PDA

View Full Version : Car broken into overnight - top of springbank hill

nzwasp
07-29-2013, 07:38 AM
Wierd thing is the garage door opener was in the car, the guy spilled the contents of the glove box all over the seat but took nothing not even our gps unit. The only thing he stole was my tim hortons card with $4 left on it. I had easily $1000 worth of baby stuff in the car and the garage and I guess he just wanted the quick grab, and perhaps he was thirsty.

spikerS
07-29-2013, 08:00 AM
yeah, they hit my truck a few days ago too.

Left Baygirl's passport, and LG smartphone, my dash cam, change in the door everything was still there, even the DVD screens on the headrests.

Not sure what they were lookin for?

:dunno:

Boosted131
07-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Maybe it's one of those trolls who take nothing, just to leave you wondering for the next few years wtf did the guy take!

e31
07-29-2013, 11:36 AM
:puts on tinfoil hat:
It's probably your insurance provider, check your obd port for a tracking device.

clem24
07-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by spikers
yeah, they hit my truck a few days ago too.

Left Baygirl's passport, and LG smartphone, my dash cam, change in the door everything was still there, even the DVD screens on the headrests.

Not sure what they were lookin for?

:dunno:

Holy shit... Trying not to judge, but why the fuck would she leave her passport in the car?! Unless we're travelling (at which point they are usually on a person or locked in a safe somewhere), we store ours in our safety deposit box...

sillysod
07-29-2013, 04:18 PM
Junkies probably looking for coins etc.

When they are crashing a lot of times they won't bother getting things they need to sell, just money so they can get shit in their veins as quick as possible.

The guys that take stuff are more "career" types than the junkies just looking for money to keep from coming down.

I had a meth addict living 4 doors down. He robbed some banks and got caught but posted bail. He then didn't have a car or anything so he would go around and break into peoples cars at night looking for ashtray change.

nzwasp
07-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Wierd I had $5 note and about $10 in change just sitting there next to the tim hortons card and they didnt take that. However now that ive thought more about what was in the car I think they took my old crooked glasses that were sitting in a case on the dash.

HomespunLobster
07-29-2013, 05:49 PM
Had this happen, buddy stole my smokes, electric razer, my Mio, and my cell phone charger

Left 3 gift cards, gas cards, visa, my zippo heater, headlamp, cellphone booster, change, and a bunch of valuable items.

baygirl
07-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Holy shit... Trying not to judge, but why the fuck would she leave her passport in the car?! Unless we're travelling (at which point they are usually on a person or locked in a safe somewhere), we store ours in our safety deposit box...
It is totally okay to judge me on this one lol. I know it was stupid to leave it in the truck. I think it's the Newfoundlander in me, I am just really naive in some ways...I go for walks at 2am, leave my house doors unlocked and confront drugged out thieves at work, totally trusting that nothing bad will happen lol

Cos
07-29-2013, 06:06 PM

luxor
07-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Same thing happened to me, just took my floor mats though :dunno: