PDA

View Full Version : Calling participants for a driving simulator study in Toronto

DrivingResearcher
08-27-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm a PhD student at the University of Toronto, and I'm currently looking for participants for a driving simulator experiment. My research focuses on driver behaviour, and in particular on how well drivers use cues in the environment to plan ahead a few seconds in traffic.
If you drive 50,000km a year or more, I'd like to invite you to participate in my study. The experiment would take 1.5 hours or less, in which you would drive the simulator through four short scenarios. You'll briefly review your drive together with me, and you'll be compensated $20 for your participation. If you come in by car, I'll try to get a parking spot on campus, or reimburse you for street parking. You'd have the chance to experience a brand new driving simulator, and you'd help me out a great deal with my research (it is proving very hard to find high mileage drivers). If you're interested in participating, please fill out my short screening questionnaire ( https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DGVJCTD ) to see whether you meet the requirements, and I'll get back to you asap to schedule your drive.

Thank you very much!

Patrick

M.alex
08-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi - I are drive good. You paypal me $20 and I comments to you from Calgary? Yes? Good interest?

Boosted131
08-27-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm down if you pay to fly me to t dot

G-ZUS
08-28-2013, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Boosted131
I'm down if you pay to fly me to t dot

:werd:

GTS4tw
08-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Good luck finding people who drive 50,000 km a year, and are willing to take a few hours out for $20, and maybe free parking.

lilmira
08-28-2013, 08:10 AM
So you are a PhD student and you are asking for Calgarians to go to Toronto for your study, for 20bucks?

spikerS
08-28-2013, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by lilmira
So you are a PhD student and you are asking for Calgarians to go to Toronto for your study, for 20bucks?

something tells me they don't do a lot of research, which tends to make me think their PhD isn't worth the toilet paper it is written on.

dirtsniffer
08-28-2013, 08:35 AM
I average around 40 a year and would help you out.. But my car is currently broken, when can you come pick me up?

CanmoreOrLess
08-28-2013, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by DrivingResearcher
My research focuses on driver behaviour, and in particular on how well drivers use cues in the environment to plan ahead a few seconds in traffic.

You do know this is Calgary? Our oil enriched DNA strands are unable to do any of this, hell we cannot even parallel park properly.

Tomaz
08-28-2013, 10:17 AM
I drive between 50,000-60,000kms each year. And I want $20!!

But I wont drive/fly accross the country for it.

CompletelyNumb
08-28-2013, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by DrivingResearcher
....University of Toronto.....My research...

:banghead: