PDA

View Full Version : EBay alarm help

jonfoo
08-16-2013, 12:17 PM
So I bought this : http://www.ebay.com/itm/271079317727?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

and after receiving it I was actually impressed by the quality. Anyways, I can't get the remotes to sync, the procedure in the manual says to put the car in ACC 5 times and leave it in ACC but that's not doing it. Anyway have any ideas or other standard procedures that other alarms use?

Also, don't bother with your "thats what u get with egay" blah blah blah, i just wanted a cheap alarm to protect my easily stolen beater.

silvercivicsir
08-16-2013, 04:04 PM
have you tested with a multi-meter / test light to make sure you have the correct ignition ?? ie a switched 12v ??

jonfoo
08-21-2013, 02:17 PM
yeah, even went as far as bench testing it with a car battery

BokCh0y
08-21-2013, 02:59 PM
I've seen it where you have to press something in addition to program the remotes.

ie - on/off on/off on with the ignition key then press the valet button and wait for it to chirp, then press button #1 on both remotes at the same time, or one after another.

What does it say exactly in the manual? could just be a bad interpretation?

So you toss the key in, then go from lock to acc 5 times?

sr20s14zenki
08-21-2013, 07:56 PM
After going to acc 5 times, you should hear the relays clicking over, and the parking lights flashing. At that point, usually, you hold button 1, but not sure about your particular alarm. A lot of them are the same. Are you sure that you fed it constant power in the correct place as well as ignition power in the right place?

jonfoo
08-22-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm 100% sure about the wiring since my last alarm crapped out and i just followed the wiring from that to this. The instructions in the manual were

"open the car door, put the off to acc/on position for 5 times within 10 secs, and stay in acc/on position, the LED will long switch, the direction light gleams for 4 times, then siren will chirp 4 times, if entry into the learning code status. press the buttons of the remots, siren chirp for one times, it show it has succeed learn the code, it can learn the code for 4 remotes for one alarm"

This model does not have a valet button, my last one did. Been trying to get a refund from the seller.

silvercivicsir
08-24-2013, 05:29 PM
did you test the door pin? is it the same polarity as the previous alarm? ie the alarm wants to see a "negative" trigger?