PDA

View Full Version : What boost controller ?

legendboy
09-21-2002, 11:34 PM
Which one is the best?

Profec A

Profec B

Blitz DSBC Spec S

Blitz SBC DC

AVC-R (first gen)

AVC-D

rage2
09-21-2002, 11:42 PM
I just tested a Profec B vs AVC-R today on my 944 turbo. The AVC-R was much faster at preventing overboost (my turbo spools from 0psi to 28psi reaaaly fast so it's tough to control).

legendboy
09-22-2002, 12:00 AM
Which avc-r? the new one or the older one? For sale?? I'd buy spyguy's profec B but I can buy it new for less than he wants for it used.

5.9 R/T
09-22-2002, 12:48 AM
Why not just build your own if your looking to save money. Easy and very cheap to do. I can recommend a place to get all the hoses connectors and a valve from if your interrested.

HOK
09-22-2002, 02:20 AM
SBC-ID!!!! dual solenoids its awesome... i have it and works like a charm...

shadowz
09-22-2002, 04:32 AM
Avcr is great but it costs almost triple the Profec Bs price but it also is a good boost controller

Maxt
09-22-2002, 07:33 AM
Don't even bother with a Profec A, I have one, its more trouble than its worth sometimes.. Greddy is coming out with a new one real quick that has datalogging capability, ties in with their guages, and the emanage as well.. Has a LCD readout and remote control as well..
There is a flash presentation on it, on the Greddy/Trust Japan website..Maxt

DSM Power
09-23-2002, 07:31 PM
Profec B.

finboy
09-23-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
Why not just build your own if your looking to save money. Easy and very cheap to do. I can recommend a place to get all the hoses connectors and a valve from if your interrested.

really?

i need to keep my car on a strict budget. what are your recomendations?

rage2
09-24-2002, 12:14 AM
You can build your own with parts from Big Al's Aquarium Supplies :D.

spyguy
09-24-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
Which avc-r? the new one or the older one? For sale?? I'd buy spyguy's profec B but I can buy it new for less than he wants for it used.

Dont mean to jack your thread but if you can find stuff cheaper for yourself then go for it...stop complaining about people's prices...if its out of your price range then just pass or make an offer...don't involve ME in your discussions...I paid almost 600 for this unit and I have a receipt to prove it...

btw if you can find one on ie ebay go for it...just hope you dont get something you'll regret...go ahead buy it from ebay..lets see what you get... want warranty service from the states? i'd like to see that....The cheapest I've seen this unit from a reputable company was about 307 USD (black unit) so 307 X 1.58 exchange x1.07 tax x 1.06 duty + shipping + insurance...thats close to 600cdn

here (http://www.gruppe-s.com/Greddy/greddyelec.htm)

That's it!

legendboy
09-24-2002, 09:08 AM
o k...I wasn't hating on you! I was just making a comment! And yes, local warranty is a good thing, thats why I am actually considering buying yours after all!:)

ls/vtec-crx
09-24-2002, 11:04 AM
You can go to home depot and buy a compressor regulator for $30. It works great Greg was using on his turbo Corolla which was running 15psi. It's in the compressor accessories area.

If you have the money go with the AVC-R if not go with the Profec B.