PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with sweedish aspen suckers/roots in my backyard

thinmyster
08-24-2013, 04:08 PM
My neighbour has about 10-15 mature trees running along their backyard. They look great and offer tons of privacy but I have roots and suckers popping up all over my backyard and they return every week!

Ive cut them back with shears and mowed over others but it becomes tricky walking in the backyard barefoot when the sucker dies and hardens >:( Also makes my lawn look like s**t.

Ive peeked over the fence and their lawn looks great. I just moved in a couple months ago. I have battling these trees ever since.

HELP!

BlackArcher101
08-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Pics? How far are they from the fence/tree?

CompletelyNumb
08-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Just rub some herbicide on them after you cut them. Should see a good reduction in regrowth.

cidley69
08-26-2013, 08:20 AM
I had similiar problem, i let them get about a foot or two tall, then spray the leaves with par 3 or some similiar good quality herbicide, at full strength (not diluted as per spraying directions). once the plant looks dead (day or two later) then cut down flush to ground, and again spray straight herbicide on freshly cut stalk.

I did this in spring and only now am I seeing a few of these suckers return.

thinmyster
08-31-2013, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by cidley69
I had similiar problem, i let them get about a foot or two tall, then spray the leaves with par 3 or some similiar good quality herbicide, at full strength (not diluted as per spraying directions). once the plant looks dead (day or two later) then cut down flush to ground, and again spray straight herbicide on freshly cut stalk.

I did this in spring and only now am I seeing a few of these suckers return.

And that didnt kill the main tree?