PDA

View Full Version : Need a dentist

KuruptEX
07-24-2013, 06:02 PM
The title pretty much sums up what I need. Well... my wife has her wisdom teeth coming in, and need a dentist. I have a nice insurance coverage. I'm located in crescent heights so somewhere relatively near there.

supe
07-24-2013, 06:20 PM
I recommend Alpha Dental in Chinook Mall. My work deals with a lot of dentist offices and they are by far the best in terms of service. It has a very clean and spa like atmosphere. Being in a mall is also kind of nice too.

sexualbanana
07-24-2013, 08:46 PM
There are a couple dentists on Beyond.

Jeff Type-R has a practice in Ogden
B18C (full disclosure: he's my brother) is located in the Merchant Law building (formerly Deerfoot 17) on Deerfoot and 17 Ave SE.
I think his name is VW_Evo (??) and I think he's a dentist too.

The_Rural_Juror
07-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Jeff Type R = GTS Jeff?

K3RMiTdot
07-24-2013, 09:07 PM
I went to brisebois dental care in brentwood. went pretty well, i still have to take my top 2!

A790
07-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Jeff ast Friends and Family Dental near Ogden would be my recommendation :)

sexualbanana
07-24-2013, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
Jeff Type R = GTS Jeff?

Yup. Old school name. lol

78si
07-24-2013, 10:42 PM
http://www.evolutiondental.ca/dentists
:)

roopi
07-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
There are a couple dentists on Beyond.

I think his name is VW_Evo (??) and I think he's a dentist too.

VWEvo is the beyond name and yes he is a dentist. Definately a great person to go with.

jdmXSI
07-24-2013, 11:29 PM
I second B18C- a couple years ago my wisdom teeth were coming in side ways and he referred me to dr. Kroech(sp?) for extraction. Since then I have been back for regular cleanings and all the staff I have dealt with were very friendly and professional.

Hallowed_point
07-24-2013, 11:53 PM
I highly, highly recommend you see Dr.Wade Foster @ Arriva 1111 Olympic Way SE. Him and his team and unbelievable.

slowy
07-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Dr. Kellen Smith
Edge of downtown, young friendly staff and environment. Yet unbelievably professional and explains everything.
http://www.welcomesmile.ca/

zipdoa
07-27-2013, 04:54 PM
+1 VWEvo - Dr Dhesi @ Ranchlands Dental. He's the man.

max_boost
07-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Can't go wrong with all 3 OG Beyonders. Pick one based on distance then haha

bleu
07-27-2013, 06:43 PM
I'm thinking of changing dentists as I'm typing here with half a root canal complete bc my dentist couldn't find my other canal. I am most displeased. :(

D'z Nutz
07-27-2013, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
B18C (full disclosure: he's my brother) is located in the Merchant Law building (formerly Deerfoot 17) on Deerfoot and 17 Ave SE.

Yup, this is my dentist and I'd recommend him :thumbsup:

revelations
02-13-2014, 10:36 AM
BUMP ******

Looking for a dentist to do some specialty work - roots etc. Want someone with experience AND also someone who uses lasers in their office for deep root work, etc. Lasers are amazing tools, but I understand they wont replace a drill.

I am willing to travel out of town as well if it means better rates (as I plan on spending $5-10k in the next few years).

Also, CERC crowns or gold? I have been told conflicting stories of both in terms of which is meant as a "lifetime" crown.

Jeff TYPE R
04-15-2014, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by revelations

Also, CERC crowns or gold? I have been told conflicting stories of both in terms of which is meant as a "lifetime" crown. CEREC is just the fancy 3D printer that mills ceramic crowns. As far whether ceramic or gold is better, most dentists will tell you that gold is the gold standard and has the best track record for lasting a long time. But with that said, modern ceramics have come a long way and can be really good too. But for most people, the main consideration is that they want something that looks like a normal tooth, so the decision is easy - ceramic.

Either way, there's no such thing as a lifetime crown, and I would exercise caution with any health practitioner that makes promises about any medical procedure or product that lasts for life.

locust
04-15-2014, 01:41 AM
I go to brisebois dental as well.
I did my crown there very thorough and they had some crazy mri xray type machine.

mr2mike
04-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by supe
I recommend Alpha Dental in Chinook Mall. My work deals with a lot of dentist offices and they are by far the best in terms of service. It has a very clean and spa like atmosphere. Being in a mall is also kind of nice too.
Wife uses these guys too. I don't get the hand or foot massage while getting a dental cleaning?!?

I use this guy. Dr. Freidberg
http://www.healthfirstdental.com/

More into the natural side and doesn't use metal based fillings.

blueToy
04-15-2014, 11:03 AM
Been going to this guy for almost twenty years now. Knows his stuff and he's a really good person. Second generation Dentist and is very fluent in spanish ( he's from Peru ) if that helps anybody.

Dr. Luis Castro
Pacific Dental in the Chinook Centre Mall