PDA

View Full Version : Your latest whey protein

msommers
08-26-2013, 07:42 PM
Curious what you guys are using lately. I'm after something of good quality, not bang for the buck. Whether it's local or online it doesn't matter but quality of the whey is #1.

theken
08-26-2013, 07:46 PM
iso.100 have been using for a while now, super good flavour high quantities of protein no carbs.

Redlined_8000
08-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Isopure zero carb

ddduke
08-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Eat food.

schocker
08-26-2013, 08:19 PM
I still go for the costco vanilla kaizen, I have been using ON whey though as I bought a bag awhile ago from BB, but not as good as kaizen imo (Less protein, doesn't mix as well, more powderyish).

CivicTunr
08-26-2013, 08:37 PM
i like iso senstation, and iso gold. I dont like ON casien

woodywoodford
08-26-2013, 08:44 PM
I've been rocking the Weider fruit splash whey from Safeway. It tastes pretty good and mixes without even having to stir if you let it sit a minute. I think $30 for 330 g container.

90 cal
21 g protein
50 mg potassium
35 mg sodium
0 g fat

I have no idea if those are good stats, I just bought it cause it was quick and I didn't feel like running to popeyes. Anybody have an opinion on it?

beyond_ban
08-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Isoflex. Tastes amazing and has no sugar and or fat.

http://www.allmaxnutrition.com/products-type/isoflex/

msommers
08-26-2013, 09:00 PM
I'm kinda curious where they're sourcing their whey from and how theyre proceszing it as I think that's where the difference of the whey quality differs most among brands. Might have to do some fine-tooth researching as I think some large corps. developed the same/similar stuff under different brands (or so some on the internetz say).

theken
08-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by ddduke
Eat food.
hard to get the amount of protein out of food with minimal calories

Tej.S
08-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Good quality? TRUTEINNN

Edit: If you're not after flavor, then Kaizen's New Zealand whey is the best for quality.

duaner
08-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Kaizen Natural Whey--no artificial flavors or sweeteners; gluten free; no hormones, pesticides or GMOs. $60 at Community Natural Foods or $57 at fitshop.ca.

The chocolate tastes fine, IMO. I've tasted better, like IsoFlex for example, but it's because of artificial flavors and sweeteners. I started cutting back on all the supplements once I began realizing the irony of working out to "be healthy" and yet supporting the workouts with chemicals. I'll sacrifice some flavor for an all natural solution.

msommers
08-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Thanks! I looked into other ones since that New Zealand one mentioned and found that, and two others: Only Protein and Protein17. The search continues!

EK69
08-26-2013, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by woodywoodford
I've been rocking the Weider fruit splash whey from Safeway. It tastes pretty good and mixes without even having to stir if you let it sit a minute. I think $30 for 330 g container.

90 cal
21 g protein
50 mg potassium
35 mg sodium
0 g fat

I have no idea if those are good stats, I just bought it cause it was quick and I didn't feel like running to popeyes. Anybody have an opinion on it?
Holy shit That's pretty damn expensive

Costco has chocolate, vanilla and some unflavored stuff too for a bit more money

I have read that trutein and cellucor are the best tasting.
syntha6 and Phase8 are pretty good too both mix ability and taste (phase8 is buy one get one free at bb.com for the 2lb tubs )

Stay the hell away from blue beast labs lol that shit tastes funky and gives u gas like crazy...:barf:

Anyone try musclepharm combat powder I think it's called?

jdmXSI
08-26-2013, 10:16 PM
I've been using this stuff for the same reason as it seem contradictory to work out and then feed your body crap:

http://www.precisionallnatural.com/our-products/whey-protein/

iirc its 54.99 from the supplement store in market mall and Chinook.

Tej.S
08-26-2013, 10:36 PM
EK69, MusclePharm's combat powder cookies n cream, so delicious :drool: it's sugary though, so if sweet tasting whey isn't your thing, you won't like it.

zipdoa
08-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Kaizen, or whatever happens to be cheapest when I'm looking. I always laugh when guys pay $60+ for small tubs of protein.

flipstah
08-27-2013, 07:45 AM
+1 on Kaizen products from Costco. You can't beat it!

EK69
08-27-2013, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Tej.S
EK69, MusclePharm's combat powder cookies n cream, so delicious :drool: it's sugary though, so if sweet tasting whey isn't your thing, you won't like it.
I always see it on specials on various websites lol so that made me wonder if it's crappy or something and thats why everyone is trying to clear stock

Tej.S
08-27-2013, 09:10 AM
It's pretty good IMO, but as I said, I know some people who can't stand sweet tasting Whey. So unless you have a sweet tooth, I wouldn't recommend it. I'm strictly talking about the cookies and cream flavor, I haven't tried any others.

EK69
08-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Tej.S
It's pretty good IMO, but as I said, I know some people who can't stand sweet tasting Whey. So unless you have a sweet tooth, I wouldn't recommend it. I'm strictly talking about the cookies and cream flavor, I haven't tried any others.
Hmm might pickup a small tub to try it out I don't mind sweet whey much lol
But I think the semi annual kaizen sale should be coming up at Costco soon ish
$38.99 for 4.4lb tub I think they are?