PDA

View Full Version : Anybody good for a side job - mostly prepped IS300 to paint ?

whatthe
08-19-2013, 09:37 AM
I've spent fair bit of time stripping down most of my IS. Hood, bumpers, trunk, roof, bumpers, etc. It looks mostly like a messed up Delorean down to the metal at the moment. There is still likely a few solid days of prep between door jambs, couple nicks to fix around wheel arches, two doors, etc.

I've been bombarded with too much to do in my regular day job downtown and it's not looking promising for me to finish this myself by winter time. Definitely need some primer back on this thing asap. I would need a hand, and ideally would be looking for someone who can either come out to my place and help as a side job (I'm in Langdon), or someone I can drop this off at their place to finish up.

I have catalyzed primer for the body, some flexible primer stuff for the bumpers, guns, etc. but haven't purchased the paint yet.

The car is getting set up proper with Aristo TT 2JZ GTE bits, but drivetrain is currently out of it. Would still want to move the car for the final paint in an actual booth/rental booth.

Let me know if you guys know of someone that could help out.

spacerz
08-19-2013, 10:13 AM
PM civicrider. He might be able to help you out.

whatthe
08-19-2013, 10:37 AM
will do, thanks!

civicrider
08-19-2013, 10:42 AM
I might be able to, be careful with that primer, if its going on bare metal it needs to be an epoxy, or else you need to lay down an etch primer before hand.

whatthe
08-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Good point, the bumper and the body primers are different, but
don't recall what body primer is off hand. It's been a few months since I picked it up, and I had talked about it with the guys at Advanced Auto supplies.

They had some stuff I used in the past and was vocal that I did not like it (an acrylic like durabuild I think). The one I grabbed was supposed to be epoxy I believe.

Let me know what would work for you. I can help on some of it, just can't do it all. Shoot me a PM

whatthe
08-19-2013, 02:48 PM
Alright, sorry, it looks like I was just thinking about first part of the words on the can that advertises the metal. It is a 2k urethane primer.

http://www.proformproducts.com/en/products/info/?product=1040&category=8

Would assume its more of a product trying to skip a step then...