PDA

View Full Version : CGA Students

Kanto_Terrors
07-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Well, it's that time of the year when we need to renew our student membership with CGA. One quick question:

Is it just me or is there anyone else here that is not particularly fond of CGA for having to charge students fees for: annual student fee, national exam fee, re-grade fee, etc. I get reimbursed for all of these fees, but I what about those students that have to pay for their own?

aiyahhh....just want to vent.

silvercivicsir
08-01-2013, 11:20 AM
The NFP association needs to make money some how...

nickyh
08-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Kanto_Terrors

One calls it the price of admission. Do you really expect people to re-grade your exam for free or to not charge a national exam fee when they don't operate their own classrooms to have pay SAIT and MRU a fee to use a classroom that SAIT could actually use for a course for their own paying students?

Going through the program, yes it drove me crazy, but like you said, your company pays for it so who cares?
Don't like the fees, don't do to the program.

When you are out in the working world you will be compensated nicely for having those letters behind your name so short term pain = long term gain.

And the students who shell out of their own pocket, they get education tax credits to apply to future earnings.

Edit: and just wait until you have to pay the member dues. That's a real eye opener and you still have to maintain PD Credits which means more classroom time and fees.

I know you are just wanting to vent - but there is nothing you can do about it if you want to become a part of a professional association.

403ep3
08-01-2013, 12:18 PM
I paid my CMA fees yesterday =( Could have bought a tv with the funds :cry:

austic
08-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3
I paid my CMA fees yesterday =( Could have bought a tv with the funds :cry:

Yup, but paying it with the CC to get the points and getting reimbursed is pretty sweet.

woodywoodford
08-01-2013, 01:35 PM
How much are CGA/CMA fees? CFA has em too but from what I understand they're around the $500/year range

Myrrinda
08-01-2013, 02:31 PM
I think my CA fees are aroung $1200/year

403ep3
08-01-2013, 02:39 PM
CMA candidate fees are 483 or something like that

Kanto_Terrors
08-09-2013, 10:07 AM
I would've done the CMA program, but their last intake is fall semester of this year. I don't get my degree after winter semester of 2014.