PDA

View Full Version : Vegetable Recipes?

eiysa101
08-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Need some ideas for simple sides and can never get enough veg into our diets.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts
400 oven
toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and cook for 35-40 min.

Grilled Romaine Lettuce.
Halve the lettuce heads, bit of olive oil and sprinkle steak seasoning or salt/pepper and medium grill for 5 minutes.

Kale Chips,
just wash, trim off leaves and 350' oven until crisp. salt as needed.

Xamim
08-01-2013, 01:43 PM
I do the same thing with Brussels sprouts, but add in some cranberries and walnuts.

Toss slices of zucchini with oil, salt, pepper and a bit of lemon juice and grill on the BBQ. :drool:

sputnik
08-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Asparagus

- Toss in butter/lemon juice/sea salt
- Roast in oven ~20 minutes at 350 until done

Cauliflower

- Toss in vinagrette style dressing (or anything acidic really)
- Roast in oven for 40 minutes at 425 until tender and browned
- Toss in fresh grated parmesan cheese at the end (optional)

Green/Yellow Beans

- Steam from fresh or frozen (NOT canned) until tender
- Toss in salt, pepper and butter

Dave P
08-01-2013, 02:21 PM
I like to toss my Brussels Sprouts in Balsamic right after roasting.

hurrdurr
08-01-2013, 02:32 PM
I like to fry Broccolini with lemon juice, salt pepper and vegetable seasoning

diamondedge
08-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Cauliflower Rice

Grate/Food Process cauliflower florets into small rice sized granules
Meanwhile, saute garlic/onion in pan until soft
Throw in cauliflower
Cook for 5-7 on medium until you reach desired softness, stir/toss often
Salt and Pepper to taste

dirtsniffer
08-06-2013, 03:32 PM
I've been enjoying roasted cauliflower as of late

a social dsease
08-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Kale + Other Veggies

Remove the kale greenery from the stems (stems are hard) and steam for about 5 minutes. While kale is steaming heat some canola oil in a wok and chop the other veggies. After steaming toss the kale into the wok, and add other veggies. Some that I've used are broccoli, bokchoy, baby corns etc. Also add some garlic. None of these other veggies need to be precooked or anything, just the kale as its pretty tough. Douse liberally in soy sauce and stir fry in the wok for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.

CapnCrunch
08-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Grab some broccoli, peppers, mushrooms and red onions, toss them lightly with some olive oil, a dash of salt, then throw them on the bbq in a grilling basket for about 20 minutes.

Grilled broccoli tastes amazing.

CanmoreOrLess
08-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Does not keep overnight as humidity finds it way in. Keep an eye on the edges turning brown to black.... you've gone too long if they go black. Goes real well with beer, due to the salt (go light, you can always add more).

Baked Kale Chips

Prep Time: 10 Minutes

Cook Time: 10 Minutes

Ready In: 20 Minutes

Servings: 6

INGREDIENTS:
1 bunch kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon seasoned salt, or sea salt.

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.

2. With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.

3. Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.

bleu
08-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch
Grab some broccoli, peppers, mushrooms and red onions, toss them lightly with some olive oil, a dash of salt, then throw them on the bbq in a grilling basket for about 20 minutes.

Grilled broccoli tastes amazing.

:werd:

Vegetables are huge in my household so we often try different things.

I often make broccoli casseroles ...broccoli, cream cheese and milk with s&p, grated cheese and bread crumbs on the top, bake in oven and its done.

Or boil broccoli and cauliflower, set aside and make a cream sauce using a basic roux and chez whiz. My MIL does hers differently, combining the broccoli and cauliflower with chicken stock, grated cheese and curry powder....omg delicious!

Roasted golden beets are good too. Cube them, toss with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste and roast in the oven for about 40 mins.