PDA

View Full Version : Will Online retailers give better prices for large purchases?

lamp_shade_2000
07-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Hey everyone, Looking at making a large purchase online in the next couple months on enjuku, frsport or something similar. Wondering if anyone has had any luck getting a better price for large (few grand) purchases on lots of parts? I've always purchased in town to support local businesses but customer service is horrible these days. Can't even get calls back anymore.

Also any feedback on good sites for price, shipping and service for nissan parts? engine/suspension stuff mostly.

Any insight is appreciated.

snowcat
07-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Here's a sweet idea: E-mail the sites!

Does beyond have to hand hold everyone through every step of life nowadays?

pf0sh0
07-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Yeah, honestly man, email/ call the online stores. You will most likely be able to get a deal. I do it all the time. And most of the better sites have pretty decent customer service and will get back to you asap. Quick Google searches will let you know who are the better online retailers.. in most cases anyways. good luck

Isaiah
07-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by snowcat
Here's a sweet idea: E-mail the sites!

Does beyond have to hand hold everyone through every step of life nowadays?
Responses like this are the reason nobody likes you. Don't reply to the thread if you don't have any valuable input you arrogant idiot.

OP - I have purchased big brake parts online from Zechhousen Racing and was able to negotiate a discount on shipping and various unit prices on large orders.

g-m
07-22-2013, 07:37 PM
Not only do you get a better price you get WAY better customer service. I ordered a radiator online from Georgia and it was here in 3 days (including weekends). I figured I'd give a local business a try and I'm waiting for my O2 sensor I ordered July 5th. I paid for local shipping ($10) because its an hour and a half round trip to the shop to pick it up (I live in Cougar Ridge, they're in the NE). STILL waiting and if I'd ordered it online from 2500km away it wouldve been here weeks ago. Just unreal

Disoblige
07-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Isaiah.. :rofl:

Your last reply..

Originally posted by Isaiah
Do they have asian stucco painters? My house is asian.

hahaha :D

OP, I too have a shitty time finding parts locally. Just make sure they don't ship UPS if it's from the US. Hate UPS and the brokerage fees.

g-m
07-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Fedex or USPS. Its too. Good to buy local and the same price. And the warranty coverage and process is even good!

germanmuscle
07-22-2013, 11:49 PM
Can try the guy I usually deal with. Although its mainly for euro makes he can get anything which is in his line card and other parts via request.

Best customer service I have encountered as well!

www.gtrauto.ca

snowcat
07-23-2013, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah

Responses like this are the reason nobody likes you. Don't reply to the thread if you don't have any valuable input you arrogant idiot.

OP - I have purchased big brake parts online from Zechhousen Racing and was able to negotiate a discount on shipping and various unit prices on large orders.

I don't care what others think.

Just telling it like it is, homeboy.

amear
07-23-2013, 02:53 AM
Give SpeedOptoins a call,, he can get alot of parts for the same price as the websites if not lower!! give him a shot!

simonseys
07-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Everytime I've been to Speed Option they've always tried their best to match online pricing, I've bought a few things off Evasive Motorsports too and they were very pleasant to deal with

lamp_shade_2000
07-23-2013, 03:11 PM
thanks for all the feedback guys! I have been suggested VEX and Speed option, 2 shops I have never considered before so I will give them a shot first as I prefer to support locals first.

Snowcat, I googled a bit before posting and found nothing that corresponds to what I asked and figured I could start a conversation about it. If what I posted bothered you, well, fuck off.

snowcat
07-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by lamp_shade_2000

Snowcat, I googled a bit before posting and found nothing that corresponds to what I asked and figured I could start a conversation about it. If what I posted bothered you, well, fuck off.

I never said google about a company. Try e-mailing them directly about it, durh. Not my fault the easiest solution avoided you. Not need for profanities, bro.

lamp_shade_2000
07-23-2013, 05:09 PM
I work in retail.... there is nothing more aggrevating than people coming in looking at stuff they won't purcahse for 6months plus, which is pointless. I make it a point not to do the same when I am shopping. Of course I will be calling closer to my purchase but figured I would gather tehe opinions of local car enthusiests since thats why we are on this board. And as a result of me not calling I discovered to well reputed shops in town that I will now look into. So at the of teh day would that phone call have given me the local options or other online retailers I have no experience with? NO

I dont understand trolls like you that feel the need to bash threads. If you dont like the conversation, stay out. That simple.

blitz
07-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by snowcat

I never said google about a company. Try e-mailing them directly about it, durh. Not my fault the easiest solution avoided you. Not need for profanities, bro.

Because it's never helpful while negotiating to know what discounts others have managed to get :rolleyes:

You really are an asshole.