PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bodies or MRU ?

VVV JDM VVV
07-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Hey fellas,

I just moved to Calgary for work and im living in Marda Loop. Im trying to lock down a new gym. Anybody have experience with Pro Bodies or MRU ? What are the hours like from 5-7 am ? Hows the equipment ? Hows the scenery ? Any info on these 2 would be much appreciated ! Or if you have any other suggestions for the Marda Loop area..

403ep3
07-25-2013, 12:46 PM
- :thumbsup: for women at the MRU gym
- big gym
- lots of equipment
- women
- you can do pretty much any workout
- track upstairs
- pool
- women

I don't know anything about Pro Bodies

VVV JDM VVV
07-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks man, good to hear. Do you know how busy MRU is early in the morning ?

403ep3
07-25-2013, 12:54 PM
When I went there for school it wasn't too bad.

The gym is large enough that if you went from 5-8am you wouldn't have a problem finding a bench/machine/treadmill.

During the school year it gets busy as hell from lunch time to 4ish.

AudiPWR
07-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Probodies if your serious about lifting..MRU is a nice gym, but you get too many douchebags doing curls on the squat racks.

The scenery aint great, but they have all the equipment you'll need.

KRyn
07-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by AudiPWR
Probodies if your serious about lifting..MRU is a nice gym, but you get too many douchebags doing curls on the squat racks.

The scenery aint great, but they have all the equipment you'll need.

Completely disagree. There are so many body builders and juice monkeys running around Pro bodies. MRU has nice Olympic lifting equipment and hosts a number of quality lifters (last time I was there at least). If you are looking for a gym with good equipment for strength training MRU for sure. If you just want a gym to go and do a typical bro workout either will do. I will say that the amount of eye candy at the MRU gym alone is worth the membership fees.

CanmoreOrLess
07-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Having been to both, I have nothing to add that has not been posted already. Just consider which gym you are going to go to day in-day out? Having a 15-30 minute drive is sometime reason enough not to haul your ass down to the gym on a cold winter morning. Something to be said for eye candy, to each their own. For my 10 cents, I'd go with the closer place to my home if working out is the goal, to MRU for perving.

dirtsniffer
07-25-2013, 02:40 PM
If you are looking for weights probodies has them. barbells up to 150 if i remember. not much cardio equipment and it's old. but there is free parking if you far; you'll probably have to pay or walk for parking at MRU. great gym though. I amnot sure if they are even open at 5, it might be 6.

Hallowed_point
07-25-2013, 02:57 PM
I was a Pro Bodies member for ~ 6 years. It's ridiculously busy during peak times. They don't tend to maintain the place very well. For example, the roof has had multiple leaks for months. I'd say go for MRU...there is next to no eye candy at PB..unless you count the washed up 40 + year olds with silicone airbags. I'll also echo earlier comments about juice monkey/gang banger types @ PB's.

dirtsniffer
07-25-2013, 03:12 PM
I saw you driving yesterday (red camaro with beyond sticker?) on elbow and glenmore in the afternoon rush. I thoght you looked familiar, I worked at PB for 2 years a couple years back.

:nut:

Hallowed_point
07-25-2013, 03:16 PM
^^Haha yep that would be me! Were you in that black E36 M3?