PDA

View Full Version : Orange is the new black

Supa Dexta
07-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Been watching this show lately, its not bad

NSFW language

nryWkAaWjKg

...and theres lots of titties in the show.

:love:

shakalaka
07-23-2013, 06:17 PM
Great show! I finished the entire season in a couple of days.

brucebanner
07-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Starting the first episode in 3..2..1..

Marsh
07-23-2013, 07:31 PM
Netflix is killing it so far...House of cards, and now this show. Well done!

Kijho
07-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Finished the whole season in an all nighter marathon - that's how good it is.

Loved Weeds though so it's not a surprise. Bought all 8 seasons, that's how good that was too haha.

Jenji Kohan is an awesome writer.

rookie101
07-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Really well written and great acting! Also Boobs and Lesbian sex.........:D

Kritafo
07-23-2013, 09:13 PM
I watched them all last weekend loved it.

Supa Dexta
07-24-2013, 04:07 AM
My only gripe is the intro is too long.. Most shows nowadays have a quick and painless little blurb..

sputnik
07-24-2013, 06:21 AM
Fantastic show! My wife loves it too.

My only gripe is having to watch Jason Biggs masturbate yet again in this role. I also find Laura Prepon to be pretty weak in terms of her acting.

KRyn
07-24-2013, 08:29 AM
Loving this show, started watching it two weeks ago with the lady friend.

K3RMiTdot
07-24-2013, 08:58 AM
yeah the intro is brutal, but the show is been great, stumbled onto this the other day and have been watching since.

Xtrema
07-24-2013, 10:05 AM
It's great that Netflix turns into HBO.

Too bad the studios have been pulling movies titles out of them that they now have to turn to original content.

Tik-Tok
07-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by rookie101
Really well written and great acting! Also Boobs and Lesbian sex.........:D

My wife asked if I wanted to watch it, I had no idea what it was about, thought it was just another chick show so I declined. Then I walked into the living room in the middle of a fisting scene :rofl:

sputnik
07-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
It's great that Netflix turns into HBO.

Too bad the studios have been pulling movies titles out of them that they now have to turn to original content.

I think the studios will eventually come back to Netflix.

The problem is that everyone now wants to stream media. In the US there is Amazon, Yahoo, Apple, Netflix, Hulu and other PPV/rental movie sites. So lots of the newer streaming sites are offering premium $$$ to get exclusive content deals to attract more subscribers which takes away the ability for Netflix to license certain shows/movies.

Eventually people will get tired of having 5-10 different accounts just to watch everything they want to. It is only a matter of time before some merge with others or others just close altogether. Netflix probably has the best chance of survival given the international coverage it currently has.

Myrrinda
07-24-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm so obsessed with this show, I went and bought Piper's book, since it's based on her memoir. The intro is way too long, and kind of grosses me out. I hate close ups of people's mouths, haha. I just skip to 1:20.

Did anyone else catch the American Pie reference Jason Biggs made in the first episode?

Xtrema
07-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

I think the studios will eventually come back to Netflix.

The problem is that everyone now wants to stream media. In the US there is Amazon, Yahoo, Apple, Netflix, Hulu and other PPV/rental movie sites. So lots of the newer streaming sites are offering premium $$$ to get exclusive content deals to attract more subscribers which takes away the ability for Netflix to license certain shows/movies.

Eventually people will get tired of having 5-10 different accounts just to watch everything they want to. It is only a matter of time before some merge with others or others just close altogether. Netflix probably has the best chance of survival given the international coverage it currently has.

No, studios want Netflix to die because it breaks their profit model. They prefer people pirating because at least they can sue their assess off.

shakalaka
07-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Myrrinda
I'm so obsessed with this show, I went and bought Piper's book, since it's based on her memoir. The intro is way too long, and kind of grosses me out. I hate close ups of people's mouths, haha. I just skip to 1:20.

Did anyone else catch the American Pie reference Jason Biggs made in the first episode?

Haha about the web cam and pubes shaving incident when he was talking to her about not keeping secrets.

kertejud2
07-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by K3RMiTdot
yeah the intro is brutal, but the show is been great, stumbled onto this the other day and have been watching since.

It's from the creators of Weeds who just can't shake the Showtime 'excessively long title sequence' blight that all their shows seem to have.

Tik-Tok
07-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by kertejud2

It's from the creators of Weeds who just can't shake the Showtime 'excessively long title sequence' blight that all their shows seem to have.

I've been rewatching Scrubs on netflix... best intro ever, I think it might be 12 seconds.

Dexter is really bad too, super long intro, followed by 2 minutes of what happened in previous episodes.

spikerS
07-24-2013, 05:40 PM
watched like 4 episodes last night.

Was cool to see laura Prepon's boobs in the opening scene of the first show, it got really slow pretty quick, and I lost interest.

4/10

K3RMiTdot
07-24-2013, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by kertejud2

i enjoyed watching the beginning of weeds, because they would incorporate the credits and everything, into random things that were going to be in the episode

DJ Lazy
07-28-2013, 10:23 PM
That was one hell of a way to end the season! :eek:

JustinMCS
07-28-2013, 11:55 PM
I loved it. Watched all 13 hours of it this weekend. Can't WAIT for season 2.

Tania99
07-29-2013, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by JustinMCS
I loved it. Watched all 13 hours of it this weekend. Can't WAIT for season 2.
I like this show too.

funkedelic2
07-29-2013, 04:58 AM
The intro is long but it's a 55 minute show and not 42 or whatever it works out to be on tv, so I can live with the longer intro. Just fast forward through it.

As for the show, it's well written and has a lot of depth. It can be slower at times but there's enough comedy and back stories to keep it more then interesting. Its a pretty solid show overall. I have 4 episodes left and then I know I'm going to be left wanting more.

Thank god for breaking bad around the corner :D

FraserB
08-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Just finished the 12th episode tonight. :nut:

Even though I haven't finished the season, I can't wait for next season!

finboy
08-07-2013, 07:18 PM
It's a good show but I find I care more about what the supporting cast is doing than the main character, she is boring as hell :dunno:

funkedelic2
08-08-2013, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by finboy
It's a good show but I find I care more about what the supporting cast is doing than the main character, she is boring as hell :dunno:

I agree, I think she's interesting enough but she's just an idiot. She burns bridges, she doesn't know when to let it go and she's easily influenced and weak. She reminds me of Carrie from the show Homeland.

jsn
08-10-2013, 11:39 AM

:werd: She's supposed to be the protagonist but she comes off as a huge dumb bitch. Pretty decent show though.

Tik-Tok
08-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by jsn

:werd: She's supposed to be the protagonist but she comes off as a huge dumb bitch. Pretty decent show though.

I think that's the point of her character. A lot of shows are about the barely likeable protagonist, and how all the people around them have to deal with them.

shakalaka
08-10-2013, 11:56 AM
When is the next season coming?

Seth1968
08-10-2013, 11:59 AM
I just finished watching the whole season. I thought it started a bit slow, but I soon became hooked. Brilliant characters, acting, and writing.

- What's with the chicken? Was it her imagination? If not, how did it get over the fence? I doubt there's a hole in the fence that has simply gone unnoticed.

- Crazy eyes cracks me up.

- Poussey looks and talks like a teenage black guy. lol

DJ Lazy
08-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
When is the next season coming?

Season 2 began filming in late July in New York and will premiere in 2014.:thumbsdow

2014 is so far away!

spikerS
06-06-2014, 08:40 PM
SEASON 2 LAUNCHED TODAY POOCHIES!

you will get my poochies reference in the first episode. :rofl:

finboy
06-09-2014, 11:08 PM
This season really picked up by adding more of the story for the supporting cast, and basically dropping piper's. I hope they carry that on going forward, piper might be one of the worst characters in television history.

n1zm0
06-10-2014, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by spikerS
SEASON 2 LAUNCHED TODAY POOCHIES!

I'm surprised they dropped the entire season at once, I thought it'd be like Dusk til Dawn where they release one every week. All the better though, now we can binge watch Season 2 after GoT is over.

benyl
06-10-2014, 09:03 AM
This season really picked up by adding more of the story for the supporting cast, and basically dropping piper's. I hope they carry that on going forward, piper might be one of the worst characters in television history.

Now that Vause is gone, it's kinda boring.

We are on episode 4. Soso's tits aren't bad. haha

Seth1968
06-10-2014, 10:31 AM
I just marathoned season 2.

It's even better than season 1, and the last couple of minutes of the season finale is a huge F ya!

finboy
06-10-2014, 10:37 AM
I'm wondering if the show has a "actress must show her boobs" clause, it's running pretty consistent every time they introduce a character

I loved CO o'neill's banjo-uke songs "this is a song about my mom and dad, and the divorce they should have had"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JustinMCS
06-10-2014, 02:09 PM
yeah, watched the entire season this weekend, really well done show. one of my favs for sure. cant wait for season 3 in a year now! they're already filming it.

Seth1968
06-10-2014, 02:15 PM
I'm wondering if the show has a "actress must show her boobs" clause, it's running pretty consistent every time they introduce a character

I loved CO o'neill's banjo-uke songs "this is a song about my mom and dad, and the divorce they should have had"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The way in which he dealt with the nuns was brilliant.

I never saw that coming!

lasimmon
06-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Finished up the second season last night. Overall I thought season 2 was not nearly as good as season 1. I liked how they developed more of the other characters and not focused on Piper as much. But I just can't shake this feeling that I was let down and it could have been so much better.

403Gemini
06-16-2014, 05:14 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed season 2, and the banjo-uke was fucking gold.

Also "RUN NUNS!!!" made me lose my shit

Kijho
07-05-2016, 07:25 AM
Bump from the dead. Anyone watch the latest season? I just finished and liked it better than previous season. Them cliff hanger's every single episode.. :eek:

Buster
07-05-2016, 07:52 AM
They still make this show?

95EG6P
07-05-2016, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Kijho
Bump from the dead. Anyone watch the latest season? I just finished and liked it better than previous season. Them cliff hanger's every single episode.. :eek:
yeah i like this season it was good

Mitsu3000gt
07-05-2016, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Kijho

Ended up watching about half of it with the GF. Average. The way Pussay (sp) died was an absolute joke and that would never have killed someone. Otherwise not bad.

ZenOps
07-05-2016, 10:51 AM
:thumbsup:

n1zm0
07-05-2016, 12:52 PM
While it was pretty eventful, I feel that this season is way more lacking vs how Wentworth builds up from season to season, but definitely better than last season though. But OITNB does have a good way of keeping wanting more GoT style.

LadyLuck
07-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
While it was pretty eventful, I feel that this season is way more lacking vs how Wentworth builds up from season to season, but definitely better than last season though. But OITNB does have a good way of keeping wanting more GoT style.

I have yet to get into Wentworth, I guess I enjoy the comedy side of OITNB more. Much better than last season, although the last episode was pretty lame...