantly, a lot of David Blaine's tricks don't work, and obviously those clips aren't used. Kinda interesting that he doesn't do live shows either hehe.

MM99lude
02-23-2004, 09:35 PM
this is all true... but he is still fun to watch:thumbsup:

CKY
02-24-2004, 02:48 AM
magicial are like good actors with a pair of great hands

Kona9
02-24-2004, 03:15 AM
I have done various of his tricks. Three card monte, card jumps to top of deck. levitation, guessing numbers people are thinking, and the one where what the person wrote on paper gets lit on fire and the answer appears on the skin surface. You would be amazed at how these tricks are done. SLEIGHT OF HAND takes lots of practice but is the base of a majority of all magic. This mixed with illusion.