PDA

View Full Version : Entering Enemy Territory

hockeybronx
02-23-2004, 01:59 AM
Alright, I'm going out on a limb with this.

But yes I am a Christian, fully devoted and I have no problems admitting it.

However this is for both Christians and non Christians: I'm just wondering who's going to see "The Passion Of The Christ" this week?

legereandrew4
02-23-2004, 02:01 AM
im christian, though not religious very much, havnt hit up church since i was little, but either way, i honestly think the movie looks liek it could be damn good... look sliek mel gibson did a damn good job with it. dunno if ill see it this week though.

AquamosH
02-23-2004, 02:15 AM
I'm Catholic and I'm planning on seeing it this weekend. Yeah, looks like Mel Gibson did a really good job on the film; it looks like he put a lot of heart into it.

Btw, why's this thread titled the way it is?

hockeybronx
02-23-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by AquamosH
Btw, why's this thread titled the way it is?

Because I'm used to getting absolutely blitzed by people I don't know because of my faith. It's amazing how people treat you differently after they begin to learn who you are.

It's also proving to be one of the most controversial movies released in a long time.

mo_virgin
02-23-2004, 02:47 AM
Yup... Im christian... gonna go see it as soon as it comes out

RickDaTuner
02-23-2004, 03:08 AM
Im a Christian too, but i dunno man soimething doesnt sit right about the movie..

to its like why do we need a movie to be Convinced of what Jesus Did for us, it look good dont get me wrong but I dunno...

My sister attends th Honer Acadamey(sp?) in tyler texas and she sent us a Dvd Screener copy that she got form her Boss along with a DVD Study guide, I think i'll just wait till it comes in the mail

thich
02-23-2004, 09:35 AM
It's not that you need to be CONVINCED of what Jesus did for you... more that it's an AFFIRMATION of it.

Mel Gibson made the movie so to be used as an evangelistical tool as well as a thought-provoking tool for the masses.

I totally support Mel Gibson for making the movie and I will be taking my non-Christian friends to see it.

topher91
02-23-2004, 11:42 AM
I'm Catholic, and Im gonna watch that movie too. I've been going to chruch ever since I was a baby so to make a big movie about the last hours of Jesus' life would be super interesting to watch.

I heard the Eric Banna who played Jesus got hurt or injured many times making the movie?! They thought is was a sign from God that they shouldn't be filming the movie. He got hypothermia, the cross smashed his head (he had to get stiches) and I heard he even got struck by lightning??!!

Hope its worth the watch!!

Chris

Akagi Redsuns
02-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by topher91
snip......I heard the Eric Banna who played Jesus got hurt or injured many times making the movie?! ......snip

Who is Eric Banna? ....... I am 100% sure that Jim Caviezel is the actor that plays Jesus in this movie. And he did endure some physical injuries.

Khyron
02-23-2004, 01:46 PM
It's only controversial because the news/media says it is. Pretty much everyone that's seen it says it's not offensive (they did take out 1 subtitle that said something like "death to all jews), but left the original dialog in.

I'm not religious at all, but I would like to see it just as a work of filmmaking.

Khyron

hjr
02-23-2004, 03:49 PM
me = no specific faith

movie = He can do whatever he wants to. Free speech. If anyone thinks its blasphomy or something, all i can say is dont go see it.

Mahk Uno
02-23-2004, 04:02 PM
The holy roman church...you guys should study anciant roman history and learn what romans were all about..not exactly holy if you get my drift..id say the bible especially revelations is one giant recorded acid trip...sorry for the dig i just hate to see people bound to religions laws and such....i used to be religious untill major players in the game started raping young boys, right back to where it started with the romans.

JAYMEZ
02-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Im catholic , im gonna go see it , looks good , supose to be gorey lol

EK 2.0
02-23-2004, 05:21 PM
I am Muslim, but still gonna check it out...I hold a Philo Bachelors with a minor in Religion and love to watch different interpretations of ALL religions...

AquamosH
02-23-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

Who is Eric Banna? ....... I am 100% sure that Jim Caviezel is the actor that plays Jesus in this movie. And he did endure some physical injuries.

Yeah it is James Caviezel. Some of the things he went through: he accidentally got whipped twice (leaving a 14" scar on his back), he was struck by lightning twice, and experienced hypothermia. In one scene his shoulder got separated when the cross was dropped on it; this scene was kept in the movie.

FiveFreshFish
02-24-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by hjr
me = no specific faith

movie = He can do whatever he wants to. Free speech. If anyone thinks its blasphomy or something, all i can say is dont go see it.

:werd: Should be a good entertaining couple of hours. Maybe I'll learn something! :)

googe
02-24-2004, 09:31 AM
sheesh
he actually got struck by lightning twice?
i dunno if i buy that! haha, thats so cliche, pissing off the guy upstairs and getting a thunderbolt in your ass. but TWICE?

Khyron
02-24-2004, 11:36 AM
The article I read said only once for lightning - still - even once is usually pretty bad. Now if they kept THAT scene in the movie, that would be cool. :eek:

Khyron

K271
02-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

:werd: Should be a good entertaining couple of hours. Maybe I'll learn something! :)

Entertaining??? I don't think it's intended to be entertaining.

I'm definitely going to see it. We saw bits and pieces of it in Church on sunday and it's pretty graphic and violent. But that's good, everyone will learn how much Jesus suffered for us, how much pain and hatred one man went through to spread love and peace. Praise the Lord!

three.eighteen.
02-25-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

Because I'm used to getting absolutely blitzed by people I don't know because of my faith. It's amazing how people treat you differently after they begin to learn who you are.

isnt most of the world christian? you've been treated badly for being a christian?

personally im one of those non-denominated ppl (raised catholic) and i find it hard to believe you've been persecuted in any way for being a christian, ppl treat you the same as when they first meet you and form an impression, if i find out someone is a firm believer in any religion im not going to disrespect them

googe
02-25-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by K271

Entertaining??? I don't think it's intended to be entertaining.

I'm definitely going to see it. We saw bits and pieces of it in Church on sunday and it's pretty graphic and violent. But that's good, everyone will learn how much Jesus suffered for us, how much pain and hatred one man went through to spread love and peace. Praise the Lord!

well of course its meant to be entertaining

K271
02-25-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by googe

well of course its meant to be entertaining

It's not to be meant to be entertaining. If you want entertainment go watch 50 First Dates. This movie is intended to show the life of Jesus and to share the word with everyone, believers and non-believers.

Wildcat
02-25-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by K271

It's not to be meant to be entertaining. If you want entertainment go watch 50 First Dates. This movie is intended to show the life of Jesus and to share the word with everyone, believers and non-believers.

Thats what the bible is for man, of course this movie is for entertainment.

topher91
02-25-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

OOOPS sorry ur rite.....I thought it was Eric Banna (the Hulk) !! Post reviews if any of you see it tonite!!!