PDA

View Full Version : Fitzone

Smazz
08-05-2013, 04:04 PM
I' ve heard a few threads about gyms in the SE area of Calgary, Has anyone recently been to fitzone? Their website seems to have been taken down. How much are you paying?

P,s Heard they were bought by NSD.

sexualbanana
08-05-2013, 09:23 PM
I used to be a member at Fitzone and I liked the place. When they got bought out by NSD, I opted not to go back and decided to go to Talisman.

I went back during the floods while Talisman was closed, and it's certainly been cleaned up and everything is a lot glossier. Some of the old members from Fitzone have been turned off by the attitudes and number of younger high school guys that train there in their sport groups.

Their rates are pretty set. I'm not sure what the wiggle room, if any, there is

Tomaz
08-07-2013, 10:05 AM
I go to the Douglasdale NSD. Since the takeover, the equipment is nicer and better laid out. There seems to be more equipment too, so you are not waiting around as much.

There are a lot of highschool kids there for sport programs/training, but I haven't had a problem with them. They just keep to themselves and are normally being bossed around by the trainers.

As for pricing, no idea what rates are. I signed up when it was fitzone, and have a "special" rate. I hope they allow me to keep it when the contract is up! lol

shtock99
08-07-2013, 05:00 PM
I go to Douglasdale as well and I pay $21 every 2 weeks

Smazz
08-08-2013, 05:58 AM
Thanks guys! Appreciate the responses. I live in Douglasdale so its between Goodlife on 130th / Mckenzie or fitzone.

Is fitzone a busy place? When do you guys go to workout?

Tomaz
08-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Not as busy as Goodlife, that's for sure! Just ask A790 how ridiculous it gets there. Anytime I have gone with him, the place is retardedly full.

I go around 4:30-5. I have never needed to wait for a machine as there is usually multiples of everything there - 8 cages, 5 or 6 benches, 2 full dumbbell sections. Again, never waited for anything.

Smazz
08-08-2013, 12:03 PM
I hear there's high school kids at Fitzone though, but sounds like a quieter gym than Goodlife.

Looking to workout at around 4:00- 5 or 6.

Whens the slow times?

shtock99
08-08-2013, 10:12 PM
There is lots of younger kids but they're usually working out with the trainers and don't disturb anyone.. plus hockey season starts right away so they wont be there as much. I usually go at 730 or later unless im off work before 3. And like said above they have tons of equipment so you wont be waiting for anything.

Phl0xed
08-09-2013, 03:46 PM
I can second how ridiculously busy Goodlife McKenzie Towne gets. Only a few blocks from my house, so its typically the most convenient when I'm not at World Health with Warcaster. Haven't tried out the 130th location yet, but I can assume that it's probably better than McKenzie Towne, as it used to be Gold's not that long ago. I've been to most Goodlife locations across the city and they all seem to be the busiest gyms I've ever been in. Of all the gyms I've been to around Calgary, I'd have to say that World health on MacLeod and 42nd Ave has been the best. Fair bit of square footage and equipment. Lots of barbells and squat racks.