PDA

View Full Version : realtor.ca lacking search features

BigMass
08-24-2013, 10:42 AM
searching for apartments in and around the downtown area. Anyone else find the lack of search options frustrating?

example

1 or 2 bedrooms. But no option to search for 1 bedroom + den

no option to specify Adult only building or pets/no pets allowed

no option to search terms like "top floor" or "concrete" or "quiet"

I'm sure a realtor could find this stuff for me but I don't wanna waste anybody's time if i'm just browsing or not really looking to buy for another year or so.

Sugarphreak
08-24-2013, 11:25 AM

Darkane
08-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Yes. Then they use MLX to find it.

Pissed me off to no end I couldn't search for triple garages unless I had MLX.

JfuckinC
08-24-2013, 12:06 PM
i wish large patio was an option.

BigMass
08-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
i wish large patio was an option.

well more obscure things don't need to be options but you should be able to do search terms like "large patio" and it searches the written descriptions just like you would search a forum. Seems reasonable for something you're buying that costs half a million dollars no? I get more search ability on $5 items I buy off ebay

BigMass
08-24-2013, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
^^ I think that it is intentionally setup like that so that you have to approach a realtor

seems lame. I'm always curious about historic sales prices properties i'm looking at. Seems like a waste of realtor time for me to keep having to ask someone. They make it difficult for people to be informed buyers. I can get more info on a car i'm buying. For a home, which is the largest purchase most people make in their lifetimes, there should be the most amount of information available. I want to know everything on the listing. The past sales prices going back 30 years, special assessments on a condo, condo documents etc. All these should be available online for anybody to view on their own before wasting a realtor's time. Maybe i'm just crazy asking for this stuff on something that's going to cost me half a million.

Weapon_R
08-24-2013, 12:46 PM
Not crazy, but its 100% intentional to force you to use their service. Its their system and its their rules. Unfortunately unless a viable alternative comes about, you'll have to seek a Realtors advice if you want specific details from the mls.

JfuckinC
08-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

well more obscure things don't need to be options but you should be able to do search terms like "large patio" and it searches the written descriptions just like you would search a forum. Seems reasonable for something you're buying that costs half a million dollars no? I get more search ability on $5 items I buy off ebay

haha yah i agree, a keyword function would be amazimg.. it will never happen, oh well. :dunno:

gamman
08-25-2013, 09:41 AM
Three car garages yes.
Age restricted yes.

Some other things mentioned not so much. Have to realize most realtors have barely high school, so garbage in garbage out. Some dorks are so bad at listing, its ridiculous. If you don't cast a wide net you might miss some good ones because of these people.

If I am not mistaken, you guys can't even search sqft. It's all about protectionism of commissions. An effective search and listing function would make us all executive overpaid couriers. Oh wait, we already are now.

JordanLotoski
08-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Let me know what you guys are looking for I can put you on a more detailed search

Realtor.ca is pretty basic, as mentioned above they want you to call your realtor.