PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Golf Wedges

anarchy
08-07-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm fairly new but would like to pick up a decent of wedges for my set as I'm only using my PW for now.

Looking for RH sand, gap and lob wedges.

98type_r
08-07-2013, 01:20 PM
I have a Titleist Vokey gap wedge, (252.08) so 52 degree loft, 8 degree bounce. Used but overall good condition with no dents from rocks and it has a new grip. It is an older club so it's not the matted chrome finish like you would see now, it's a gloss chrome.
$50
I can take pictures if you're interested.

Buster.Himen
08-07-2013, 01:39 PM
I want to offer some first hand advice, as you say you are fairly new to Golf.

I too got caught up in needing to have EVERY wedge and got to the point that I couldn't even carry all of my equipment in my bag at the same time.

Do yourself a favour and play a PW, SW and a 60deg.......

Learn to play those lofts WELL before you get in too deep and realize that you wasted your money.

Rookie mistake that nearly every golfer here can attest to.

...hopefully this doesn't get deleted, as I think it's completely on topic.

anarchy
08-07-2013, 01:50 PM
98type_r thanks for the quick response! I'm going to look around a bit and see what people have to offer and let you know if I'd like to see pics.

Buster - really appreciate the advice. You're probably right, I don't need every wedge. I just know my pitch isn't covering it haha. I was going to pop over to Golf Town after work and maybe try some out, see what they recommend. I have no idea what degrees are best for someone like me.

ryeguy252
08-08-2013, 08:24 PM
pmd