PDA

View Full Version : Lost car keys

LUDELVR
08-22-2013, 06:38 PM
So long story short, keys are lost to a 2004 golf and there are no spares. What's the process to get new keys and how much is this going to cost?

dj_rice
08-22-2013, 06:52 PM
If you don't want to pay the tow costs of bringing the car to a dealer, then find a mobile locksmith. Most dealers require the car to be beside the computer in order to re-program the key to the vehicle.

In the Nissan world, the key fob portion is about $140. The key inside the key fob is $50 and then the re-programming is $145.

LUDELVR
08-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Anyone work at a vw dealership and can hook a brother up?

Ashers
08-22-2013, 11:11 PM
A 2004 Golf will have Immo3. If you don't have any other keys it will have to be towed to the dealership. The dealership has to hook up the car to the internet so that GeKo can unlock the security function in the Immo3 system to sync the keys. You'll need a new key, once paired they can't be used on another car. I know that the switchblade style keys run about $250 each. It's the only way to add keys, unless you know someone with a VAGTacho that could pull the SKC from the cluster and then use a VCDS to program them.

LUDELVR
08-23-2013, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Ashers
A 2004 Golf will have Immo3. If you don't have any other keys it will have to be towed to the dealership. The dealership has to hook up the car to the internet so that GeKo can unlock the security function in the Immo3 system to sync the keys. You'll need a new key, once paired they can't be used on another car. I know that the switchblade style keys run about $250 each. It's the only way to add keys, unless you know someone with a VAGTacho that could pull the SKC from the cluster and then use a VCDS to program them.

This was not a switchblade style key but it does have a chip in it I'm certain.

LUDELVR
08-23-2013, 02:07 AM
My question is, how the bloody hell do people steal tees cars if they need such a fancy key?

kenny
08-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Hey, was that you that was rescued by the Fire Dept at Louise Bridge? :eek:

turbotrip
08-23-2013, 09:37 AM
if you end up having to go to a dealership, call tunedub first- they were a bit cheaper than the dealer

Boosted131
08-23-2013, 09:52 AM
I lost mine for my Dakota and the dealer said it would have to come in and they can program a key. With remote it was over $200.

Luckily I went back to where I was quading and found my keys hanging off a stick

LUDELVR
08-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Hey, was that you that was rescued by the Fire Dept at Louise Bridge? :eek:

Haha nope, wasn't me but came damn close!!!!!