PDA

View Full Version : Leasee is splitting rent in her basement suite...

CMW403
08-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Iv got a friend going through some issues with the girl he recently moved in with. Going into this situation he expected to pay exactly half the rent at the end of the month after he moved in. Once he moved in the girl immediately rushes him for rent. She's says he has to prepay his rent every month. His name is not on the lease he is not financially linked to this building at all.

Is this normal? Or should he tell his gf she's out to lunch and pay her at the end of the month like normal people?

Darkane
08-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Piitb

lint
08-01-2013, 12:46 PM
usually you pay rent a month in advance

-relk-
08-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by CMW403
Iv got a friend going through some issues with the girl he recently moved in with. Going into this situation he expected to pay exactly half the rent at the end of the month after he moved in. Once he moved in the girl immediately rushes him for rent. She's says he has to prepay his rent every month. His name is not on the lease he is not financially linked to this building at all.

Is this normal? Or should he tell his gf she's out to lunch and pay her at the end of the month like normal people?
My suggestion, give her a post dated cheque dated for the end of the month. :dunno:

FraserB
08-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by lint
usually you pay rent a month in advance

This. His August rent would be due on or before August 1, depending on his agreement.

BTW: This is how normal people do it.

CMW403
08-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Ok thanks guys.

Kinda sucks because when I piitb I can't just pack up and leave. I have to stay for a month afterwards to get my money's worth. Fuck.

BerserkerCatSplat
08-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

This. His August rent would be due on or before August 1, depending on his agreement.

BTW: This is how normal people do it.

Yup, when I was a renter it was always paid at the beginning of the month.

lint
08-01-2013, 01:02 PM
"I have a friend..." :poosie:

JfuckinC
08-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by lint
"I have a friend..." :poosie:

:rofl:

bmeier
08-01-2013, 01:47 PM
never heard of paying after the month. I always get the money first in case they try to bounce a check or screw me over.

Maxx Mazda
08-01-2013, 02:00 PM
You always pay the month before.

triplep
08-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Shouldn't they have discussed this prior to him moving in? Seems like this relationship is bound to end in disaster, might as well get out before he invests any more money in the relationship.